Read this document thoroughly before you sign.
Please bring this document to the first session and give it to the Program Instructor.
It must be signed and dated in order for you to participate.
In consideration of participation in The Climbing Wall (The Program) offered at Vivo for Healthier Generations, I agree and acknowledge that:
- I have (my child has) met all of the prerequisites required for participation in The Program.
- I (my child) will abide by the rules and regulations imposed on participants in The Program
- I freely and voluntarily acknowledge and assume any and all risks and hazards inherent in The Program (including personal injury or property loss), and accordingly, my participation in The Program is entirely at my own risk.
- I waive any claim I (my child) may have against Vivo arising from my (my child's) participation in The Program, and I will indemnify and save harmless Vivo, its employees and agents, Board of Directors and Volunteers, The City of Calgary, Petzl S.A.S, and Petzl America, Inc. for any claim, including any claim for medical services arising from my (my child's) participation in The Program, except for the negligence on the part of Vivo, its employees and agents.
- I agree that by signing this Risk Acknowledgement, Release, Waiver of Claim and Assumption of Risk as a parent or guardian of a participant who is under the age of 18 years, I acknowledge that there are risks and hazards inherent in The Program to which I am willing to expose my child and I will pay for any costs incurred by Vivo, its employees or agents should a suit be launched on my child's behalf, except in the case of negligence on the part of Vivo, its employees or agents.
- Vivo may secure such medical advice and services as it, in its sole discretion, may deem necessary for my (my child's) health and safety and I shall be financially responsible for such advice and services. I understand that Vivo does not provide accidental death, disability, dismemberment or medical expense insurance on behalf of the participants in The Program and therefore agree to assume responsibility for such insurance coverage
- I have CAREFULLY READ the Participant Risk Acknowledgement, Release, Waiver of Claim and Assumption of Risk and fully understand it and am freely signing it.
Dated at Calgary, Alberta
Today's Date: March 20, 2019
This personal information is being collected under the authority of
The Freedom of Information and Protection Act, Section 33C
and is used solely for the purpose of
Vivo for Healthier Generations Safety Awareness.
Bouldering & Climbing Wall Rules
- All climbers please check-in with climbing wall staff before entering wall area at all times
- Anyone not following safe and proper climbing behaviour will be asked to leave the climbing area
- Children under 14 years must be supervised by a climber 14 years and older
- Climbers 17 years and younger require parent/guardian authorization on the waiver
- To respect other climbers, please keep voices at a reasonable volume
- Do not walk underneath climbers or bump into users who are belaying
- Climbing shoes or non-marking running shoes are mandatory
- Bouldering on the main wall is only permitted to the height of boulder wall
- Do not climb above or below any other climbers
- Climb on designated rope route and do not climb sideways across the wall
- Do not use bolts and bolt hangers as holds
- First-time climbers must complete wall orientation, waiver, and belay test before being able to top rope
- If a person does not complete the belay test, they will be asked to register in one of our free drop-in classes or an introductory course
- Children under 14 must be accompanied and spotted by a parent while bouldering (one to one ratio)
- Please keep food and drink off mat area
- Always safety check your partner before climbing
- All climbers must complete an Auto Belay orientation before using it
Today's Date: March 20, 2019