RELEASE OF LIABILITY
WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL WAIVE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT YOUR PHOTO WILL BE TAKEN AS PART OF COMPLETING THIS WAIVER
IN CONSIDERATION of allowing me to participate in the program, related events and activities of SECOND NATURE OUTDOORS INC:
I WARRANT TO YOU so as to:
- I am familiar with the risk of serious injury and death which any participant in this program must assume, and
- I believe that I am physically, emotionally and mentally able to participate in this program, and that my equipment is mechanically fit for my use in this program, and
- I understand that all applicable rules for participation must be followed and that at all times the sole responsibility for personal safety remains with me, and
- I will immediately remove myself from participation, and notify the nearest official, if at any time I sense or observe any unusual hazard or unsafe condition, or if I feel that I have experienced any deterioration in my physical, emotional or mental fitness for continues participation in the program.
I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE on behalf of myself, my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, that my participation in this program and execution of this document constitutes:
- an unqualified ASSUMPTION ALL OF THE RISKS associated with participation in this program by me even if arising from negligence, or gross negligence, including any compounding or aggravation of injuries caused by negligent rescue operations or procedures, of the program organizer and any persons associated therewith or participating therein, and
- a FULL AND FINAL RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY of the program organizer and all persons and organizations associated with it and the program including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing , its officers, directors, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsors, advertisers, owners and/or leasers of the premises used to conduct the program, sanctioning bodies, medical or rescue personnel (the RELEASEES), of and from with respect to all injury, disability, death or loss or damage to person or property whether arising from the negligence, or negligent rescue of or by the foregoing or otherwise, and
- an UNDERSTANDING NOT TO SUE the RELEASEES for any loss, injury, costs or damages of any form or type, howsoever caused or arising, and whether directly or indirectly from the participation in this program by me, and
- an AGREEMENT TO INDEMNIFY, and to SAVE and HOLD HARMLESS the RELEASEES, and each of them, from any litigation expense, legal fees, liability, damage, award or cost, of any form or type whatsoever, they may incur due to any claim made against them or any one of them whether the claim is based or the negligence or the gross negligence of the RELEASEES or otherwise.
- Any litigation involving the parties to this Agreement shall be brought within the Province of New Brunswick, and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of New Brunswick
I am voluntarily being transported in a Second Nature Outdoors Inc. Vehicle and I assume full responsibility for injury caused with being transported by a Second Nature Outdoors Inc. vehicle. I understand that if I am deemed unsafe to travel in a Second Nature Outdoors Inc. Vehicle I must find my own transportation home at my own cost. This includes trucks, busses, motorized watercraft.
I recognize the risks associated with lifting and moving equipment such as canoes, kayaks, Stand up Paddleboards. and the hazards water causes. I also recognize the hazards other customers and Second Nature Outdoors Inc. staff may cause at any time.
Second Nature Outdoors Inc. Rental Policies
- Anyone under the age of 19 must have the waiver signed by a parent or guardian. Patrons may be asked to present a piece of photo ID.
- All Patrons must have a valid credit card and OR driver’s license which may be left on file in case of loss or damage of SNO equipment.
- Reservations: Boats will be held for 10 minutes beyond the reservation for late arrivals. This also may result in less time on the water for you.
- Late charges: Patrons returning boats late will be charged double the full hourly rate until all equipment is received.
- Rentals are not permitted past 19:30 unless otherwise stated by SNO staff.
- Persons under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- Patrons are expected to follow all government of Canada coast guard regulations while in or on SNO watercraft.
- All patrons are required to wear a properly fitting PFD at all times while in an SNO watercraft, or on a dock.
- Patrons may not have Alcohol or any illegal or illicit substances in on or around SNO watercraft or facility.
- SNO reserves the right to restrict/ refuse service or close the facility in the event of unsafe weather conditions (winds above 20kmh, rough river conditions, threat of thunderstorms…etc.)
- SNO reserves the right to refuse service to any persons deemed unsafe to be on the water.
- SNO staff reserves the right to cancel scheduled lessons or tours in the case of unsafe, poor weather conditions, every effort will be made to reschedule canceled programs.
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT THOROUGHLY. I UNDERSTAND THAT THE RELEASEES ARE RELYING UPON MY WARRANTIES, ASSUMPTIONS, WAIVER AND RELEASE, UNDERTAKINGS AND AGREEMENTS WHEN ACCEPTING MY PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROGRAMME. I UNDERSTAND THAT BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT I GIVE UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS I WOULD OTHERWISE HAVE. I SIGN THIS DOCUMENT VOLUNTARILY AND WITHOUT INDUCEMENT.