ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND ASSUMPTION OF INHERENT RISKS AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY FOR MOUNTAIN BIKING AND EQUIPMENT RENTAL
The participant understands and agrees to the following conditions allowing him access to MSS Bike Park mountain bike trails.
The participant acknowledges that mountain biking involves inherent risks that he is aware of. He accepts the risks and assumes full responsibility for any property damage or any other loss sustained by him as a result of the risks and dangers related to mountain biking.
The following describes some, but not all the inherent risks associated with mountain biking at MSS Bike Park :
- Changing weather conditions;
- Variations or steepness in terrain;
- The presence of natural objects and mountain conditions. All natural conditions of the mountain such as ditches, holes, crevasses and streams, the presence of rocks, gravel, debris, trees, roots, tree stumps as well as any other natural object;
- The presence of water and wet surfaces;
- Variations or changes in the riding surface;
- Collision with other riders or any other person;
- The presence of man-made structures as well as collision with these structures used to operate the bike park;
- The use of chairlifts and/or trails;
- The presence of heavy maintenance equipment and emergency vehicles on the trails.
The participant acknowledges to be the only and best person to determine his physical condition to take part in this activity. He expressly agrees, accepts and assumes all of the risks existing in this activity. His participation is purely voluntary, and he elects to take part in this activity with full knowledge and understanding of these risks.
The participant acknowledges that helmets are mandatory when riding;
The participant confirms he has been informed about the safety measures and inherent risks of accidents or bodily injury which are in any way connected with his participation in this activity;
The participant certifies he has no medical or physical conditions which could interfere with his or others’ safety in this activity and that his participation in this activity is purely voluntary.
MOUNTAIN BIKE RESPONSABILITY CODE
- Always ride in control.
- Make sure your helmet is in good working order and well adjusted.
- Back and front brakes are mandatory to ride the bike park trails.
- Safety on MSS Bike Park trails is highly related to your equipment’s proper functioning order. Before starting downhill, make sure to inspect your equipment.
- Keep off all closed trails and features. Obey all signs and warnings.
- Stay on marked trails only.
- Ride trails one-way/downhill-only traffic and stop only in designated areas.
- Be courteous to riders ahead of you and do not try to pass them.
- If you are involved in or witness a collision or an accident, please notify a staff member or the bike patrol.
- Do not feed, provoke or approach wildlife.
- Access to bike park trails is forbidden if your ability is impaired through the use of drugs or alcohol.
- Access to bike park trails is forbidden to those who don’t have the sufficient strength, dexterity or abilities to ride safely. If in doubt, ask a staff member.
- Failure to obey the Mountain Bike Responsability Code can result in serious injury or death.
The participant hereby acknowledges and agrees to obey at all times the Mountain Bike Responsibility Code and all other rules, signs and warnings in force at the MSS Bike Park.
I hereby voluntarily release and discharge MSS Bike Park and Les Sommets de La Vallée inc. and its subsidiaries from all claims associated with the mountain bike activity, the use of chairlifts and/or any rental equipment and/or accessory.
The participant hereby grants permission to MSS Bike Park to make and use for promotion or other purposes, photographic records without recourse or compensation to me.
The participant acknowledges and agrees that any litigation involving the parties to this agreement shall be brought solely within the province of Québec and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of that province.
The participant acknowledges that he requested that this acknowledgement be provided to him in English.
May 21, 2022