Today's Date: July 16, 2019
Access to Triangle Shooting Academy (TSA) range will be available only to persons who are legally able to possess a firearm. Customers must be in compliance with all federal, state and local laws concerning ownership and the handling of firearms. Access will be granted and may be revoked, at the sole discretion of TSA.
I certify as follows: (1) I am not and have never been the subject of a criminal or any other proceeding that prevents me from legally owning, handling or possessing firearms under North Carolina or Federal Law; (2) I can lawfully own, handle and possess a firearm; and, (3) All information given in this Application is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
I have read, I understand and I agree to comply with the Terms and Conditions attached to this Application as well as the Waiver of Liability, Release of Claims and Agreement to Hold Harmless Defend and Indemnify and the Triangle Shooting Academy rules.
Note: Triangle Shooting Academy reserves the right to revise this Range Application & Agreement at any time
Triangle Shooting Academy Range Rules
Range Safety Officers are present at all times to ensure the safety of all shooters and bystanders. Each Range Safety Officer may use their full discretion concerning safety on the range. If the unsafe behavior occurs, a warning or corrective instruction will be given. If the unsafe behavior continues to occur, that participant will be asked to leave the range. Please be kind and respectful to the Range Safety Officers. They are there to ensure the safety of you and your neighbors. And always remember, the Range Safety Officers have the final say. If you observe a violation of these range rules, please bring it to the attention of any team member and we will take immediate corrective action. It is our goal to provide you with a safe and fun range experience. Thank you, from the Triangle Shooting Academy Team!
1. Keep your firearm unloaded and cased until you enter your shooting stall. Do not enter the store with a loaded firearm. Uncase all firearm in the shooting stalls only. No firearms are allowed behind the stalls.
2. Always keep firearms unloaded and your finger off the trigger until you are in the stall, on target and ready to shoot.
3. When leaving the range area, ensure all firearms are unloaded and cased.
4. Eye and ear protection must be worn at all times while in the firing area. This includes entering the airlocks.
5. Dry firing is permitted from the shooting stall only.
6. If you have a jam or malfunction and cannot clear the issue yourself, place the firearm on the bench with the barrel pointed down range. Then, ask a Range Safety Officer (RSO) for assistance. Do not remove the firearm from the shooting stall.
7. Do not hand a loaded firearm to another person. Place the firearm on the shooting bench and allow them to pick the firearm up from the bench.
8. Commands issued by a Range Safety Officer must be followed immediately. When the command “CEASE FIRE” is given: STOP SHOOTING immediately and REMOVE your finger from the trigger; keep the firearm pointed down range, remove the magazine from your firearm, lock the slide to the rear, and place your firearm on the bench. Wait for further instructions from a Range Safety Officer.
9. Two people maximum per lane – other guests must remain in the retail area and can watch through the viewing windows. Only one shooter may fire at a time.
10. No one is permitted across the firing line at any time. Request a Range Safety Officer to retrieve any equipment that falls beyond the firing line.
11. Use the appropriate size target, placed on the cardboard backing below the black line, to ensure that your shot strikes the backstop and not the floor, ceiling, or target carrier.
12. Shooting at anything other than your own target is prohibited and will subject you to immediate removal from the range. No cross-lane shooting.
13. Report all violations of range rules to range staff.
14. Triangle Shooting Academy’s bullet traps are designed to handle handgun and rifle calibers under .50 caliber. If you are unsure if your firearm may be shot on the range, please ask a Range Safety Officer for assistance.
15. Be sure your firearm is safe to operate and know how to properly operate it. Please see a Range Safety Officer if you have any questions.
16. Accidental discharges, damages or injuries (no matter how minor) must be reported to a Range Safety Officer immediately.
This dress code is in place for your safety and to prevent hot brass from making contact with your skin. Triangle Shooting Academy reserves the right to refuse anyone to shoot at our facility for dress code.
17. No open-toed shoes or high heels are permitted on the range. We suggest comfortable tennis shoes.
18. No low-cut, see-through or cropped shirts.
19. Pants are to be worn at waist level.
20. All guests of Triangle Shooting Academy must comply with the following age requirements:
- Shooters must be a minimum age of 12 years old.
