Wasteland Ops Airsoft Field Rules and Regulations
Hello and welcome to Wasteland Ops Airsoft Field. It is our goal at Gray Wolf Tactical Combat to provide all players and staff with a fun, safe environment on game day. In order to ensure the safety of all players and our staff, we have created the following guidelines. Please read the entire document and sign the agreement on the last page.
General Safety Regulations
Players must adhere to the following gun and gear outlines in order to participate:
- Must have full seal goggles with ANSI Z87.1 rated lenses
- Eye protection must be worn at all time while on the field
- Optional for players 18 and older
- Required for players 17 and younger
- Must cover the nose, mouth and chin
- All players must have a dead rag for use on the field
- Must be red and large enough to be easily seen through brush
- Closed-toed shoes are required (boots are recommended, but not required)
- Pants are required
- Large, loose articles of clothing and jewelry are not allowed
FPS (Measured daily with .20g BBs) and Engagement Limits
- Pistol - 350 fps (5-foot minimum engagement)
- AEG - 400 fps (15-foot minimum engagement)
- DMR - 450 fps (Semi-automatic only, 50-foot minimum engagement)
- Sniper - 600 fps (100-foot minimum engagement)
- Safe zones include the Market, parking lot, restrooms and staging area
- Anything that is not the field of play is considered a safe zone
- Guns must be on safe with mags out and barrels clear in safe zones
General Rules of Play
- A hit is defined as being struck by a BB anywhere on your body or gear
- Gun hits do not count
- When hit, announce loudly and clearly you have been hit
- Present your dead rag
- In respawn games, stand up and return to spawn
- Weapon must be at rest and dead rag must be displayed
- In medic games, remain in place and call for a medic
- Players may reasonably move in to cover to avoid fire
Minimum Engagements and Bang Outs
- Players may not shoot their weapons inside the minimum engagement limit
- Players may alternatively “bang out” opponents
- In order to “bang out” and opponent, players must:
- Have their weapon in a ready-to-fire position aimed at their opponent
- Players must yell “bang” to simulate firing the weapon
- The first player to yell “bang” wins the engagement and the other is hit
- In the event of a tie, players may decide amongst themselves what to do
- Grenades must not produce a flame
- Grenades must not contain BBs or other projectiles (concussive only)
- Grenades have a 15-foot kill radius
- All players not behind reasonable cover are hit
- Grenades kill all players inside a single room
- Smoke grenades are considered non-lethal
Rockets, Mines and Other Explosives
- See field staff for approval
- Rules may vary depending on game
Field Boundaries and Hazards
- There are multiple structures throughout the field
- Do not climb on anything not meant to be climbed on
- Do not tear down walls, barriers, etc.
- If you see an exposed nail or sharp corner, announce it to anyone nearby and report the hazard to an admin
- There are multiple sections with large rocks on the field
- Players may not climb on the rocks
- The back of the field is bordered by train tracks.
- Players may not walk on or cross the train tracks
- Players must be at least 20 feet away from the train tracks during play
Admins and Staff
In addition to players, admins and field staff will be present on the field at all times during play. Staff and admins will be wearing brightly colored safety vests. Do not shoot admins or staff. Admins have the final say in all field disputes. If you see a problem or believe someone is breaking the rules, tell an admin. Do not argue with the admins about their decisions. If you believe an admin is treating you unfairly, report them to the Gray Wolf Tactical Combat staff.
Cheating and Unsportsmanlike Conduct
Airsoft is a game of honor and integrity. We expect our players to conduct themselves in a sportsmanlike manner at all times. Cheating and unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated. This includes but is not limited to:
- Not calling your hits
- Spawn cheating
- Telling others to call their hits
- Excessively taunting other players
- Excessively shooting other players
- Targeting specific players
- Cursing or yelling at other players
Failure to conduct yourself in an honorable and integrable manner may result in field ejection or further disciplinary action if necessary.
Zero Tolerance Policy
Gray Wolf Tactical Combat has zero tolerance for the following:
- Discrimination based on race, sex, age, etc.
- Use of illegal substances
- Alcohol abuse (Alcohol is restricted from the Market of Marion Flea Market)
Gray Wolf Tactical Combat reserves the right to take disciplinary action against those who fail to follow the rules. By signing below, you acknowledge you have read, fully understand and agree to follow the rules and regulations of Wasteland Ops Airsoft Field.
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT (“AGREEMENT”)
By participating in the Airsoft Games at Wasteland OPS, LLC/ Wasteland Ops I represent that I understand the nature of this Activity and that I am qualified, in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activity. I acknowledge that if I believe event conditions are unsafe, I will immediately discontinue participation in the activity. I fully understand that this Activity involves risks of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis and death, which may be caused by my own actions, or inactions, those of others participating in the event, the conditions in which the event takes place, or the negligence of the “released” named below; and that there may be other risks either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I fully accept and assume all such risks and all responsibility for losses, cost, and damages I incur as a result of my participation in the Activity.
I hereby release, discharge, and convenient not to sue Wasteland Ops LLC/ Wasteland Ops And The Market of Marion , its respective administrators, directors, agents, officers, volunteers and employees, other participants, and sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the “Releases” herein) from all liability, claims, demands, losses, or damages, on my account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the “releases” or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations and future agree that if, despite this release, waiver of liability, and assumption of risk I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releases I will indemnify, save, and hold harmless each of the Releases from any loss, liability, damage, or cost, which any may incur as the result of such claim.
I have read the RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it and have signed it freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.
Today's Date: May 16, 2021