Salt Lake Fear Factory Haunted House is a large, historic, old cement factory dating back to the late 1800’s, that has long since been abandoned….until we re-opened its doors. While massive sized historic ruins and haunted attractions are fun, they can pose dangers to visitors. The owners, operators and management therefore require visitors to sign this release.
THANK YOU for your loyalty, dedication and support to keep this unique property in Salt Lake City alive, valued, and fun for generations to come. We greatly appreciate our many loyal fans. THANK YOU!
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY
The Owners and Management (the “Management”) is the owner of the Salt Lake Fear Factory Haunted House site located at 666 West 800 South, in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA (the “Property”). Salt Lake Fear Factory, (“SLFF”), is proud to be a large contributor to the community, city of Salt Lake, local nonprofits, fundraisers, and of course, one of the top best haunted house attractions in the world. SLFF’s operates said haunted house attraction, zip line, fear fall and bus transportation, herein referred to as (“Event”). The Event employs strobe lighting, fog machines, startling noises and props, and other special effects designed to startle and disorient visitors. You will encounter un-level ground, stairs, wet floors, gravel, dirt, mud, etc. All patrons must, with or without an accommodation, be able to proceed without obstructing the flow of traffic through the attraction. Patrons obstructing the flow of traffic or in any manner creating a hazard for other patrons, guests or cast members, will be asked to leave the attraction. In consideration for being permitted to enter the Property and to attend and participate in all aspects of the Event, and intending to be legally bound by this Release under the laws of the City of Salt Lake City, in addition to local Utah State and Federal Laws, I agree as follows:
1. Assumption of Risk. I voluntarily assume all risk of loss, damage, or injury (including death) that may result from: (A) the Property and related personal property; and (B) my attendance and participation in the Event, whether occurring before, during, or after entrance to the Event. I assume all risks associated with the Event whether I elect to be touched by the actors, or not.
2. Notice of Condition. I have been informed that: (A) the Property and all personal property used in or about the Property may be in an unsafe or hazardous condition; (B) the Management make no representation as to the condition of the Property and related personal property and assume no responsibility therefor; and (C) attendance at and participation in the Event may cause personal injury (including death, bodily harm, and property loss). Further, I understand that the Event may involve significant risks which include, but are not limited to, falling or slipping, impacting objects or being impacted by objects, equipment malfunction, equipment misuse by me, other participants or employees, natural, mechanical and environmental conditions and risks, any of which may independently, or in combination with the participant’s action, cause serious personal injury, death or property damage to the participant or others.
3. Release and Indemnification. For myself and for my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, I waive, release, and forever discharge the Management and its successors, assigns, officers, boards, employees, agents, commissions, and representatives (acting officially or otherwise) and SLFF and its successors, assigns, representatives, directors, officers, agents, management, contractors, employees, attorneys, sponsors, advertisers, and volunteers (each an “SLFF Indemnified Party”), from and against any losses, costs (including, but not limited to, counsel fees and litigation costs), claims, suits, actions, damages, liabilities, and expenses, of every kind and nature, whether known or unknown, in law or equity, (collectively “Claims”) arising out of or by reason of any activities relating to the Property and related personal property or my attendance at and participation in the Event including, without limitation, any illness or injury (including death), even if any such Claim is caused in whole or in part by a SLFF Indemnified Party. I further agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless a SLFF Indemnified Party from and against any Claims by third parties arising out of my presence on the Property or my attendance at and participation in the Event. I acknowledge that my information may be shared with law enforcement, if required. I understand that any injury must be reported to the event staff/security at the entrance on 800 South Street, prior to vacating the Property.
4. Representations. I represent that I am at least 18 years of age and legally competent to enter into this Release. See below for parent/guardian release. To the best of my knowledge, there is no health-related impediment to my presence on the Property or my attendance at and participation in the Event.
5. Photographs and any other Media. I authorize the Management and SLFF and their respective successors and assigns, to photograph, audiotape, videotape, or otherwise record me as an attendant at or participant in the Event and grant the right to SLFF and their respective successors and assigns, to use such photographs, audiotapes, films, tapes, or other recordings, including reproductions thereof or likenesses based thereon, with or without my name or with a fictitious name, in any legal manner, in all means or media now known or later invented, and the right to copyright same. I waive all right of inspection and approval and release each SLFF Indemnified Party from all liability arising out of the exercise of these rights. I understand that I am being recorded on Closed Circuit Television Cameras (CCTV).
6. Admission Ticket. Any violation of law or any other inappropriate behavior by me (or potentially a member of my group) while on the Property or during the Event may result in revocation of my ticket to enter the Property and attend the Event, and I (or my entire group) may be removed from the Property at any time. This includes touching actors, the set, props, damaging property, or acting/behaving in a concerning manner. In such case, I am not entitled to a refund of the purchase price or any associated charges. I understand the terms of this Release and I have willingly signed it as my own free act and intend to be legally bound.
7. Event rides, referred as Zip LIne, Fear Fall, or Fear Sphere requirements.
- MINIMUM WEIGHT TO PARTICIPATE: 45 lbs
- MAXIMUM WEIGHT TO PARTICIPATE: 245 lbs
- MAXIMUM HEIGHT TO PARTICIPATE: 6' 3"
Participants must (A) Be wearing closed toed shoes (B) Not have a history of neck, back, leg, arm, or spinal injury (C) Not have any pre-existing conditions that should be considered, including medications, illnesses, and diseases that may impede your physical and mental abilities or may increase the risk and or severity of injury (D) Not be pregnant. I verify that myself (or my child) meet the height and weight requirements listed above by my signature on this Release.
I have carefully read and understand this Release, and am fully aware that failure to comply with aforementioned content in this waiver, and posted signs throughout the property, can result in removal from the Property.