July 20, 2019
In consideration of Viking Ship Kayak Rentals L.L.C. furnishing rental equipment to enable me to participate in Viking Ship Kayak Rentals activities I agree as follows:
THERE ARE RISKS
I fully understand and acknowledge that outdoor recreational activities have:
1. Inherent risks, dangers, and hazards and such exist in my use of Viking Ship Kayak Rentals equipment and my participation in Viking Ship Kayak Rentals activities.
2. My participation in such activities and/or use of such equipment may result in injury or illness including, but not limited to bodily injury, head injury, disease, strains, fractures, exposure to natural elements, sunburn, dehydration, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, insects, plants, partial and/or total paralysis, death or other ailments that could cause serious disability. Accidental drowning is also a possibility.
3. These risks and dangers may be caused by negligence of the owners of Viking Ship Kayak Rentals and Travis County Parks, the negligence of the participants, the negligence of others, accidents, forces of nature, and other causes.
4. Risks and dangers may arise from foreseeable or unforeseeable causes including, but not limited to, guide decision making, misjudging terrain, weather, river/lake route location and water level, risk of falling out of or drowning while kayaking/SUP boarding, and misuse of the equipment.
5. I will agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such attention to Viking Ship Kayak Rentals immediately.
6. I hereby assume all risks and dangers and all responsibility for any losses and damages, whether cause in whole or in part by the negligence or other conduct of the owners of Viking Ship Kayak Rentals, or by any other person.
VIKING SHIP KAYAK RENTALS IS RELEASED FROM LIABILITY
I have read this release of liability and assumption of risks. I fully understand its terms and understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it. I am signing freely and voluntarily without and inducement.
I also agree to wear my provided life jacket at all times while I am in the watercraft provided by Viking Ship Kayak Rentals.
In the event you have lost or do not return all rented property of Viking Ship Kayak Rentals L.L..C. you will be held responsible and your credit card will be billed full retail price. This included kayak, SUP boards, kayak paddle, SUP paddle, and life jacket.
FOR PARENTS/LEGAL GUARDIAN’S OF PARTICIPANT OF MINORITY AGE (Under the age of 18)
This is to certify that I, as parent/legal guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, DO consent and agree to his/her release. I have read and fully understood its terms and acknowledge the risks. My child is in good health, physically able to participate, and will wear the life jacket provided. I am signing it freely and voluntarily without any inducement.
THIS SIGNED LIABILITY WAIVER IS VALID FROM DATE SIGNED THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2019