Prior to taking an Impact Bay Area class all participants must complete a Release of Liability/Waiver. All individuals under the age of 18 MUST have waiver signed by a Parent or Legal Guardian. Minors under the age of 18 without a waiver signed by a Parent or Legal Guardian will not be allowed to participate in class.
This agreement is between Participant and Impact Bay Area, its employees, and affiliated organizations, their agents, employees, volunteers, officers and directors (collectively referred to as "Impact").
In consideration for participation in any Impact course (hereinafter referred to as the "Course"), I make the following statements, promises and agreements on behalf of myself and, if applicable, my child or ward:
- I am aware that the course involves strenuous physical activities and personal body contact, and that I may be participating in simulated assault scenarios which can be physically harmful and/or emotionally stressful.
- I attest that above named participant is physically fit to participate in the Course.
- I am voluntarily taking the Course with knowledge of the danger involved, and I agree to accept any and all risks of injury.
- I understand that if above named participant has a disability, illness, pregnancy, or is currently seeing a therapist or other health care provider (physician, social worker, psychotherapist, chiropractor, podiatrist, clinical psychologist, or the like), I am required to consult with said physician or health care provider both before and during participation in the course. Further, I acknowledge that Impact strongly recommends that I continue with treatment of each and every current or recent physical or emotional condition and that I consult with each health care provider for the duration of the course.
- I hereby release and discharge Impact Bay Area and its officers, employees, volunteers, agents, and contractors from all actions, claims, or demands that I, my heirs, guardians, and legal representatives now have, or may have in the future, for injury or damage resulting from participation in the Course.
By signing below, I confirm that I have read, understand, and consent to the terms of this waiver agreement. I warrant that I am not relying on any oral representations, statements or inducement apart from the statements made on this form.
Date: March 23, 2023