Colorado Jeep Tours (CJT) is a dog-friendly tour company, and we want you, your furry family member, and all guests on tour to have a great time, and do so in a safe manner. If you wish to bring your dog on tour, the following policies and restrictions must be adhered to at all times.
GENERAL TOUR POLICIES
- Dog Fees: Dogs that can be carried and held during the tour ride free. Dogs larger than lap size (generally over 20lbs) will be required to travel on the floor of the vehicle, and the owner will pay the child’s rate for that tour. Dogs are NOT allowed to sit or stand on the seats or side rails at any time. As passenger space is limited, hard-sided crates and carriers are generally not permitted on tour, but may be accommodated upon arrival if there are empty seats and space available to safely bring them along. Dog owners on custom/private tours may have more options -- please inquire at the time of reservation. Any exceptions to this policy are solely at CJT management discretion.
- Clean Up: Guests are required to carry their own pet waste bags, and clean up their dog’s waste themselves at all times, including in our office, in the jeeps, on our property, and the locations we visit, including parks, BLM land, and private property.
- Socialization: All dogs on CJT tours are required to be socialized, friendly, and non-aggressive toward staff, other guests and dogs. If you arrive for your tour and your dog does not meet this standard (as determined by CJT management or the tour guide) your dog will not be allowed on tour. And, if this occurs, there will be NO REFUNDS of any tour payments for either the dog or the guest(s) if they choose to not take the tour.
- Health: In order to protect our guests, maintain jeep cleanliness, and insure the enjoyment of all, dogs are required to be in good health, free of pests, and be current on their shots. Any dog that displays signs of fleas, worms, ticks, diarrhea, or aliments that could affect other guests, the safety of the dog, or the quality of the tour will not be allowed onboard. By signing below, the dog’s owner certifies the dog is properly vaccinated and is physically sound to be on tour. Keep in mind we are going off-road, so it can be a bumpy ride, which may be difficult or uncomfortable for old or arthritic dogs.
- General: Dogs must be at least 6 months old, housebroken, physically restrained by an adult, wear a collar and leash (or be in a secure purse type carrier on the owner’s lap), both in and out of the jeeps, at all times. At no time are dogs allowed to run free on our property or any location we visit. Limit one dog per guest, unless a custom/private tour is booked where no other parties are onboard. For your pet’s well-being, we recommend you bring bottled water along, which can be purchased in our gift shop prior to the tour.
- Damage: Dog owners are 100% responsible for any damage caused by their pet. By signing this waiver you agree that the cost of any damage done by your dog is fully your responsibility. For example, this can include, but is not limited to, chewed seatbelts, nail punctures in seats, scratches to paint, etc. Damages caused by your pet will be charged to your credit card on file in our reservation system upon completion of the tour.
- Pet Injury: Safety is our #1 priority! Given our policy outlined in the “General” paragraph above, we believe our tours are safe for your dog. However, there are risks associated with bringing a pet in an open jeep in an off-road tour, which can include injury or death in the case of an accident. Therefore, the decision to bring your dog on tour is yours alone and, by signing this agreement, you are assuming all responsibility for your dog’s care, safety and well-being. CJT is not responsible for any injuries, vet expenses, or the death of the pet that may result from the dog being on tour.
- Injury to Others: By signing below, you agree to be fully responsible for any and all injuries or damages your dog may cause to others, which includes, but is not limited to, bites, tripping on leashes or carriers, nail scratches to people and/or their clothing, etc.
Release of Liability & Assumption of Risk
I do hereby agree to waive, relinquish, release and forever discharge Colorado Jeep Tours, the City of Canon City, Fremont County, and all CJT employees, business partners, and agents from any and all claims or causes of action, including negligence, damages, loss, liability, expenses, breach of contract, breach of statutory duty of care, or any death or injury, that may have or which may accrue hereafter to or by my dog(s), Colorado Jeep Tours guest(s), or myself, arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with Colorado Jeep Tours. I understand there are risks associated with taking my dog on this tour, and agree to hold Colorado Jeep Tours harmless for any claim(s) which may arise, including reasonable attorney’s fees associated with any claim(s). I also agree that I have read this agreement in its entirety, understand and will follow its terms, am age 18 or over, and the dog’s legal owner.
Date Signed: March 20, 2019