TO: SNOW VALLEY SKI CLUB, and its directors, officers, employees, instructors, guides, agents, volunteers, independent contractors, subcontractors, representatives, sponsors, equipment manufacturers, equipment distributors, successors and assigns, (all of whom are hereinafter collectively referred to as "THE RELEASEES").
ASSUMPTIONS OF RISKS
I am aware that skiing and snowboarding involve many risks, dangers and hazards including, but not limited to: boarding, riding and disembarking ski lifts; changing weather conditions; exposed rock, earth, ice, and other natural objects; trees, tree wells, tree stumps and forest deadfall; the condition of snow or ice on or beneath the surface; variations in the terrain which may create blind spots or areas of reduced visibility; variations in the surface or sub-surface, including changes due to man-made or artificial snow; variable and difficult conditions; streams, creeks, and exposed holes in the snow pack above streams or creeks; cliffs; snow cat roads, road-banks or cut-backs; collision with lift tower, fences, snow making equipment, snow grooming equipment, snow cats, snowmobiles or other vehicles, equipment or structures; collision with other persons; loss of balance or control; infectious disease contracted through viruses, bacteria, parasites, and fungi which may be transmitted through direct or indirect contact; failure to act safety or within one's own ability or to stay within designated areas; negligence of other skiers, snowboarders and other persons; slip and falls; and NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES, INCLUDING THE FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE RESPONSIBLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS REFERRED TO ABOVE. I am also
aware that the risks, dangers and hazards referred to above exist throughout the ski area and that many hazards are unmarked. I FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, DAMAGES AND HAZARDS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH OT PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS RESULTING THEREFROM.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration of the Releasees permitting my use of the lifts, ski runs, trails, terrain parks, race courses, restaurants, day lodge and the ski area facilities (hereinafter "the facilities"), and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, I hereby agree as follows:
- TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against THE RELEASEES, and TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury including death that I may suffer, or that my next of kin may suffer, as a result of my use of or my presence on the facilities DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED UNDER ANY APPLICABLE OCCUPIERS' LIABILITY LEGISLATION ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES, AND ALSO INCLUDING THE FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS REFERRED TO ABOVE;
- TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any damage to property of or personal injury to any third party, resulting from my use of or presence on the facilities;
- This Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity;
- This Agreement and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this Release Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta and no other jurisdiction; and
- Any litigation involving the parties to this Release Agreement shall be brought solely within the Province of Alberta and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of Alberta.
In entering into this Agreement I am not relying upon any oral or written representations or statement made by the Releasees with the respect to the safety of skiing or snowboarding other than what is set forth in this Release Agreement.
The Lift/Season Pass issued is the property of SNOW VALLEY SKI CLUB, is not transferable, not for resale and is revocable for misconduct or breach of the Alpine Responsibility Code.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT AND I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I OR MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, ASSIGNS AND REPRESENTATIVES MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES.
Season Passes purchased between February 15, 2023 and April 1, 2023 are not refundable or transferable
2022-23 Season Passes: Are refundable if cancelled before November 15, 2022. After November 15 2022, refunds or credits considered for serious injury, major medical condition or relocation only. A letter from a Doctor must support refunds for medical condition or injury. A letter from an employer outlining transfer and employment location must support refunds for relocation.
Family Passes include all family members, no partial refunds for individual members.
Refunds based on the following prorated scale:
- Prior to November 15: 100% refund.
- November 16 to December 15: 75% refund (less $25.00 admin fee).
- December 16 to January 15: 50% refund (less $25.00 admin fee).
- January 16 to February 28: 25% refund (less $25.00 admin fee).
- After February 28: No refund.
Lesson programs: Are NON-refundable. Participants who cannot continue due to illness or injury supported by a doctor’s note, will be credited the pro-rated value of the remaining lesson(s) Credits considered once written notice and supporting documents are submitted to Guest Services. Credits are pro-rated to the date pass/lesson pass are returned.
Cancellation of Private: 24 hours’ notice required.
We understand you may need to cancel a lesson last minute due to illness, we do ask that you give us as much notice as possible as we will need to adjust staffing levels. Please call 780.434.3991 ext. 242 and leave a message available 24 hour a day. Please be aware cancelling day of may incur a $25.00 rebooking fee.
- “No shows” will not compensated.
- All refunds are subject to a $25.00 administration fee.
- Email requests to email@example.com or bring a letter to Snow Valley Guest Services.
- Telephone conversations with Snow Valley employees does not constitute an official request.
- No requests accepted after March 1, 2023.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE REFUND POLICY
This agreement must be completed in full and signed before the lift /season pass(es) may be issued.
January 28, 2023