- Borrowers are responsible for all equipment checked out. Destruction or excessive wear will be assessed accordingly by Co-Op staff and Co-Op Manager and charged to the student’s NWC account.
- Check-outs are for one to seven days at a time, except by special arrangements.
- All REC Co-Op Patrons will be required to pay a $50.00 deposit at the Business Office. Upon payment, the Business office will send the patron back to the REC Co-Op office with reciept of payment, where the Patron will recieve a "Check Out Card". That card will be required to be shown for the remainder of the semester every time the Patron wishes to check out equipment. All checkouts that are late will result in $5.00 per day deducted from the Patron's deposit. If the Patron reaches $50.00 in late fees, they will be required to place another deposit before checking out equipment again.
- Any Damage(s) to equipment will be assessed a fee for repairs and/or replacement, depending on the severity of damage, assessed by the REC Co-Op Manager. Those damages and/or replacements will also be deducted from the deposit. If the Assessed damages/replacement fee is higher than the deposit, the deposit will be kept, and remaining fee will be placed on the Patron's NWC Account. NO PATRON WITH AN OUTSTANDING FEE will be permitted to checkout equipment until the fee is paid in full. It is the right of the REC Co-Op staff and management to deny permission of Patron's for future checkouts given a history of late returns and/or damages.
- Any remaining balance left from a deposit will be refunded to the Patron on or before Spring Graduation, or earielr of the Patron wishes to return their Check Out Card. Any deposit remaining/not picked up starting the day after Spring Graduation will be considered a donation to the REC Co-Op. It is not the responsibility of the REC Co-Op or NWC to return deposits to Patrons.
- Some items may require permission from the REC Co-Op Manager for check out. Some items will not be available for check out at varying times during the semester due to required class use.
- Equipment is checked out on a first come/first serve basis. Reservations are not permitted without express permission from the REC Co-Op manager.
- NWC ID#, Local Address, Phone Number and Email will be required at time of checkout.
- REC Co-Op Patrons are responsible for ensuring all equipment is returned in good workinng condition. It is also the responsibiity of the Patron to ensure all part and pieces are present and in good working order. It is the Patron's responsibility to notify the REC Co-Op staff immediately if there is any issue with equipment. Any damage or missing pieces of equipment will be assessed when equipment is returned and billed to the Patron's NWC account. The REC Co-Op Patron has the right and responsibility to remain at the REC Co-Op while equipment is being returned and inspected for damage. Any damage found after Patron has left will be billed Patron's NWC account, and Patron agrees to financial responsibility of any damage or replacement required even if they are not present during equipment inspection.
- EQUIPMENT is to be returned ONLY when there is a REC Co-Op staff member present to check in the equipment.
- DO NOT LEAVE EQUIPMENT OUTSIDE THE REC Co-Op, If the equipment is stolen or lost, it will be charged to the REC Co-Op Members NWC account.
- DO NOT give or loan equipment to a different person to use or return for you. The borrower who the equipment is checked out o MUST return the equipment themselves.
- Checkouts/Equipment that are late/overdue will be charged up to $5.00 per day. The total charge will acrue each day until the equipment is returned or the total late fee is equal to the replacement cost of the equipment checked out. Once the equipment is returned, or the replacement cost is reached, the late fee/replacement cost will be charged to the Patron's NWC account.
- Equipment that is returned when a REC Co-Op staff member is not present will result in a $5.00 charge placed on your NWC account.
- Equipment that is returned dirty and/or wet will result in a $5.00 cleaning fee being charged to your NWC account.
- Whitewater kayaks will only be checked out to students who have taken the PEAC/OEAC 1285 Beginning Kayaking/Whitewater Kayaking course or an equivalent course taught by Gradient Mountain Sports or another instructional program. REC Co-Op member must present proof course completion.
- The REC Co-Op staff are not responsible for loading or transporting equipment that is checked out or being returned. The borrower is solely responsble for the correct and safe loading, unloading and transportation of equipment. The REC Co-Op does not check out bike or boat racks for vehicles or trailers.
I have read and understand the rules and regulations of the REC Co-Op and agree to abide by the rules listed above. Any failure to abide by or meet these rules and regulations will result in a fine place on my NWC account.
I agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the Recreation Equipment Co-Op and to return the above listed equipment in satisfactory condition on or before the date it is due. I crertify that I am finiancially responsible for the loss or negligence concerning college/REC Co-Op equipment. In consideration of the right to borrow Northwest College equipment, I assume all risks associated with the use of this equipment and will hold NWC harmless from any and all liability, actions, causes of actions, debts, claims, and demands of every kind and nature in connection with my use of Northwest College Equipment.
The terms hereof shall serve as an "Release and Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability Waiver" for myself, my heirs, executors, and administrators and for all members of my family including minors.
Equipment Reservation Form
Please complete the reservation form to indicate the equipment you would like to reserve from the Recreation Equipment Co-Op (REC). It can be found at the REC Website (www.nwc.edu/coop), or you can email the REC for a copy, email@example.com. Once received, a REC staff member will contact you about additional details, to arrange a day and time to pick up your equipment, and email a copy of the equipment checkout form that you will need to print, sign, and bring with you when you pick up for your equipment.
Equipment can be checked out for NO MORE than 5 business days at a time. After that amount of time, it will need to be returned to the REC by contacting the REC staff at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for it return and drop off.
For a list of equipment available for check-out for the summer (2020), please check the REC website @ www.nwc.edu/coop, or email email@example.com. We will have a limited selection of equipment available for check out during the summer due to the COVID-19 restrictions.
** The following a short list of equipment that will be available:
- Mountain and "Town" bikes and helmets
- Stand Up Paddle Boards (SUP's) and accessories
- Touring/Inflatable/Whitewater kayaks and accessories
- Whitewater rafts and accessories
- Backpacking stoves and fuel bottles
Equipment will be picked up in the grass out in front of the FAB Annex. You will be emailed additional information for specifics of location/date/time for pickup and drop off. Due to COVID-19 regulations, you will not be permitted to enter the FAB Annex building. In an attempt to reduce possible disease transmission, we will also continue to practice Social Distancing and the REC Co-Op management will be located either just inside the building, or in a vehicle to watch the equipment until it is picked up and/or dropped off. Please do not expect to be allowed various interactions or the ability to try on/out equipment and exchange. If you have specific preferences, you need to note those on the Reservation form.