Thank you for visiting Salt Lake City’s only haunted, haunted house.
All customers, staff and property entrants must have a completed waiver, and agree to all binding expectations, when redeeming their ticket, prior to entrance. Individuals not in compliance of these expectations jeopardize not just their own eviction, but their entire group.
Salt Lake Fear Factory (SLFF) Haunted House is a large, historic, old cement factory dating back to the late 1800’s, that has long since been abandoned ...until we re-opened its doors. While massive sized historic buildings and haunted attractions are fun, they can pose dangers to visitors. The owners, operators and management therefore require visitors to sign this release.
HOUSE RULES/EXPECTATIONS & WARNINGS:
By entering Fear Factory you agree to the following expectations within this waiver and understand that not complying with these expectations jeopardize not just your own eviction, but your entire group with no refund.
*Don’t touch actors-It’s considered assault. Ticket holders must keep a distance from actors/staff whenever possible.
*Don’t touch the set or props-you will be held liable for damages.
*Don’t proceed on our property or into the attraction if intoxicated.
*Don’t tease, verbally assault or swear at actors-we’ll consider it harassment.
*Don’t run-stay on designated customer paths.
*Don’t bring weapons.
*Continue moving forward at all times-No stopping or slowing down, to ensure safety at all times.
*No cameras, flash, video or live streaming while in the haunted house.
*No smoking or vaping.
You will experience intense audio, lighting, extremely low visibility, strobe lights, fog, damp or wet conditions, moving floors, special effects, sudden actions, intense sound and lighting fx, and an overall physically demanding environment including several flights of stairs. You should not enter if you suffer from asthma, heart conditions, prone to seizures seizures from strobe lights, physical ailments, broken bones, neck or back injuries, high blood pressure, respiratory or any type of medical condition, have recent or current fever or flu-like symptoms, or suffer from any form of medical disease including claustrophobia or fear of heights.
Enter at your own risk! Your ticket is a revocable license and may be taken and admission refused. Ticket holder understands that there is an inherent risk involved with attending Fear Factory. Ticket holder assumes all risk and danger as associated with the participation in Fear Factory. Acceptance of entrance into Fear Factory, ticket holder agrees to release the operator, its parent or other corporations, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and landlord from any liability, harm, injury or death, cost or expenses whatsoever that may arise directly or indirectly, from attending all attractions at this location. Always be cautious and safe, use handrails, don't carry children, and never run. Closed circuit television is in use-we are watching you.
SLFF reserves the right to shut down one or more attractions, or close the property, and/or postpone any events or shows due to inclement weather, or other unforeseen circumstance, or government request or requirement. Upon an interruption of provided services, the first 30-45 minutes will be dedicated to necessary safety evacuations and identification of the cause. Following this initial period, it may require over 90 minutes to determine appropriate corrective action to restore our production of the attraction. Should SLFF experience total failure of services for more than 2 hours, or customers are unable to use their ticket due to sickness or injury, we will offer customers another ticket redemption, based on availability, for the face value of their ticket receipt. This offer is good for the remainder of the current operating season, or is valid towards a ticket or merchandise value one year from the original purchase date. Customers must present their ticket receipt in order to take advantage of this offer. For any interruption of services causing our attraction’s closure, SLFF does not provide refunds, rain checks, or price adjustments.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, sickness, or expense, of any kind, that I may experience or incur in connection with my attendance at SLFF. On my behalf, I (or on the behalf of my children), hereby release covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the SLFF, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the SLFF, its employees, agents, and representatives.
You (and your entire group) will not be admitted, or will be removed, if any of the rules are not followed. There are no refunds for any reason. Fear Factory reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone.
Any injury sustained at Fear Factory must be reported to the Event Staff Safety team prior to leaving the property.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY
The Owners and Management (the “Management”) is the owner of the Salt Lake Fear Factory Haunted House site located at 666 West 800 South, in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA (the “Property”). Salt Lake Fear Factory, or SLFF, is proud to be a large contributor to the community, city of Salt Lake, local nonprofits, fundraisers, and of course, one of the top best haunted house attractions in the world. SLFF operates said haunted house attraction, rides and bus transportation, herein referred to as (“Event”). As mentioned throughout this waiver, the Event deploys drones, strobe lighting, fog machines, startling noises and props, and other special effects designed to startle and disorient visitors. You will encounter un-level ground, stairs, wet floors, gravel, dirt, mud, etc. All patrons must, with or without an accommodation, be able to proceed without obstructing the flow of traffic through the attraction. Patrons obstructing the flow of traffic or in any manner creating a hazard for other patrons, guests or cast members will be asked to step aside and or leave the attraction. In consideration for being permitted to enter the Property and to attend and participate in all aspects of the Event, and intending to be legally bound by this Release under the laws of the City of Salt Lake City, in addition to local Utah State and Federal Laws, I agree as follows:
1. Assumption of Risk. I voluntarily assume all risk of loss, damage, or injury (including death) that may result from: (A) the Property and related personal property; and (B) my attendance and participation in the Event, whether occurring before, during, or after entrance to the Event. I assume all risks associated with the Event whether I elect to be touched by the actors, or not.
