Whole Body Cryotherapy Contraindications:
Do not use Whole Body Cryotherapy if you have any of the following conditions:
- Prior heart attack
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Unstable chest pain
- Disease of blood vessels
- History of blood clots
- DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis)
- PVD (Peripheral Vascular Disease)
- Uncontrolled seizure disorder
- Cancer and currently undergoing Chemotherapy
- Cold allergy
- Open sores
- Nerve pain in feet or legs
- Raynaud’s disease
- Conditions or disease with increased sensitivity to cold
I confirm that I do not have any of the contraindications listed above and can participate in whole-body cryotherapy
Whole Body Cryotherapy Participation Agreement:
- Follow all instructions given to you by the cryotherapy operator. Do not use whole body cryotherapy without a trained operator present.
- Participation in a whole body cryotherapy session involves exposure to extreme cold temperature for a short period of time (not to exceed three (3) minutes per session). All clothing and skin must be dry. You must avoid inhaling the nitrogen gas that is emitted into the chamber. By signing this Agreement, you confirm that you are in good health and do not have any of the contraindications identified above or other physical conditions that would preclude you from safely using whole-body cryotherapy.
- If you experience any pain or mental or physical discomfort at any time during the whole body cryotherapy process, you may terminate the session immediately. The cryosauna will not be locked, and you are free to walk out of the cryosauna at any time. You agree that you have familiarized yourself with this exit process and are prepared to do so if or when you feel it is necessary.
- No representations or claims are made as to the medical benefits of whole-body cryotherapy, including without limitation claims that whole body cryotherapy reduces muscle soreness, or promotes mechanisms of action such as increased blood circulation, capillary action, or rapid cooling of the skin, tissues or muscles. Whole body cryotherapy is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent diseases, illnesses, imbalances or disorders. No results from whole body cryotherapy are assured. Every customer is different and responds differently to the therapy.
Waiver and Release:
- This is a release of liability and a waiver of certain legal rights.
- By signing this Agreement, you:
a. acknowledge that use of whole-body cryotherapy involves risk of bodily injury, illness, disability or death. You acknowledge that you are voluntarily participating in whole-body cryotherapy with knowledge of the dangers involved and accept and assume all risks of injury, illness, disability or death. You acknowledge that frostbite is a specific risk that you assume.
b. expressly waive and release any and all claims against Company, Event Cryo, Inc., d/b/a Personal Best Recovery and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors and assignees (which are collectively referred to as “the Released Parties”), arising out of or attributable to your use of whole-body cryotherapy. You agree not to assert any such claims against the Released Parties and forever release and discharge the Released Parties from liability for such claims.
c. agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any loss, liability, damage, cost or expense arising out of or connected in any manner with your use of whole-body cryotherapy.
d. agree that this waiver and release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted under law. You specifically acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is not intended to be a general release subject to limitations and conditions that would otherwise apply under applicable state law and additionally agree to waive all general release limitations provided by applicable law.
- This Whole Body Cryotherapy Agreement shall be construed and interpreted as broadly as possible under the applicable law of the jurisdiction in which you use whole body cryotherapy, with the words, terms, provisions, covenants, and remedies contained in this Agreement to be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
- If any portion of this Whole Body Cryotherapy Agreement is held invalid, the remainder shall not be affected and shall continue in full legal force and effect.
- The terms of this Whole Body Cryotherapy Agreement shall continue from this date forever and shall apply to each use by you of whole body cryotherapy without the need for you to re-execute this Agreement.
- This section constitutes the entire Whole Body Cryotherapy Agreement regarding your use of whole body cryotherapy and any product, services or equipment connected with the Released Parties and supersedes all prior discussions, agreements, and representations about the use, benefits or risks of whole body cryotherapy.
You may have other conditions that make whole body cryotherapy inappropriate. Consult with your doctor or medical advisor if you have questions as to whether whole-body cryotherapy is right for you.
BY SIGNING BELOW YOU CONFIRM TO EVENT CRYO, INC. D/B/A. PERSONAL BEST RECOVERY (THE “COMPANY”) FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE RELEASED PARTIES THAT YOU HAVE CAREFULLY READ ALL PAGES OF THIS AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS, VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO EACH OF ITS TERMS AND PROVISIONS AND SIGN OF YOUR OWN FREE WILL.
Date Signed: August 26, 2019