1. As a material inducement to The Firing Pin's permitting User to use The Firing Pin's, facilities and/or equipment, User hereby acknowledges, agrees, and represents the following to be true and correct as of every time that User uses The Firing Pin's facilities and/or equipment:
a. User is at least 18 years of age.
b. If User is accompanied by one or more minors (each an"Accompanying Minor"), User is the parent or legal guardian of such Accompanying Minor and warrants that the statements contained herein are true and correct with respect to such Accompanying Minor. User understands and agrees that User will be solely responsible for the safety and responsibility of such Accompanying Minor.
c. User is mentally and physically capable of and qualified to safely use firearms, ammunition, and the equipment that User will be using at The Firing Pin's facility.
d. User is not, and has not prior to shooting, been under the influence of any drugs or alcohol.
e. User is not prohibited under any federal or state law or regulation from possessing a firearm.
f. User (a) has never been convicted of commiting or attempting to commit a crime of violence, a misdemeanor offence of domestic violence, a violent offense as listed in Section 12-25-32(15) of the Code of Alabama; or (b) subject to a vaild protection order for domestic abuse.
g. User is capable of reading English and has read and become thoroughly familiar with, and at all times will comply with, The Firing Pin's range rules and safety procedures, which rules are incorporated herein by this reference and are posted in the facility and on The Firing Pin's website. User agrees to strictly and promptly comply with all instructions received from The Firing Pin's range officers and staff when on The Firing Pin's premises.
User further acknowledges and agrees that The Firing Pin can expel or exclude User from its premises for violating such standards, rules, and directions, or for any other reason in The Firing Pin's sole discretion.
h. User is aware that lead in ammunition is a hazardous substance that can cause serious illness, injury, or death if it is inhaled, ingested, or absorbed by User's body and agrees to carefully wash his/her hands after handling ammunition, discharging a firearm, or otherwise using The Firing Pin shooting range, especially prior to drinking or consuming any food.
i. User is aware of the inherently dangerous nature of firearms and ammunition and fully understands they can cause serious injury, disability, or death, and that these risks may be caused by User's own negligence or by the negligence or fault of others.
j. User has read and understands all facility Range Rules.
k. User has viewed and understands all aspects of the Range Safety Briefing video.
2. User knowingly and voluntarily assumes all risks, known or unknown, anticipated or unanticipated, whether caused by the negligent acts or omissions of User, The Firing Pin Parties, or third parties.
3. User understands the proper and safe operation of the firearm that User will be using.
4. USER, ON BEHALF OF USER, ANY ACCOMPANYING MINOR, AND USER'S AND ANY ACCOMPANYING MINOR'S HEIRS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, ADMINISTRATORS,EXECUTORS, NEXT-OF-KIN, AND ASSIGNS, FOREVER:
a. WAIVES AND RELEASES THE FIRING PIN,LLC PARTIES FROM ANY LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR CAUSED IN ANY WAY BY THE USE (BY USER, ANY ACCOMPANYING MINORS, OR ANY THIRD PARTY)OF THE FIRING PIN,LLC'S FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT, WHETHER CAUSED BY A THE FIRING PIN,LLC PARTYS NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
b.COVENANTS NOT TO SUE ANY OF THE FIRING PIN PARTIES WITH RESPECT TO OR FOR ANY CLAIM, DEMAND, CHARGE, SUIT, JUDGMENT, PENALTY, COST, OR EXPENSES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS FEES) ARISING OUT OF OR CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, BY USER'S OR ANY ACCOMPANYING MINOR USE OF THE FIRING PIN'S FACILITIES AND/OR EQUIPMENT.
5. USER AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, PROTECT, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE FIRING PIN PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL DEMANDS, DAMAGES, AND LOSSES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LITIGATION EXPENSES, ATTORNEYS FEES, OR OTHER COSTS, RESULTING FROM ANY ACTIONS, JUDGMENTS, SUITS, CHARGES OR CLAIMS ASSERTED AGAINST, SUFFERED OF, OR INCURRED BY THE FIRING PIN PARTIES, WHETHER THEY ARE BASED ON ANY THE FIRING PIN PARTYS' NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE, WHICH ARISE IN ANY MANNER AS A RESULT OF USER'S OR ANY ACCOMPANYING MINOR'S USE OF THE FIRING PIN'S FACILITIES AND/OR EQUIPMENT.
6. This agreement, including the release, waiver, and indemnification provisions contained herein, shall be construed broadly to provide a release, indemnification, and waiver to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law.
7. The foregoing indemnity shall not terminate upon completion of User's use of the facilities or equipment of The Firing Pin, and shall survive for all future uses of The Firing Pin premises and/ or equipment by User and all applicable periods of limitation of actions, plus the duration of all claims, litigation, and appeals arising any way from User's use of the premises and / or equipment of The Firing Pin.
8. User agrees to be held financially responsible for all claims or demands by The Firing Pin or any third party for any personal injury or property damage arising out of or caused by User's or any Accompanying Minor's actions while using The Firing Pin facilities and/or equipment.
9. User acknowledges that this agreement may be signed and/or stored digitally and agrees that a printed copy of the digitally-stored document shall be considered as authentic and admissible in any litigation or other proceeding as if it were an original signed document.
10. User gives The Firing Pin the right to use User's image in all forms and media including composite of modified representations for all purposes, incluiding internal purposes, advertising, trade or any commercial purpose. User releases The Firing Pin Parties from any claims that may arise regarding the use of the User's image.
Electronic Signature Consent*
By checking here, you are consenting to the use of your electronic signature in lieu of an original signature on paper. You have the right to request that you sign a paper copy instead. By checking here, you are waiving that right. After consent, you may, upon written request to us, obtain a paper copy of an electronic record. No fee will be charged for such copy and no special hardware or software is required to view it. Your agreement to use an electronic signature with us for any documents will continue until such time as you notify us in writing that you no longer wish to use an electronic signature. There is no penalty for withdrawing your consent. You should always make sure that we have a current email address in order to contact you regarding any changes, if necessary.