Today's Date: June 24, 2021
Membership in Triangle Shooting Academy (TSA) will be available only to persons who are legally able to possess a firearm. Members must be in compliance with all federal, state and local laws concerning ownership and the handling of firearms. Membership will be granted, and may be revoked, at the sole discretion of TSA.
I certify as follows: (1) I am not and have never been the subject of a criminal or any other proceeding that prevents me from legally owning, handling or possessing firearms under North Carolina or Federal Law; (2) I can lawfully own, handle and possess a firearm; and, (3) All information given in this Application is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
I have read, I understand and I agree to comply with the Terms and Conditions attached to this Application as well as the Waiver of Liability, Release of Claims and Agreement to Hold Harmless Defend and Indemnify and the Triangle Shooting Academy rules.
Note: Triangle Shooting Academy reserves the right to revise this Membership Application & Agreement at any time.
Triangle Shooting Academy Range Rules
If you observe a violation of these range rules, please bring it to the attention of any staff member and we will take immediate corrective action. It is our goal to provide you with a safe and fun range experience. Thank you from Staff and Management!
When there is no Range Safety Officer (RSO) on duty inside the range, all shooters are expected to know, adhere to, and help enforce range rules. If you observe a violation of these range rules, please bring it to the attention of any staff member and we will take immediate corrective action. It is our goal to provide you with a safe and fun range experience. Thank you from Staff and Management!
1. Keep your firearm unloaded and cased until you enter your shooting stall. Do not enter the store with a loaded firearm. UNCASE ALL FIREARMS IN THE SHOOTING STALLS ONLY! NO FIREARMS ARE ALLOWED BEHIND THE STALLS.
2. When leaving the range area, ensure all firearms are unloaded and cased.
3. Eye protection and ear muffs must be worn at all times while in the firing area. This includes entering the airlocks. Earplugs are not considered to be sufficient ear protection when worn alone.
4. Always keep firearms unloaded and your finger off the trigger until you are in the stall, on target and ready to shoot.
5. Dry firing is permitted from the shooting stall only.
6. If you have a jam or malfunction and cannot clear the issue yourself, place the firearm on the bench with the barrel pointed down range. Then, ask a Range Safety Officer (RSO) for assistance. DO NOT REMOVE THE FIREARM FROM THE SHOOTING STALL!
7. Do not hand a loaded firearm to another person. Place the firearm on the shooting bench and allow them to pick the firearm up from the bench.
8. All Long guns must be bagged or cased.
9. Commands issued by a Range Safety Officer (RSO) must be followed immediately. When the command "CEASE FIRE" is given: STOP SHOOTING immediately and REMOVE your finger from the trigger; keep the firearm POINTED DOWN RANGE, remove the magazine from your firearm, lock the slide to the rear, and place your firearm on the bench. WAIT for further instructions from a RSO.
10. Black powder, steel core, tracers, armor piercing, incendiary, steel/aluminum cased, birdshot/buckshot or other exotic ammunition is strictly prohibited. Slugs are the only ammunition permitted to be fired from a shotgun. No ammunition that contains 'shot' will be allowed on the range.
11. Minimum age of 12 years old, unless trained through Project Appleseed, or other NRA certified courses. All shooters under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian at all times on the range.
12. Two people maximum per lane - other guests must remain in the retail area and can watch through the viewing windows. Only one shooter may fire at a time.
13. No cross-lane shooting.
14. No one is permitted across the firing line at any time. Request a Range Safety Officer (RSO) to retrieve any equipment that falls beyond the firing line.
15. Triangle Shooting Academy reserves the right to deny the use of targets on the range that may be deemed offensive or unsafe.
16. Use the appropriate size target, placed on the cardboard backing below the black line, to ensure that your shot strikes the backstop and not the floor, ceiling, or target carrier.
17. Shooting at anything other than your own target is prohibited and will subject you to immediate removal from the range.
18. Firing a shot that results in damage to any range equipment may result in a repair fee and/or immediate removal from the range.
19. Food, beverages, and tobacco are not allowed in the firing area. Smoking or vaping is strictly prohibited on Triangle Shooting Academy property.
20. Drawing from a holster requires prior certification from Triangle Shooting Academy's Range Safety Officers (RSO) or completion of Defensive Pistol 2.
21. Report all violations of range rules to range staff.
22. Triangle Shooting Academy reserves the right to refuse services and membership to any individual who, in our judgment, would endanger the safety of our staff or patrons. Any unsafe conduct may result in immediate dismissal from the range without refund.
23. I understand that I may be under video surveillance, audio surveillance, photographed or electronically recorded by some other means. I understand that I may be identifiable from such photographic, electronic or video reproductions. I further understand the releases may use such recordings or reproductions for advertising, promotions, education or any other reason the releases may deem appropriate.
24. Triangle Shooting Academy's bullet traps are designed to handle handgun and rifle calibers under .50 caliber. If you are unsure if your firearm may be shot on the range, please ask a Range Safety Officer (RSO) for assistance.
25. Be sure your firearm is safe to operate and know how to properly operate it. Please see a Range Safety Officer (RSO) if you have any questions.
26. Accidental discharges, damages or injuries (no matter how minor) must be reported to a Range Safety Officer (RSO) immediately.
27. All shooters must view the safety video provided at Triangle Shooting Academy.
28. Proper attire must be worn to shoot at Triangle Shooting Academy. No open toes shoes, or high heels. We suggest comfortable tennis shoes. No low cut shirts, see-through or cropped shirts. This dress code is in place for your safety and to prevent hot brass making contact with your skin. Triangle Shooting Academy reserves the right to refuse anyone to shoot at our facility for dress code.
