CLIMBING IS DANGEROUS
I am aware and understand that participating in this activity/class involves a potential risk of minor to severe physical injury, paralysis, or death and understand that this activity/class may be physically and/or mentally demanding and potentially dangerous. Potential hazards include but are not limited to: travel to and from location, environmental conditions/changes, falls, rope burn, water related injury, hitting body part on fixed objects, resulting in soft tissue, musculoskeletal and/or psychological injury, hypothermia, dehydration or other traumatic event.
I agree and hereby state that I am solely responsible for my own participation and for my own physical and emotional well-being. I am aware and understand that all of the program activities are strictly voluntary and it is my own choice to participate in each activity to whatever degree I deem appropriate. I further state that, in choosing to participate, I am not under the influence of any chemical substance including alcohol.
I willing and knowingly assume for myself, my heirs, family members, executors administrators and assign all risk of physical injury and emotional upset which may occur during or after participating in any aspect of this activity/class and hereby agree to hold Northwest College, its employees, instructors, facilitators, and agents harmless for liability arising out of my participation in the program. This release is specifically intended to release Northwest College, its employees, instructors, facilitators, or agents from claims that their negligence caused the harm, injury or damages alleged to have occurred.
NWC Climbing Wall Rules:
1. Only certified climbers can use the climbing wall.
2. Climbing is only allowed to take place when there is a Climbing Wall Instructor present.
3. Use the correct rope for each route.
4. Belayer must always be attentive.
5. Always be tied in to the climbing rope when climbing.
6. No climbing above the last hand hold.
7. Check each other before climbing- Knot tied correctly, Harness tightened correctly, Belay Device set up correctly.
8. Always use climbing commands.
9. Participants must wear a shirt at all times and close-toed shoes.
10. Climbing shoes ARE NOT to be worn on the wood floors.
11. Personal Climbing Equipment MUST be checked by Climbing Wall Staff before use.
12. Participants MUST be at least 14 years old to belay.