Floatation therapy provides a deep state of relaxation that stimulates blood flow through all of the body’s tissues, reduces stress hormone levels and releases natural endorphins. To ensure a comfortable, clean and safe floatation experience, I agree to the following (please initial below if you agree to the following statements):
I agree to the following:
- All float tanks are in wet areas and I will take extra precautions for my own safety. I assume any and all liability due to injury and/or damage resulting from any slip and fall incident.
- I am physically capable of getting in and out of the float tanks on my own. This requires enough upper body strength to pull myself up from a sitting position to a standing position. If unable, I agree that I will arrive with a certified aide to help me in and out of my session.
- If this is my first time floating, or if I require a refresher orientation, I will arrive 15 minutes prior to my appointment time. Otherwise, I will arrive 10 minutes prior to my scheduled float session.
- I will turn off all of my electronic devices before entering the float center corridor. I agree to be as respectfully quiet as possible while indoors at Salt Float Center.
- I agree to shower with soap and shampoo thoroughly before each of my float sessions to completely remove all dirt and oils from my body.
- I am aware that keratin hair treatments can be affected by any salt water, especially the highly saline water in a float tank.
- I agree that any cologne, perfume, make-up or creams will be fully removed from my body prior to entering the float tanks.
- I agree that, if I smoke, I will refrain from doing so for at least 45 minutes prior to entering the float center to avoid brining the odor of smoke into the tanks.
- If pregnant, I have consulted with, and secured written permission from my physician to use the floatation tank.
- I understand that, in order to keep other customers from waiting, my showering times should be limited to no more than 7 minutes each.
- I do not have any communicable or infectious disease, illness, or skin disorders.
- I do not suffer from uncontrolled seizures, epilepsy or incontinence.
- I do not have a condition nor am I on any medication which may have adverse effects due to immersion in the concentrated magnesium sulfate (Epsom salt) water solution.
- I understand that floating may lower blood pressure and I will take extra care standing up after my float. If I have a history of high (>= 180/120) or low (<=90/50) blood pressure, I have medical authorization to float.
- I understand that if I suffer from vertigo when lying down, the same could occur during a float session.
- If I have chronic heart or kidney disease, I have medical authorization to float.
- If I am diabetic with insulin dependency, I have medical authorization to float.
- I am not under the influence of any medication, drug or alcohol.
** If it is found that any of the preceding conditions were agreed to untruthfully and/or were not adhered to, Salt Float Center reserves the right to cancel an appointment without refund or to ask a guest to reschedule.
Hair Dye and Contamination of the Float Tank Solution
Hair dye has been shown to cause many incidents of float tank solution discoloration. The leeching of the dye out of the hair can permanently stain the float tank interior, stain our towels and can be almost impossible to remove from the solution without a full replacement of the water and salt. If you dye your hair, please make sure the dye is fully set (usually about 10 days).
Violation of any of the rules above resulting in contamination of the float tank solution (including but not limited to dyes, oils or any bodily fluids/excrement) will result in a cleaning, loss of business and/or salt replacement fee of $1500.
Salt Float Center - Cancellation and No Show Policy
Cancellations made more than 24 hours before the appointment time will result in a full refund being issued or stored float credit being replenished. Cancellations made less than 24 hours before the appointment time and no shows will result in the full charge with no refund or the usage of a stored float credit except for in extraordinary circumstances.
Salt Float Center - Minors Policy (Participants Under the Age of 18)
Participants between the ages of 14-17 must have a parent or guardian sign the waiver on their behalf. In addition, the parent or guardian must be on Salt Float Center premises for the duration of the minor's float session.
Participants under the age of 14 must have a parent or guardian sign the waiver on their behalf. In addition, the parent or guardian must remain in the float room (not in the float tank itself) for the duration of the minor's float session.
Dated: July 14, 2020