Date: August 18, 2018
In consideration of being permitted to enter the premises, use the facilities, obstacles, related equipment and/or observe or participate in any way in Iron Capital, LLC (“Obstacle Warrior Kids - Garland”) programs, events, or activities whether on or off the premises (“Activity”), I, for myself, my heirs, estates, executors, representatives, administrators, and assignees:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, agree and represent that I understand the nature of the Activity and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate such Activity and do not know of any condition or reason I should not participate in the Activity. I further agree and warrant that if, at any time, I believe the conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity.
2. AGREE that my safety is primarily my own responsibility. I agree to make sure that I know how to safely participate in the Activity and I agree to observe any rules and practices that may be employed to minimize the risk of injury. I agree to stop and seek assistance if I do not believe I can safely continue, to limit my participation to reflect my personal fitness level and to refrain from any and all actions that would pose a hazard to myself or others.
3. FULLY UNDERSTAND that: (a) THIS ACTIVITY INVOLVES RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING THE POTENTIAL FOR PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS AND DEATH (“Risks”) and while particular rules, equipment and personal discipline may reduce these Risks, these Risks of serious injury do exist; (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the conditions in which the Activity takes place and/or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES; (c) there may be OTHER RISKS and/or SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time.
4. RECOGNIZE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IRON CAPITAL, LLC DOES NOT CARRY ANY TYPE OF ACCIDENT OR HEALTH INSURANCE POLICY ON THE PARTICIPANTS IN THE ACTIVITY and that injuries can be catastrophic for those without proper medical coverage.
5. KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES or others, AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation in the Activity.
6. HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE IRON CAPITAL, LLC, it’s affiliates, owners, directors, agents, officers, managers, partners, members, volunteers, employees, other participants and it’s attorneys (“Releases”) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSED, OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY TEXAS LAW, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS; AND I FURTHER AGREE that if, despite this WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the releases, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES from any litigation expense, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which my be incurred as the result of such claim.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM AGE 18 OR OLDER, HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE, AND I INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID, THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.