RENTAL AGREEMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Renter agrees by Renter’s digital signature that Renter has read, is aware of, accepts full responsibility for and is bound by the terms and conditions contained in this Rental Agreement hereof for the Rental Period whether or not subsequent Agreements are executed by Renter or if Owner assigns a new Agreement number during the Rental Period for the purpose of invoicing Renter. Renter agrees that electronic signatures have the same force and effect as manual signatures.
1. Definitions: For the purposes of this Agreement, the following terms are specifically defined:
a. “Vehicle” means the “ORIGINAL VEHICLE” or any replacement vehicle (s and all its tires, tools, accessories, equipment, keys and vehicle documents.
b. “Owner” for the purposes of this agreement means “OWNER OF VEHICLE” shown on the Rental Agreement Summary;
c. “Renter” means the person, or entity identified on the Rental Agreement
d. Authorized Driver means any individual in addition to Renter who is permitted by Owner to operate Vehicle. This includes individuals identified on the Rental Agreement Summary as ADDITIONAL AUTHORIZED DRIVER(S), and with the permission of Renter, includes Renter’s spouse or domestic partner (same or opposite sex) who meets the minimum rental age of 21 and holds a valid license;
e. “Rental Period” means the period between the time Renter takes possession of Vehicle until Vehicle is returned or recovered and in either case, checked in by Owner.
f. “Optional Accessories” means but is not limited to optional child seats, speakers, beach toys, chairs, fishing poles, and/or other products accepted by Renter.
2. Ownership/Vehicle Condition Renter acknowledges that Vehicle and any Optional Accessories are in good physical and mechanical condition and agrees to report any damages to vehicle unknown by owner before taking possession of vehicle or operating.
3. Termination of Right to Use & Prohibited Use.
Renter agrees to the following limits on use:
(1) Vehicle shall always remain dry, top and windows secure from inclement weather. Water will cause electrical damage to open jeeps and damages will be Renters and Additional Driver financial responsibility.
(2) Vehicle shall not be driven on an unpaved road or off-road.
(3) Vehicle shall not be driven by any person other than Renter or Additional Driver listed on Rental Agreement.
(4) Renter and Additional Driver hold a valid class license for that purpose and comply with all federal, state or municipal laws, ordinances or regulations.
(5) Renter shall not modify the vehicle or remove any seats from Vehicle.
(6) Vehicle shall not be used to carry passengers in excess of the number of seat belts provided by manufacturer or outside of the passenger compartment.
(7) Vehicle shall not be used for: any illegal purposes; in any illegal or reckless manner; in a race or speed contest; or to tow or push anything.
(8) Vehicle shall not be driven by any person impaired or under the influence using narcotics, alcohol, intoxicants, or drugs, used with or without a prescription. By any person committing a felony or otherwise engaged in a criminal act;
(9) Vehicle shall not be operated by anyone: who has given a fictitious name, false address, or a false or invalid driver’s license; whose driver’s license becomes invalid during the Rental Period; who has obtained the keys without permission of Owner; or who misrepresents or withholds facts to/from Owner material to rental, use or operation of Vehicle.
(10) Vehicle shall not be used for transporting persons for hire.
(11) Renter shall not transfer or assign this Agreement and/or sublease Vehicle.
(12) Vehicle shall not be used to store or transport explosives, chemicals, corrosives or other hazardous materials.
(13) Renter agrees to return Vehicle and any Optional Accessories to Owner on or before return date to the address stated on the Rental Agreement Summary or on Owner’s demand and in same condition as received, ordinary wear and tear excepted.
a. In the event of any violation of the limits on use or any other provision of this Agreement, Owner automatically, without any further notice to Renter or Additional Driver terminates their right to use Vehicle and Owner retains any other rights and remedies provided by law. Owner has the right to seize Vehicle without legal process or notice to Renter or Additional Driver.
4. Accidents. Damage to, loss or theft of Vehicle must be immediately reported to police and owner in writing and in no event later than the following business day after the accident.
5. Damage to, Loss, Modification or Theft of Vehicle, Optional Accessories and Related Costs. You are responsible for all loss or theft of, or damage to, the Vehicle, which included the cost of the repair, or the actual cash retail value of the vehicle on the date of the loss if the vehicle is not repairable or if we decide not to repair the vehicle, plus loss of use, diminished value of the Vehicle caused by damage to it or repair of it, and our administrative expenses incurred processing the claim. You must report all accidents or incidents of theft and vandalism to the police as soon as you discover them.
6. Insurance. Owner of Vehicle provides no liability protection under the terms of the Rental Agreement to the renter from claims of injury by others against you resulting from an accident. Your personal/business insurance may cover your liability. You are responsible for all damage or loss you cause to vehicle, property, and others. You agree to provide Auto liability, collision and comprehensive insurance covering you, us and the vehicle. Where state law requires us both to provide auto liability insurance, it is your responsibility to provide just state law minimum liability requirements. Destin Jeep Rentals will not be responsible for any loss or occurrence with personal liability within the terms of this rental agreement.
7. Your Property. You release us, our agents and employees from all claims from loss of, or damage to, your personal property that we received, handled or stored, or that was left or carried in or around the vehicle or any service vehicle in our offices, whether the loss or damage was caused by our negligence or was otherwise our responsibility.
