You have agreed to participate in an airbrush spray tanning session to achieve a “sunless” tan on your outer skin. To help you best achieve your desired results, please read the following material carefully and acknowledge your understanding and agreement by signing below. Spray tanning is accomplished by application of a solution containing the active ingredients Dihydroxyacetone (DHA). DHA is considered to be safe and has been FDA approved in cosmetic use. IT DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY UV PROTECTION. The use of an SPF along with your spray tan is strongly advised. The fad recommends that all users of DHA spray tanning services avoid inhaling or ingesting DHA. It is recommended that you use protective undergarments, eyewear, nose filters and seal lips with balm prior to your service. All protective measures are available from your technician. DHA reacts with the skins amino acids resulting in a “tan” similar to that of the sun, without the dangers of UVA/UVB. The solution is sprayed onto your skin by a technician using an airbrush spray gun.
- If you have sensitive skin or allergies due to sunless tanning products containing DHA as well as walnut oils, or if you are unsure whether you maybe allergic to DHA/Walnut Extracts, we strongly suggest consulting with your physician prior to tanning. Allergic reactions such as a minor skin rash are extremely rare but possible. If you have never used sunless tanning products before, we suggest a patch test 24 hours before the full body application. NW GLW is not responsible for any allergic reactions that may occur during or after use of DHA.
- If you have a history of asthma or other respiratory or medical conditions, including any medications that you may be on that could be aggravated by the use of the airbrush tanning process, please consult a physician before proceeding. Please advise your tanning technician of any past allergic reactions with DHA products or any other medical concerns. NW GLW is not responsible for the aggravation of medical conditions that may occur during or after use of DHA. * Some of the ingredients in our solution contain a sugar base and application can cause a rise in blood sugar levels. If you are diabetic or have a medical conditions that can be affected or aggravated by a rise in blood sugar, please consult a physician before use of your spray tan.
- You should prepare your skin for you session prior to your arrival. Skin should be free of deodorant, sweat, fragrance, and lotions. DOVE AND BAR SOAP CAN NOT BE USED 1 WEEK PRIOR TO YOUR SPRAY TAN. Skin should be clean and dry. All shaving and exfoliating should be done 24 hours prior to your spray tan. You should allow a minimum of 6 hours between your shower and your spray tan appointment. Remove all make up and do not wear any jewelry of any kind. IF you attend your airbrush spray tan appointment without proper preparation, NW GLW cannot guarantee lasting or satisfactory results.
- The bronzing and tanning solutions used during your session have the potential to stain clothing such as silk and linen as well as light color leather car seats. We recommend that you wear something dark in a color that can be stained without concern, such as an old swimsuit or undergarments. Some clients purchase a NW GLW fleece Onsie or disposable Onsies sold @ NW GLW to protect their tan and car seats. For your convenience, disposable bikinis which create minimal tan lines are provided at the studio for your use.
- It is also possible that the solutions may transfer to other clothing, furniture or car seats after your session. Washing or dry cleaning will usually remove the transfer but not always. We suggest bringing a towel or seat cover for your car. NW GLW is not responsible for potential stings to clothing and upholstery. Please be conscientious and careful.
- Your tanning session will take approximately 10-15 minutes. Women are free to wear their deserved level of comfort for their session, Men must wear boxers or briefs and any child under 18 must wear a bathing suit and have their parents sign the consent waiver. After spraying, your skin should be dry before putting your clothes back on. You should not bathe, shower, or sweat excessively for up to 8 hours after your spray tan. Exposure to excessive moisture before this time period will affect your results. When your session is over, the solution will give you an immediate bronzed effect, unless you were sprayed with the clear solution. When you bathe, the bronzer will come off and your true color will be revealed. Please rinse with warm water and use your hands to remove all of the cosmetic bronzer from your body.
- CLIENT CONDITIONS:
- NW GLW will not be responsible for lost, stolen or damaged personal items.
- The airbrush process has been explained to me and I hereby agree to allow NW GLW to apply the spray tan solution to my skin using the airbrush process.
- To my knowledge, I have no medical conditions or allergies which would preclude me from having this procedure done. I agree to hold harmless NW GLW of any medical complications that may arise and I have been advised to discontinue use if any reaction occurs.
- I understand that the results of airbrush spray tanning do vary and that no guarantees of specific results are offered or implied. I understand that airbrush spray tanning contains NO protection from UVA/UVB rays and I must wear sunscreen to protect my skin.
- I hereby release NW GLW as well as the airbrush spray tan technician and hold them harmless from any liability involved in the use of or arising during the tanning process. I also agree to first contact NW GLW if for any reason I am dissatisfied with my results.
- I agree to give NW GLW permission to use any photos taken of before and after results with my permission of the airbrush spray tan administered by NW GLW. NW GLW has the right to use these photos in an appropriate manner to advertise their business on social media and on NW GLW.LIFE
I have read and completely understand this consent form.
Dated: April 6, 2020