I acknowledge on behalf of my business or organization that I am voluntarily applying to participate in Salinas Valley Food & Wine Festival activities, and any and all activities incidental thereto, in conjunction with the Salinas Valley Food & Wine Festival (collectively, the “Activities”).
1. I / WE AM / ARE AWARE THAT THE ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS, WHICH MAY LEAD TO SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH. I / WE AM / ARE VOLUNTARILY PARTICIPATING IN THE ACTIVITIES WITH THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE DANGER INVOLVED, AND HEREBY AGREE TO ACCEPT ALL RISKS OF INJURY OR DEATH.
a) As consideration for being permitted to participate in the Activities, I / we hereby voluntarily release, discharge, waive and relinquish all actions or causes of action for personal injury, property damage or wrongful death occurring to me / us as a result of engaging in the Activities, wherever or however the same may occur and for whatever period the Activities may continue, and I do for my / our / self / selves, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns hereby thereafter arise for me / our estate, and Agree that under no circumstances will my / our heirs, executors, administrators or I / we and assigns prosecute, present any claim for personal injury, property damage or wrongful death against Salinas Valley Food & Wine Festival, or the Ye Old Main Street Foundation, a California non-profit – tax deductible 501(c)3, or any of its officers, agents, servants, or employees (the “Released Parties”) for any said causes of action, whether the same shall arise by negligence or otherwise.
2. IT IS MY / OUR INTENTION, BY THIS INSTRUMENT, TO EXEMPT AND RELIEVE THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR WRONGFUL DEATH CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE.
a) The undersigned, for him / herself, his / her heirs, executors, administrators or assigns agrees that, in the event any claim for personal injury, property damage or wrongful death shall be prosecuted against the Released Parties arising out of, or in any way connected with, the undersigned’s participation in the activities, he / she shall indemnify and save harmless the Released Parties from any and all claims or causes of action by whomever or whatever made or presented for personal injuries, property damage or wrongful death.
3. I / WE AM / ARE AWARE THAT FOOD/WINE/BEER/SPIRITS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE SERVED OUTSIDE OF PERMITTED PREMISES. ALL FOOD/WINE/BEER/SPIRITS MUST BY PREPARED AND SERVED ONLY IN THE AREAS DESIGNATED BY THE MONTEREY COUNTY HEALTH DEPT. UNDER THE CURRENT HEALTH PERMIT.
4. I / WE AM / ARE AWARE THAT THERE WILL BE NO SECURITY OVERNIGHT. ANY ITEMS LEFT OUTSIDE OVERNIGHT ARE AT MY / OUR OWN RISK.
5. I / WE AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SALINAS VALLEY FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL, YE OLD MAIN STREET FOUNDATION, THE CITY OF SALINAS, AND THE PROPERTY OWNERS FROM ALL DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, COSTS, AND EXPENDITURES INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES.
6. I / WE UNDERSTAND AND WILL COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENT TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION.
ARTIST / ARTISAN SALES VENDORs: Resale Permit with Tax ID# or Business License
ARTIST / ARTISAN SALES VENDORs: Certificate of Liability Insurance, naming the Salinas Valley Food & Wine Festival, Ye Old Main Street Foundation as "Additionally Insured" in an amount not less than $1,000,000.00.
7. I / WE UNDERSTAND AND WILL COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENT TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING PAYMENT.
ARTIST / ARTISAN SALES VENDORs: $65.00 if paid by July 15th | $85.00 if paid after July 15th. Last registrations accepted August 1st.
Please make checks out to Salinas Valley Food and Wine Festival
--Mail: Ye Old Main Street Foundation Attn: SVFW |820 Park Row, #770 | Salinas, CA 93901
--Drop off: 21 West Alisal Street, Suite 111 c/o Maureen Wruck Planning
Cancellation Policy: A cancellation fee of $50.00 will be charged to participants for any cancellation after registration has been verified. There will be a $25.00 fee for all returned checks.
I / We have carefully read this agreement, am / are fully and completely aware of the potential dangers incidental to engaging in the Activities, and am / are fully aware of the legal consequences of signing this agreement. I / We am / are aware that this is a release from liability and sign it of my / our own free will.