RABBIT HILL SNOW RESORT SEASON PASS WAIVER
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT. (hereinafter referred to as the "Release Agreement")
BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL WAIVE OR GIVE UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE OR CLAIM COMPENSATION FOLLOWING AN ACCIDENT.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
If you have any questions about this waiver please call us at 780-955-2440 before signing the Release Agreement.
To: Rabbit Hill Recreations Inc., and its directors, officers, employees, instructors, agents, representatives, volunteers, independent contractors, subcontractors, sponsors, successors and assigns (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Releasees”).
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
I am aware that skiing, snowboarding, and particpating in snow school lessons, clinics and sessions involve many risks, dangers, and hazards, including, but not limited to: boarding, riding and disembarking ski lifts; changing weather conditions; avalanches; exposed rock, earth, ice and other natural objects; trees, tree wells, tree stumps and forest deadfall; the condition of snow or ice on or beneath the surface; variations in the terrain which may create blind spots or areas of reduced visibility; variations in the surface or sub-surface, including changes due to man-made or artificial snow; variable and difficult conditions; streams, creeks, and exposed holes in the snow pack above streams or creeks; cliffs; crevases; snowcat roads, road-banks or cut banks; collision with lift towers, fences, snow making equipment, snow grooming equipment, snowcats, snowmobiles or other vehicles, equipment or structures; encounters with domestic and wild animals including dogs and bears; collision with other persons; loss of balance or control; slips, trips and falls; accidents during snow school lessons; negligent first aid; failure to act safely or within one’s own ability to stay within designated areas; negligence of other skiers, snowboarders and other persons; and NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES, I UNDERSTAND THAT NEGLIGENCE INCLUDES THE FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS REFERRED TO ABOVE. I am also aware that the risks, dangers and hazards referred to above exist throughout the ski area and that many hazards are unmarked. I FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS RESULTING THEREFROM.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS & INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration of the Releasees accepting my application for a Season Pass and permitting my use of the lifts, ski runs, trails, terrain parks, race courses, restaurants, day lodge, parking, access roads and other ski area facilities (hereinafter “the facilities”), I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have, or may in the future have, against THE RELEASEES, and TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury, including death, that I may suffer, or that my next of kin may suffer, as a result of my use of or my presence on the premises or travel beyond the ski area boundary DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED UNDER THE OCCUPIERS’ LIABILITY ACT, RSA 2000, c O-04, ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES. I UNDERSTAND THAT NEGLIGENCE INCLUDES THE FAILURE ON PART OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS REFERRED TO ABOVE.
2. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES for any and all liability for any damage to property of, or personal injury to, any third party resulting from my use of or presence on the premises or travel beyond the ski area boundry;
3. This Release Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity;
4. This Release Agreement and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this Release Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta and no other jurisdiction; and
5. Any litigation involving the parties to this Release Agreement shall be brought solely within the Province of Alberta, and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of Alberta.
In entering into this Agreement I am not relying upon any oral or written representations or statements made by the Releasees with the respect to the safety of skiing or snowboarding other than what is set forth in this Release Agreement.
The Season Pass issued to the Passholder is the property of Rabbit Hill Recreations Inc., is not transferable, not for resale and is revocable for misconduct or breach of the Alpine Responsibility Code.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT AND I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I OR MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, ASSIGNS AND REPRESENTATIVES MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES.
Today's Date: January 15, 2019