By engaging at one of CryoRVA centers to provide Cryotherapy, Cryoskin 2.0, Compression Sleeves and related services and using the Company’s equipment and facilities in relation thereto, I hereby acknowledge on behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives and/or assigns, that there are certain inherent risks and dangers associated with receiving Services and my use of the Company’s equipment and facilities. At all times, I shall comply with all stated and customary terms, posted safety signs, rules, and verbal instructions given to me by staff. If in the subjective opinion of the Company’s staff, I would be at physical risk in receiving Services, I understand and agree that I may be denied access to Services until I furnish the Company with an opinion letter from my medical doctor, at my sole cost and expense, specifically addressing the Company’s concerns and stating that the Company’s concerns are unfounded.
I hereby (1) agree to assume full responsibility for any and all injuries or damage which are sustained or aggravated by me in relation to my receiving of the Services, (2) release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Company, its direct and indirect parent, subsidiary affiliate entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, employees, representatives and agents, and each of their respective successors and assigns and all others, from any and all responsibility, claims, actions, suits, procedures, costs, expenses, damages, and liabilities to the fullest extent allowed by law arising out of or in any way related to the Services, and (3) represent that: (a) I have no medical or physical condition that would prevent me from receiving the Services, (b) I do not have a physical or mental condition that would put me in any physical or medical danger, (c) I have not been instructed by a physician to not receive Services, (d) no warranty or guarantee, or other assurance, has been made to me covering the results of the Services, (e) knowing the risks involved I nevertheless chose to voluntarily request the Services.
Notwithstanding the foregoing (and by way of illustration only and not limitation) if any of the following apply to me or if I’m unsure for any reason, I hereby acknowledge the Company’s recommendation that I consult a medical physician before receiving Cryotherapy Services:
- Severe unmanaged hypertension (BP > 160/100)
- Heart attack within the past 6 months
- Decompensating diseases (edema) of the cardiovascular and respiratory system
- Congestive heart failure
- Chronic liver disease
- Unstable Angina Pectoris
- Peripheral Arterial Occlusive Disease Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Known circulatory dysfunction
- Acute febrile respiratory (Flu like respiratory conditions)
- Acute kidney and urinary tract diseases
- Severe Anemia Cold Allergenic Phenomenon (known allergy to cold contactants)
- Heavy consumerist diseases (abnormal bleeding)
- Seizure disorders
- Bacterial and viral infections of the skin
- Wound healing disorders
Risks of whole body cryotherapy include, but are not limited to: fluctuations in blood pressure (due to peripheral vasoconstriction, systolic blood pressure may briefly increase by up to 10 points during the session. This effect should reverse after the end of the session, as peripheral circulation returns to normal), allergic reaction to extreme cold (rare), claustrophobia, anxiety, activation of some viral conditions (cold sores) etc. due to stimulation of the immune system. One primary inherent risk of cryotherapy is skin sensitivity and skin irritation. It is impossible to predict how client’s skin will react during or after cryotherapy.
For anyone participating in Whole Body Cryotherapy; it is important that both men and women keep their underwear on. Women should wear a bra only if there is No Metal on the bra. All jewelry and piercings must be out before entering a cryosauna.
Cryoskin 2.0 Contraindications
- Severe Raynaud's Syndrome
- People who suffer from very poor circulation
- Pregnant women
- Severe Diabetes
Normatec Pulse Technology Contraindications
Do not use Normatec Pulse Technology if you have or may have any of the following conditions: current or unstable fractures or breaks, recent surgery and have sutures or stiches, open wounds, contusions or abrasions. If you have any other injury, illness or medical condition, you should consult your physician prior to using Normatec.
Do not use Hypervolt if you have or may have any of the following conditions: current or unstable fractures or breaks, recent surgery and have sutures or stiches, open wounds, contusions, abrasions, recent joint replacements, spondylolisthesis, spondylosis or herniated disks. If you have any other injury, illness or medical condition, you should consult your physician prior to using Hypervolt.
Mandatory Safety Instructions for Whole Body Cryotherapy
1. You must wear cotton or wool socks (and underwear for men) to minimize the potential of chilblain and other potential injuries from overexposure to cold temperatures;
2. Sessions are limited to 3 minutes per session to minimize the potential for such adverse effects from overexposure to cold temperatures;
3. During the session, you must ensure that your head remains above the level of, and avoid inhaling, gasiform air (the cloudy gas circulating in the cryosauna); while non-toxic, it is devoid of oxygen and may cause shortness of breath, fainting, or other conditions;
4. You must immediately notify the attendant and end the session if you at any time experience any physical or mental discomfort, problems, pain or anxiety;
5. Abnormal skin sensitivity to cold may be caused by certain foods, cosmetics, lotions, piercings, or medication, including but not limited to, tranquilizers and high blood pressure medication – do not use Whole Body Cryotherapy if you have reason to believe you have come in contact with or ingested any such product;
6. A person who is less than (18) years of age may not use whole body cryotherapy without written parental consent;
7. A person who is less than (15) years of age may not use whole body cryotherapy even with parental consent.
In participating in the Services, with your permission, you may be photographed, videotaped or otherwise recorded by the Company for safety, monitoring, training and/or social media purposes. You hereby consent to such usage of your imagery for all and any such purpose by the Company and hereby agree that the Company without any payment to you shall in all cases be the sole owner of all intellectual and other proprietary rights therein without any restriction whatsoever.
I have read this Assumption of Risk, Waiver, and Release, fully understand its terms, and understand that I am giving up substantial rights including my right to sue the Company under certain circumstances. I acknowledge that I am signing this waiver freely and voluntarily. The term of this waiver is indefinite.