In exchange for the fees and paid and opportunity to participate in this guided tour with Home Grown Mountain Biking Tours (“Homegrown”), I agree to release liability of Homegrown under the following terms and conditions:
- The Fun Stuff. I understand that Homegrown shuttle drivers and guides will take me to and guide me down a variety of Arizona’s best mountain biking trails.
- The Terrain. I get it: mountain biking is really dangerous. I understand that the the Fun Stuff will involve riding on intermediate and advanced trails that are no joke. I understand that I will be hiking, riding, or carrying my bike (or a demo-bike) through challenging backcountry terrain on narrow singletrack trails with large rocks, rock-gardens, drop-offs, downed-trees, flash-flood zones, extremely steep pitches, cacti, wildly variable and severe adverse weather, altitude over 9,000 feet above sea level, difficult lighting, deep sand, water, ice, snow, free-range cattle, pack-mules, horses (with and without riders), bears, coyotes and all sorts of native venomous creatures like insects, spiders and snakes that, if given the chance, will bite or sting me. I recognize I will also be riding on dirt and pave roads, including riding up and down portions of Mountain Lemon Highway and other public roads where cars can hit, and kill, me if I am not paying attention and following the rules of traffic.
- The Shuttling. I know that I will be riding in a shuttle vehicle over improved and unimproved roads to and from trailheads. Shuttling involves packing into vehicles and loading and unloading bikes from said vehicles. I understand that I may be responsible for loading and unloading my bike, and for lending a hand when needed to help out with the loading and unloading process. I recognize and accept that my bike could get damaged or destroyed during the Shuttling (or any of The Fun Stuff, for that matter).
- The Homegrown People. I understand that Homegrown’s representatives, drivers and guides are not instructors, mechanics, medical care providers or rescuers. They are not responsible for teaching me skills, fixing my bike, rendering first aid or rescuing me.
- My Responsibilities.
a. Not Get Lost. I know that the Terrain often has limited signage and I must familiarize myself with the Terrain and the distances associated with the Fun Stuff prior to participating in the Fun Stuff, and pay attention to my Guide during the ride.
b. Be Prepared. I know this is the backcountry and I have the appropriate protective equipment, the right tools for trailside repairs, sufficient clothing for bad weather, and plenty of water and food.
c. Good Bike Condition. My bike is appropriate for the Terrain and my abilities, and it is good working order.
d. Ride Smart. I will always control my speed and obey trail signs, and yield to uphill riders, hikers and equestrians at all times.
e. Ride Clean. I will not be under the influence of beer, liquor or drugs, legal or illegal
f. Be Safe. I know that I could be seriously injured or even killed and that I am responsible for my own safety.
I was understand I was offered and have declined a Homegrown Guide, and therefore I am 100% responsible for my ride.
- My Release. I agree to release Homegrown and its, representatives, agents, employees, volunteers and affiliated companies for any liability, injuries, death, or others arise out of or relate to the Fun Stuff, the Terrain, the Shuttling or my failure to uphold My Responsibilities.
- I Will Indemnify! I will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Homegrown, its agents, employees, volunteers, affiliated companies and any landowners of the Terrain or facilities where the Fun Stuff takes place in the event I cause any of these individuals or entities to incur damages or become subject to liability.
- My Fame. I hereby agree and permit Homegrown to take and use any photograph or image derived there from of me or minor with or without my name for any editorial, promotional, advertising, trade, or other legal purpose. I agree and understand that I will not be compensated for this and that it is a regular part of my participation with Homegrown.
- A Dispute. If a Dispute ensues with Homegrown regarding any liability contemplated in this document, I agree to first attend a mediation in Pima County with a mutually agreed upon mediator before filing a lawsuit, which must be in Pima County.
I ACTUALLY READ THIS WHOLE DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTOOD IT.
DATED: January 18, 2020