Activity: obstacle course that includes zip lines traveling at height, through and above trees
Date of Activity: June 4, 2020
The TTQ Philly adventure course is a high risk and potentially dangerous activity that can result in serious injury or death. Participation in all aspects of the activity is voluntary. The ultimate responsibility for participant safety lies with the participant. Not wearing a helmet may have certain risks which you are aware of and acknowledging.
Activity Participation Acknowledgment.
I desire to participate in the activity described above (the “Activity”), including, without limitation, to participate in an activity for which TTQ Philly is furnishing equipment and services and which requires physical exercise, including without limitation, a harness and belay system, and to otherwise enter an area where the Activity takes place, or to observe or otherwise participate in or in any other way be involved for any purpose with the Activity. In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activity, I hereby agree to all the terms of this Release of Liability and Waiver of Rights (this “Release and Waiver”), including all the covenants and agreements listed on the reverse side of this form.
This Release and Waiver shall be binding upon and enforceable against me, my personal representatives, spouse, assigns, heirs, and next of kin without limitation. It is my desire and intent that the words, terms, provisions, covenants, and remedies contained in this Release and Waiver shall be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by Applicable Law. If any portion of this Release and Waiver is held invalid, the remainder shall not be affected and shall continue in full legal force and effect. That shall include modifying the Release and Waiver to allow any remaining claims to be waived, released, and indemnified against in the event that the inclusion of any particular provision is found to be invalid or contrary to public policy. The terms of this Release and Waiver shall continue from this date forever. This document constitutes the entire agreement between TTQ Philly and me and supersedes any previous or contemporaneous discussions or agreements between us in respect of these matters.
I specifically acknowledge and agree that this document is not intended to be a general release subject to limitations and conditions that would otherwise apply under applicable state laws, ordinances, statutes, rules, and regulations (collectively, “Applicable Law”), and additionally agree to WAIVE ANY AND ALL GENERAL RELEASE LIMITATIONS PROVIDED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR ANY RIGHTS GRANTED TO ME UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. This Release and Waiver shall be construed and interpreted as broadly as possible under the Applicable Law of the jurisdiction in which the Activity takes place.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER (INCLUDING THE COVENANTS AND AGREEMENTS ON THE REVERSE SIDE), FULLY UNDERSTAND ALL THE TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I AM VOLUNTARILY GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING BELOW, AND HAVE SIGNED THIS RELEASE (INCLUDING THE COVENANTS AND AGREEMENTS ON THE REVERSE SIDE) FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY AND WITHOUT INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE OF ANY NATURE BEING MADE TO ME.
I HEREBY WARRANT THE TRUTH OF THE ABOVE STATEMENTS AND I DECLARE THAT I HAVE NOT WITHHELD ANY INFORMATION THAT WOULD INFLUENCE THE DECISION OF TTQ PHILLY IN ALLOWING ME TO PARTICIPATE IN THE ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY MENTAL, PHYSICAL OR MEDICAL CONDITIONS WHICH MAY AFFECT MY ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE ACTIVITY.
I hereby irrevocably and unconditionally agree for myself, my personal representatives, my heirs, next-of-kin, insurers, successors, and assigns, as follows:
1. ASSUMPTION OF RISK. My choice to participate in the Activity (named on the front side of this document) is knowing, voluntary, and made for my personal enjoyment. I understand that participation in the Activity involves inherent risks and dangers of accidents, rescue operations, emergency treatment, property loss or damage, serious personal and bodily injury, death, and severe personal and economic losses. These may result not only from my own actions, inactions, or negligence, but also from the actions, inactions, or negligence of others, or the condition of the facilities, equipment, or vehicles. Further, there may be other risks not known to me or reasonably foreseeable at this time. I understand and I have considered the risks involved, and I voluntarily and freely choose to assume these risks.
2. RELEASE FROM LIABILITY. I fully and forever release and discharge TTQ Philly and its respective affiliates, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents, and insurers, and all others involved in the Activity (collectively referred to in this Release and Waiver as “TTQ Philly”) from any and all injuries (including death), losses, damages, claims (including negligence claims), demands, lawsuits, expenses, and any other liability of any kind, of or to me, my property, or any other person, directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with my participation in the Activity, even if it is due to the negligence, injudicious act, omission, or other fault of TTQ Philly.
3. INDEMNITY. I will defend, indemnify, hold harmless and reimburse TTQ Philly from and for all damages, losses, costs, or expenses (including legal fees) incurred by TTQ Philly or paid by them to any person (including me or my insurers) in respect of any accident, injury (including death), loss, or property damage, however caused resulting from, arising out of, or otherwise in connection with my participation in the Activity. I will reimburse TTQ Philly if anyone makes a claim against TTQ Philly in connection with my participation in the Activity, including, without limitation, any accident I may be involved in or any injury, loss, damage to me, other parties or property however caused.
4. COVENANT NOT TO SUE. I will not initiate any claim, lawsuit, court action, or other legal proceeding or demand against TTQ Philly, nor join or assist in the prosecution of any claim for money or other damages which anyone may have, on account of injuries (including death), losses, or damages sustained by me, other parties, or my (or others’) property in connection with my participation in the Activity, and I waive any right I may have to do so. This means that I cannot sue to hold TTQ Philly responsible for any injury, loss, or damage sustained by me, other parties, or my (or others’) property in connection with the Activity, even if it is due to the negligence, injudicious act, omission, or other fault of TTQ Philly. I waive my insurers’ right to make a claim against TTQ Philly based on payments by insurers to me or on my behalf for any reason. This means my insurers have no rights of subrogation against TTQ Philly.
5. MEDICAL EXPENSES. I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed necessary in the event of any illness, accident or injury, or medical emergency resulting from or in connection with my participation in the Activity and understand that I am solely responsible for all costs related to such medical treatment, medical transportation and/or evacuation.
6. REPRESENTATIONS. I am over 18 years of age. I am in good health, in proper physical condition, and I do not have any medical or other conditions that would impair my ability to participate in the Activity. If at any time I believe conditions to be unsafe or that I am no longer in proper physical condition to participate in the Activity, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity.
7. COVENANTS. I will follow any and all instructions, recommendations, and cautions of TTQ Philly at all times during the Activity, including, without limitation, in respect of my operation of any obstacles or zip lines at the Activity or other participation in the Activity. I will comply with all Applicable Laws while participating in the Activity. I will operate and behave in a safe manner and will observe all instructions, recommendations or orders from TTQ Philly and any its personnel. I will not participate in the Activity while under the influence of any alcohol or illegal drug, or any intoxicant, narcotic, prescription medicine, or other drug which would impair my ability to operate or ride in a vehicle.
BY SIGNING, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD ALL OF THE TERMS OF THE COVENANTS AND AGREEMENTS AND THAT I AM VOLUNTARILY GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE TTQ PHILLY.