- All shooters under the age of 18 must be accompanied on the same lane by a parent or legal guardian at all times on the range.
- To rent a semiautomatic or bolt-action rifle, you must be 18 years of age or older.
- To rent a semiautomatic or pump-shotgun, you must be 18 years of age or older.
- To rent a handgun or suppressor, you must be 21 years of age or older.
- To rent or operate an automatic firearm, you must be 21 years of age or older.
- Shooters aged between 18-21 must be accompanied by someone 21 years of age or older to shoot any handguns. This age requirement includes handguns legally owned by individuals under the age of 21.
- To purchase shotgun ammunition, rifle ammunition, air-rifle pellets or BBs, you must be 18 years of age or older.
- To purchase handgun ammunition, primers, or reloading powder, you must be 21 years of age or older.
21. All firearms must be cased at all times anywhere in the facility, excluding when you are in your assigned lane in the range.
22. Anyone who wishes to go into the range must obtain a range or membership card, by filling out our Range Safety Waiver and watching the Safety Video.
23. When renting a firearm from Triangle Shooting Academy, shooters are asked to have a Range Safety Officer check the rental firearm in the lane prior to leaving the bay and returning the firearm to the rental counter.
24. Triangle Shooting Academy asks that all participants be honest when referring to their background and knowledge of firearms. New shooters may receive help from experienced shooters in their party or from a Triangle Shooting Academy Range Safety Officer.
25. Drawing from a holster requires prior certification from Triangle Shooting Academy’s Range Safety Officers or completion of Defensive Pistol 2.
Prohibited Ammunition, Devices, and Materials
26. The following types of ammunition are NOT permitted on the range:
- Steel Core
- Steel or Aluminum Cases
- Armor Piercing
- Green-Tip or Tracers
- Black Powder
- Bird-Shot, Buck-Shot, or any other type of ammunition which includes a Shot type of projectile
- Any other type of ammunition which is not listed but deemed unsafe by a Range Safety Officer
Slugs ARE permitted to be used in Shotguns.
27. Triangle Shooting Academy reserves the right to deny the use of targets on the range that may be deemed offensive or unsafe.
28. Food, beverages, and tobacco are not allowed in the firing area. Smoking or vaping is strictly prohibited on Triangle Shooting Academy property.
29. No bump-stocks are permitted on the range. Any other modifications to a firearm that increase the rate of fire may or may not be permitted at the discretion of our Chief Range Safety Officer.
For everyone’s safety,
30. Firing a shot that results in damage to any range equipment may result in a repair fee and/or immediate removal from the range.
31. Triangle Shooting Academy reserves the right to refuse services and membership to any individual who, in our judgment, would endanger the safety of our staff or patrons. Any unsafe conduct may result in immediate dismissal from the range without refund.
32. Triangle Shooting Academy is under video and audio surveillance.
33. Triangle Shooting Academy staff have the final authority.
Waiver of Liability
I have read, agree and understand the Triangle Shooting Academy Range Rules and this liability waiver and I was given the opportunity to ask for clarification of any of the rules before signing this Agreement.
I understand I am entering a private shooting range at my own risk where I will encounter high levels of noise and the discharge of ammunition from firearms. I am entering this property at my own risk and I acknowledge the risks and dangers that exist in my use of any and all firearms and my participation in shooting activities. I acknowledge and understand that shooting activities are inherently hazardous and involve both known and unanticipated risks which could result in damage or destruction of property and physical or emotional injury, including paralysis or death, of myself or of other persons and I assume the risks that could result in physical and/or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third-parties. The risks include, but are not limited to, flying bullets, flying debris, noise, being shot by or shooting myself or others; partial or total loss of eyesight or hearing; inhalation or other harmful contact with lead or other contaminants; and being struck by flying or falling objects. I understand that such risks cannot be eliminated without compromising the essential qualities of shooting activities. I understand that Triangle Shooting Academy reserves the right to eject from the premises any individual who violates any of the rules of Triangle Shooting Academy or otherwise acts in any unsafe manner as determined by Triangle Shooting Academy. The undersigned agrees to peaceably leave the premises of Triangle Shooting Academy if so ejected, after paying for all services and any damage that I may have caused to Triangle Shooting Academy property.