8. Payment by Renter. Renter shall pay Owner, the amounts as set forth on the Rental Agreement Summary for:
(1) The charges on the Rental Agreement Summary for the Rental Period.
(2) The Optional Accessories, services and/or products charges for those items accepted by Renter.
(3) Toll collection will be billed after rental when owner receives statement. A device or video-monitored toll collection services collects tolls and administration fees via vehicle tag and is generated monthly per vehicle.
(4) The Delivery and return fees associated with rental.
(5) The fuel charge at the rate shown. If Vehicle is returned with less fuel than when rented, the charge shall be for the Owner’s estimated difference in fuel level shown on the fuel gauge from the time Vehicle is rented.
(6) State Sales Tax.
(7) The Florida State Rental Car Surcharge (SC REC) which is the Florida State Rental Surcharge imposed by the state;
(8) The Vehicle License Fee Recovery (VLF REC) which is Owner’s charge to recover the estimated average daily cost per vehicle of the charges imposed by governmental authorities upon Owner or its affiliates to title, register and plate all vehicles.
(9) Any airport Consolidated Facility Charge, Customer Facility Charge (CFC) which is required to be paid by Owner or collected from Renter in connection with this rental to the Airport.
(10) For damage to, loss or theft of Vehicle or Optional Accessories.
(11) A fee to clean the Vehicle’s interior upon return if there are excessive stains, pet hair/fur, trash, odors or other soilage.
(12) All fines, costs, charges for legal violations, parking, tolls, towing and storage and the like occurring during the Rental Period (Fines, Tolls and Violations). Renter consents to the payment of all Fines, Tolls and Violations by Owner.
9. Roadside Assistance. For roadside assistance call (850) 687-9262 or (850) 687-4345 and you will be connected to roadside assistance provider that, depending on your location and circumstances, charges may apply for any service(s) provided to Renter.
10. Modifications. No term of this Agreement can be waived or modified except by writing that we have signed and dated time stamped. If you wish to extend your rental period, you must notify owner before original agreement expiration. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between renter and owner.
11. Additional Rules.
1) Absolutely no smoking. A $375.00-dollar fee for smoke or ash odor will be applied to your credit card.
2) Jeep top and windows must be on at night or if the weather is questionable. Water can destroy the electrical functions in the jeep and cause mold on seats and carpets. You will be charged for any water damages. You must remove side windows before you lower top, the back window is optional. If you leave the back window in when you lower the top, make sure the bar is in the correct spot if it isn't you can bend the back hatch. You will be charged for any top, window, or hatch damage. Please call us if you are unsure about anything on lowering the top. We have an instructional video or staff that will be happy to assist you.
3) If you remove the doors please be cautious of the door swinging open, if it hits the side of the jeep after you unlatch the doors it will cause a dent on the side the jeep by the mirror.
4) Fuel policy states that the Jeep is delivered on full, please return full or $20 per 1/8 fuel used will be billed.
5) Toll by Plate charges and citations - If you use Mid Bay Bridge and pay the toll, you will still be charged an additional toll by plate fee that is billed from the state of Florida. Any parking tickets, speeding violations, or any other citations are the renter’s responsibility.
6) PET POLICY - It is ok to have a pet in the jeep, but you must clean the jeep after. Any pet hair/ dander left in the jeep will result in a cleaning fee.
7) Absolutely no off-roading. Our rental vehicles are permitted for paved roads only. The tours we offer are for special jeeps with special permits during parts of the year, and must be guided with a lead jeep. All of our units are geofenced and are not permitted to enter any forest, state park, trail, sand, gravel, mud or anything else off paved roads. You will be fined $500.00 if you breech this contract.
8) Vehicle shall not be taken out of Northwest Florida for any reason. Mexico Beach to Gulf Shores is our range.
9) Backround check shall be given to any renter that is flagged in our software with the right to refuse any reservation per owners discretion.
BY SIGNING HERE YOU AGREE TO ALL RENTAL TERMS & CONDITIONS.
SIGNATURE MUST MATCH THE SIGNATURE ON YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE FOR SECURITY REASONS DRIVER SIGNATURE (ALL DRIVERS 21 AND UP)
April 18, 2021
BY CHECKING HERE YOU AGREE TO SPECIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Vehicle shall always remain dry, top and windows secure from inclement weather. Water will cause electrical damage to open jeeps and damages will be Renters and Additional Drivers financial responsibility to cover the cost of repairs. We have instructional videos for removing the top and installing the proper way.Absolutely no off-roading. Our rental vehicles are permitted for paved roads only. The tours we offer are for special jeeps with special permits, and must be guided with a lead jeep.
All of our units are geofenced and are not permitted out of Northwest Florida, to enter any forest, state park, trail, sand, gravel, mud or anything else off paved roads. You will be fined a $500.00 penalty, plus any and all cost associated with damages if you breech this contract and mud located in any vehicle or any zone entered outside of geofenced location.
TOP REMOVAL VIDEO LINK
ADDITIONAL DRIVERS (IF NO ADDITIONAL DRIVERS WRITE NONE)
MARRIED COUPLES FREE IF ON THE SAME INSURANCE ADDITIONAL DRIVERS $10 EACH PER DAY (ALL DRIVERS 21 & UP)
SIGNATURE MUST MATCH THE SIGNATURE ON YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE FOR SECURITY REASONS
April 18, 2021