In consideration of being permitted to Laser Bounce of Brooklyn INC and Laser Bounce of LI INC to participate in its activities and to use its equipment and facilities, I hereby agree to release, indemnify and discharge Laser Bounce of Brooklyn INC and Laser Bounce of LI INC, its agents, owners, shareholders, directors, partners, employees, volunteers, manufacturers, participants, lessors, affiliates, its subsidiaries, related and affiliated entities, successors and assigns (the “RELEASED PARTIES”), on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that my participation at Laser Bounce of Brooklyn INC and Laser Bounce of LI INC entails known and unknown risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: Inflatable bouncers, Laser Tag Game and Ballocity Arena Play use entails certain risks that simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity. Inflatable bouncers, Laser Tag Game and Ballocity Arena Play exposes its participants to the usual risk of cuts and bruises. Other more serious risks exist as well. Participants often fall off equipment, sprain or break wrists and ankles, and can suffer more serious injuries as well.
Furthermore, Laser Bounce of Brooklyn INC and Laser Bounce of LI INC employees have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant’s fitness or abilities. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might become loose, out of adjustment, or malfunction. There is also a risk that Laser Bounce of Brooklyn INC employees may be negligent in, among other things, monitoring and supervising use of its equipment and facilities and in the maintenance and repair of its equipment and facilities.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless RELEASED PARTIES from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of Laser Bounce of Brooklyn INC equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of RELEASED PARTIES.
4. Should Laser Bounce of Brooklyn INC and Laser Bounce of LI INC or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage that I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition that I may have.
6. In the event that I file a lawsuit against Laser Bounce of Brooklyn INC and Laser Bounce of LI INC, I agree to do so solely in the state of New York and I further agree that the substantive law of New York shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of the law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
7. I agree as an adult participant, or the Parent/Legal Guardian of a minor participant, in consideration of being permitted to participate at Laser Bounce of Brooklyn INC and Laser Bounce of LI INC, grant Laser Bounce of Brooklyn INC and Laser Bounce of LI INC, its parent subsidiaries, related and affiliated entities, officers, directors, partners, shareholders, employees, agents, successors and assigns, the irrevocable right and permission to photograph and/or record me or my child(ren)/ward(s) in connection with Laser Bounce of Brooklyn INC and Laser Bounce of LI INC to use the photograph and/or recording for all purposes, including advertising and promotional purposes, in any manner in any and all media now or hereafter known, in perpetuity throughout the world, without restriction as to alteration. I waive any right to inspect or approve the use of the Photograph and/or Recording, and acknowledge and agree that the rights granted to this release are without compensation of any kind. All Photographs and/or Recordings are exclusive Laser Bounce of Brooklyn INC and Laser Bounce of LI INC.
8. I agree that if the participant is a minor, this Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk agreement is made on behalf of that minor participant and that all of the releases, waivers and promises herein are binding on that minor participant. I represent that I have full authority as Parent or Legal Guardian to bind the minor participant to this agreement.
9. I agree that if the participant is a minor, I further agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Laser Bounce of Brooklyn INC and Laser Bounce of LI INCfrom any and all claims or suits for personal injury, property damage or otherwise which are brought by, or on behalf of the minor, and which are in any way connected with such use or participation by the minor, including injuries or damages caused by the negligence of RELEASED PARTIES, except injuries or damages caused by the sole negligence or willful misconduct of the party seeking indemnity.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my or the minor participant’s right to maintain a lawsuit against Laser Bounce of Brooklyn INC and Laser Bounce of LI INC or any RELEASED PARTIES on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
By checking here, you are consenting to the use of your electronic signature in lieu of an original signature on paper. You have the right to request that you sign a paper copy instead. By checking here, you are waiving that right. After consent, you may, upon written request to us, obtain a paper copy of an electronic record. No fee will be charged for such copy and no special hardware or software is required to view it. Your agreement to use an electronic signature with us for any documents will continue until such time as you notify us in writing that you no longer wish to use an electronic signature. There is no penalty for withdrawing your consent. You should always make sure that we have a current email address in order to contact you regarding any changes, if necessary.
I hereby waive all liability...
Date: August 10, 2020