29. Triangle Shooting Academy staff have the final authority.
Waiver of Liability
I have read, agree and understand the Triangle Shooting Academy Range Rules and this liability waiver and I was given the opportunity to ask for clarification of any of the rules before signing this Agreement.
I understand I am entering a private shooting range at my own risk where I will encounter high levels of noise and the discharge of ammunition from firearms. I am entering this property at my own risk and I acknowledge the risks and dangers that exist in my use of any and all firearms and my participation in shooting activities. I acknowledge and understand that shooting activities are inherently hazardous and involve both known and unanticipated risks which could result in damage or destruction of property and physical or emotional injury, including paralysis or death, of myself or of other persons and I assume the risks that could result in physical and/or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third-parties. The risks include, but are not limited to, flying bullets, flying debris, noise, being shot by or shooting myself or others; partial or total loss of eyesight or hearing; inhalation or other harmful contact with lead or other contaminants; and being struck by flying or falling objects. I understand that such risks cannot be eliminated without compromising the essential qualities of shooting activities. I understand that Triangle Shooting Academy reserves the right to eject from the premises any individual who violates any of the rules of Triangle Shooting Academy or otherwise acts in any unsafe manner as determined by Triangle Shooting Academy. The undersigned agrees to peaceably leave the premises of Triangle Shooting Academy if so ejected, after paying for all services and any damage that I may have caused to Triangle Shooting Academy property.
In consideration of the acceptance of my participation, directly or as a spectator or observer, in any activity, class, competition, firing range rental, firearm rental, or other use of the facilities of Triangle Shooting Academy (hereinafter, collectively, "Activity"), THE UNDERSIGNED AGREES TO ASSUME THE RISKS incidental to such participation and, on my own behalf and on behalf of my heirs, executors and administrators, I RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, AND FOREVER DISCHARGE Triangle Shooting Academy, related, affiliated and subsidiary companies, and the officers, directors, employees, volunteers, agents, representatives, insurers, successors, heirs and assigns of each (hereinafter "TSA") of and from fault, liabilities, costs, expenses, claims, or demands for damages, causes of action, attachments of property, injury, death, or financial compensation of any nature arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in any such Activity.
I hold harmless from all for lawsuits arising out of, related to or connected with: the discharge of firearms; the course of instruction, the TSA's range, buildings, land and premises (hereinafter the "premises") and my presence on or use of said premises. And, should any such claim, demand or lawsuit arise or be asserted in any way whatsoever related thereto, whether arising under the laws of the United States, the State of North Carolina, or under any theory or law or equity, I will indemnify, hold harmless and defend TSA from any and all costs, expenses, or liability including, but not limited to, the cost of any settlement or judgement made or rendered against TSA, whether individually, jointly or in solido with the undersigned, together with all costs and other costs or expenses incurred in connection with any such claim, demand or lawsuit including attorney's fees.
I further acknowledge and understand that Triangle Shooting Academy makes no warranty as to the design, manufacture, maintenance, condition, or fitness for any particular purpose of any range facilities or equipment, including, but not limited to: firearms, ammunition, eye/hearing protection, and first-aid supplies. I agree to assume all responsibility and liability for any act or acts, even any negligent, reckless or criminal act or omission to act, of my guests at the range and for minors under my supervision. I also agree to supervise and be responsible for any minor in my care while on the property. I agree to be personally responsible for my safety and the safety of minors under my supervision and for the safety of my guests.
I further waive for myself and my executors, administrators, assignees or heirs, any and all rights and claims for damages, losses, demands and any other actions whatsoever, which I may have or which may arise against TSA, (including but not limited to any and all injuries, damages or illnesses suffered by me or my property), which may, in any way whatsoever, arise out of, be related to or be connected with the course of instruction; the premises, including any latent defence in the premises; my presence on or use of said premises; my property (whether or not entrusted to TSA); and, the discharge of firearms. TSA shall not be liable for, and I hereby expressly release TSA from any and all such claims on behalf of myself and my executors, administrators, assignees, or heirs.
I further acknowledge and understand that Triangle Shooting Academy has no duty to undertake first-aid or rescue operations or procedures in the event any such property damage or physical or emotional injury occurs. In entering into this Agreement, I hereby grant TSA a limited power of attorney and authorization to obtain, at my cost, any and all emergency medical treatment, which may be needed by myself as a result of participation in any Activity. For the purposes of this Agreement, emergency medical treatment means medical care or treatment necessitated by a sudden, unexpected situation demanding immediate medical attention. However, I release, indemnify, hold harmless, covenant not to sue, and forever discharge TSA of and from all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any nature arising out of or in any way connected with the exercise or the failure to exercise such limited power of attorney and authorization, whether negligent or otherwise.
I expressly agree that this Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law, and that if any provision of this Agreement is held illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the enforeceability of the remaining provisions shall not be impaired thereby, and such invalid part, term or provision shall not be deemed part of this Agreement. I further agree that any ambiguities in this Agreement shall not be construed in favor or against any party by virtue of that party having drafted the Agreement. No remedy conferred by any of the specific provisions of this Agreement is intended to be exclusive of any other remedy, and each and every remedy shall be cumulative and shall be in addition to every other remedy now or hereafter existing at law or in equity or by statute or otherwise. The election of any one or more remedy hereunder shall not constitute any waiver of the right to pursue other available remedies.
I certify that I am eighteen (18) years of age or older and that I am entering into this Agreement on my own behalf. I expressly understand that the aforementioned Activity includes the discharge of firearms and the firing of live ammunition. I further certify that I have completely read the foregoing and I expressly agree.