In consideration of the acceptance of my participation, directly or as a spectator or observer, in any activity, class, competition, firing range rental, firearm rental, or other use of the facilities of Triangle Shooting Academy (hereinafter, collectively, "Activity"), THE UNDERSIGNED AGREES TO ASSUME THE RISKS incidental to such participation and, on my own behalf and on behalf of my heirs, executors and administrators, I RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, AND FOREVER DISCHARGE Triangle Shooting Academy, related, affiliated and subsidiary companies, and the officers, directors, employees, volunteers, agents, representatives, insurers, successors, heirs and assigns of each (hereinafter "TSA") of and from fault, liabilities, costs, expenses, claims, or demands for damages, causes of action, attachments of property, injury, death, or financial compensation of any nature arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in any such Activity.
I hold harmless from all for lawsuits arising out of, related to or connected with: the discharge of firearms; the course of instruction, the TSA's range, buildings, land and premises (hereinafter the "premises") and my presence on or use of said premises. And, should any such claim, demand or lawsuit arise or be asserted in any way whatsoever related thereto, whether arising under the laws of the United States, the State of North Carolina, or under any theory or law or equity, I will indemnify, hold harmless and defend TSA from any and all costs, expenses, or liability including, but not limited to, the cost of any settlement or judgement made or rendered against TSA, whether individually, jointly or in solido with the undersigned, together with all costs and other costs or expenses incurred in connection with any such claim, demand or lawsuit including attorney's fees.
I further acknowledge and understand that Triangle Shooting Academy makes no warranty as to the design, manufacture, maintenance, condition, or fitness for any particular purpose of any range facilities or equipment, including, but not limited to: firearms, ammunition, eye/hearing protection, and first-aid supplies. I agree to assume all responsibility and liability for any act or acts, even any negligent, reckless or criminal act or omission to act, of my guests at the range and for minors under my supervision. I also agree to supervise and be responsible for any minor in my care while on the property. I agree to be personally responsible for my safety and the safety of minors under my supervision and for the safety of my guests.
I further waive for myself and my executors, administrators, assignees or heirs, any and all rights and claims for damages, losses, demands and any other actions whatsoever, which I may have or which may arise against TSA, (including but not limited to any and all injuries, damages or illnesses suffered by me or my property), which may, in any way whatsoever, arise out of, be related to or be connected with the course of instruction; the premises, including any latent defence in the premises; my presence on or use of said premises; my property (whether or not entrusted to TSA); and, the discharge of firearms. TSA shall not be liable for, and I hereby expressly release TSA from any and all such claims on behalf of myself and my executors, administrators, assignees, or heirs.
I further acknowledge and understand that Triangle Shooting Academy has no duty to undertake first-aid or rescue operations or procedures in the event any such property damage or physical or emotional injury occurs. In entering into this Agreement, I hereby grant TSA a limited power of attorney and authorization to obtain, at my cost, any and all emergency medical treatment, which may be needed by myself as a result of participation in any Activity. For the purposes of this Agreement, emergency medical treatment means medical care or treatment necessitated by a sudden, unexpected situation demanding immediate medical attention. However, I release, indemnify, hold harmless, covenant not to sue, and forever discharge TSA of and from all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any nature arising out of or in any way connected with the exercise or the failure to exercise such limited power of attorney and authorization, whether negligent or otherwise.
I expressly agree that this Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law, and that if any provision of this Agreement is held illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be impaired thereby, and such invalid part, term or provision shall not be deemed part of this Agreement. I further agree that any ambiguities in this Agreement shall not be construed in favor or against any party by virtue of that party having drafted the Agreement. No remedy conferred by any of the specific provisions of this Agreement is intended to be exclusive of any other remedy, and each and every remedy shall be cumulative and shall be in addition to every other remedy now or hereafter existing at law or in equity or by statute or otherwise. The election of any one or more remedy hereunder shall not constitute any waiver of the right to pursue other available remedies.
I certify that I am eighteen (18) years of age or older and that I am entering into this Agreement on my own behalf. I expressly understand that the aforementioned Activity includes the discharge of firearms and the firing of live ammunition. I further certify that I have completely read the foregoing and I expressly agree.