2. Notice of Condition. I have been informed that: (A) the Property and all personal property used in or about the Property may be in an unsafe or hazardous condition; (B) the Management make no representation as to the condition of the Property and related personal property and assume no responsibility therefor; and (C) attendance at and participation in the Event may cause personal injury (including death, bodily harm, and property loss). Further, I understand that the Event may involve significant risks which include, but are not limited to, falling or slipping, impacting objects or being impacted by objects, equipment malfunction, equipment misuse by me, other participants or employees, natural, mechanical and environmental conditions and risks, any of which may independently, or in combination with the participant’s action, cause serious personal injury, death or property damage to the participant or others.
3. Release and Indemnification. For myself and for my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, I waive, release, and forever discharge the Management and its successors, assigns, officers, boards, employees, agents, commissions, and representatives (acting officially or otherwise) and SLFF and its successors, assigns, representatives, directors, officers, agents, contractors, employees, attorneys, sponsors, advertisers, and volunteers (each an “SLFF Indemnified Party”), from and against any losses, costs (including, but not limited to, counsel fees and litigation costs), claims, suits, actions, damages, liabilities, and expenses, of every kind and nature, whether known or unknown, in law or equity, (collectively “Claims”) arising out of or by reason of any activities relating to the Property and related personal property or my attendance at and participation in the Event including, without limitation, any illness or injury (including death), even if any such Claim is caused in whole or in part by a SLFF Indemnified Party. I further agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless a SLFF Indemnified Party from and against any Claims by third parties arising out of my presence on the Property or my attendance at and participation in the Event. I acknowledge that my information may be shared with law enforcement, if required. I understand that any injury must be reported to the event staff/security at the entrance on 800 South Street, prior to vacating the Property.
4. Representations. I represent that I am at least 18 years of age and legally competent to enter into this Release. See below for parent/guardian release. To the best of my knowledge, there is no health-related impediment to my presence on the Property or my attendance at and participation in the Event.
5. Photographs and any other Media. I authorize the Management and SLFF and their respective successors and assigns, to photograph, audiotape, videotape, or otherwise record me as an attendant at or participant in the Event and grant the right to SLFF and their respective successors and assigns, to use such photographs, audiotapes, drone footage, films, tapes, or other recordings, including reproductions thereof or likenesses based thereon, with or without my name or with a fictitious name, in any legal manner, in all means or media now known or later invented, and the right to copyright same. I waive all right of inspection and approval and release each SLFF Indemnified Party from all liability arising out of the exercise of these rights. I understand that I am being recorded on Closed Circuit Television Cameras (CCTV).
6. Admission Ticket. Any violation of above stated expectations, law or any other inappropriate behavior by me (or potentially a member of my group) while on the Property or during the Event may result in revocation of my ticket to enter the Property and attend the Event, and I (or my entire group) may be removed from the Property at any time. In such case, I am not entitled to a refund of the purchase price or any associated charges. I understand the terms of this Release and I have willingly signed it as my own free act and intend to be legally bound.
7. Privacy of Data. SLFF respects the privacy of our customers. By agreeing to this waiver, you are accepting the practices described below. This Privacy Statement does not create rights enforceable by third parties.
The information we obtain enables us to customize the services we offer you to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure and evaluate your overall experience at SLFF. The information may be stored in servers located in the United States and other countries around the world. We may collect and store information you enter on our waiver or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, birth data and telephone number, or other content you supply to us.
We do not share your personal information with others except in a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency, response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
I have carefully read and understand this release and waiver, and am fully aware that failure to comply with aforementioned content in this waiver, and posted signs throughout the property, can result in removal from the Property, and/or further actions.
© 2022 Salt Lake Fear Factory Haunted House