Zack’s Sports Inc.
Indoor Shooting Range
The strictest discipline must be maintained at all times on Zacks Sports Inc. Indoor shooting range (the “range”) in order to maintain a safe environment. By signing below, you indicate that you read, understood and will obey the following safety rules:
2000 FPS Handgun and Rifle Indoor Shooting Range
- User of the Range must be familiar with any firearm used on the shooting range and must handle all the firearms in a safe and reasonable manner. Know your equipment.
- Firearms brought on to the range shall be cased until forward of the yellow ready line (on the floor behind the assigned shooting stall)
- Drawing from the holster is prohibited.
- Rapid Fire is prohibited.
- Loading and unloading of Firearms on the Range is permitted only when the Firearm is pointed downrange, in front of the ready line, at the assigned shooting stall.
- No outside ammunition. All ammunition used on the range will be bought from Zack’s Sports. Absolutely no steel core, steel jacketed, tracer or incendiary ammunition/rounds.
- Use of Eye and Ear protection is mandatory on the range at all times.
- Wear appropriate clothing, closed toe shoes (required) and pants are recommended, no low cut tops. Baseball caps are highly recommend.
- While on the Range, Firearms must be pointed downrange at all times. When leaving the firing line Firearms must be unloaded and cased.
- Should a misfire or other malfunction occur, keep the firearm pointed down range and use the intercom system to contact the range officer. Place the firearm on the shelf, pointing down range, and obtain assistance. Do not leave the firing line with a loaded or jammed Firearm.
- Brass/Empty cases are to stay on the Range. Picking up brass/empty cases is prohibited. You can use the squeegee to push brass/empty cases forward of the firing line.
- Firing at other than approved targets will result in revocation of range use and range privileges, and liability for damages.
- Negligent discharge, damages or injuries must be reported to the range officer immediately, no matter how minor they may seem. You are financially responsible for negligent discharge to walls, ceiling and floor. Please make sure you are aiming at the target before you press the trigger.
- Never move forward of the firing line. If anything falls forward of the firing line, contact the range officer for assistance.
- Use of the range while under the influence of alcohol or drugs is strictly prohibited. Persons believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be refused use of the range.
- Smoking, eating and drinking is prohibited on the Range.
- Remember to wash your hands after shooting.
- In order to shoot a Handgun on the Range a NYS Handgun license is required.
- No one under the age of 18 is permitted on the Range.
- Shooters between 18 and 20 may shoot long guns. If shooting handguns you must be accompanied with your NYS Handgun licensed parent or legal guardian.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at any time for any reason
*Expectant Mothers are not permitted on the range.
For your protection all range activity is recorded live on camera.
Waiver and Release of Claims for Injury or Death for use of
Zacks Sports Inc. Shooting Range
In consideration of the acceptance of my application for and the use of Zacks Sports Inc., a New York corporation (“Zack’s Sports”) Indoor Shooting Range (the “Range”) at 2138 Route 9 Round Lake, NY 12151, the undersigned, of, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, hereby waive, discharge and release in advance any and all claims for damages, death, personal injury, loss of property or property damage I may have, or that they subsequently accrue to me, or to my heirs, executors, administrators or assigns, as a result of my use of the Range.
I hold harmless Zack‘s Sports, it’s directors, officers, shareholders, employees, operators, agents and range officers, without limitation, from and any and all claims or liabilities from any claim by me, or my family, estate, heirs or assigns, arising out of or connected in any way with my use of the Range, even though the liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities mentioned above.
My participation and use of the Range is voluntary and done at my own risk. I acknowledge and certify that I am cognizant of all the inherent dangers of the use of firearms and the Range and of the basic safety rules for activities connected with the use of the Range. I understand that serious accidents occasionally occur during the use of firearms, and that persons using firearms occasionally sustain mortal or serious personal injuries and/or property damage as a consequence thereof. Knowing the risks of the use of firearms, I nevertheless personally and voluntarily assume all risk of loss, damage or injury that may be sustained by me while using the Range, whether foreseen or unforeseen, and to release and hold harmless all of the persons and entities mentioned above who, through negligence or carelessness or otherwise, might be liable to me or my heirs, personal representatives or assigns for damages.
I understand and agree that medical or other services rendered to me by, or at the instance of any of the persons or entities mentioned above is not an admission of liability to provide or to continue to provide any such services, and is not a waiver by any of the persons or entities mentioned above of any right or rights in this Waiver and Release.
I am physically and mentally fit and capable to use and handle firearms at the Range. I understand that it is not the function of Zack‘s Sport’s employees, operators, agents or range officer to serve as the guardians of my safety. I also understand that if I furnish my own firearms and related equipment that I am responsible for the safety in good operating condition of those firearms and related equipment regardless of where I obtain them.
I agree to accept and abide by the safety rules and regulations of the event as established and provided to me by Zacks Sports Inc., it’s employees, operators, agents or range officer and to obey the directions of the designated officials.
I have fully informed myself of the contents of this Waiver and Release by reading it before I sign it. I am of legal age and legally competent to sign this Waiver and Release and understand the terms herein are contractual. I have signed this Waiver and Release as my own free act. In witness whereof, I have executed this Release at 2138 Route 9, Round Lake, NY