I acknowledge that my team / program has chosen to participate in a Cheerleading Competition administered by CANADIAN CHEER. I understand that the event may be a Live Event or may be a Virtual Event, as determined by Canadian Cheer, based on the recommendations of local public heath experts.
I understand that for Virtual Events, I will provide video content to Canadian Cheer for the purpose of administering the competition and to create a compilation video of all teams. I acknowledge that said videos could include images of athletes, coaches and the facility in which the video is taken as well as any other person who may be present while the video is being taken. I certify that I have provided notice to all those being filmed and further attest that I have permission from these persons of guardians for use of their images in our video submissions.
I confirm that by submitting any video for a Canadian Cheer Virtual Competition, I hereby transfer and assigns to Canadian Cheer Company, the exclusive right to utilize electronic recordings captured at or for any Canadian Cheer Events for any commercial use, in perpetuity. I further waive any right to monitor, inspect or approve any compilation of or commercial use of any such electronic recordings.
I confirm that all coaches from my club or program are responsible for adherence to all rules listed in the
General Guidelines, Policies and Registration information as set forth on the CANADIAN CHEER Website,
I agree to accept the feedback and scores levied by the judges and accept that all decisions pertaining to the placing of each team (including deduction and disqualification penalties) as FINAL and not open to challenge or discussion.
I further acknowledge:
- CANADIAN CHEER uses a levelling system for their competition divisions. I am aware of the rules pertaining to each division and agree to abide by them. I take full responsibility for knowing the rules and limitations for each division.
- The coach, team, and fans of the team / program (i.e. Parents/Spectators) will demonstrate appropriate sportsmanship before, during, and after the competition.
- The coach acknowledges that all participants on the team are eligible for the division entered.
- Ineligible participants will result in team disqualification.
- The coach acknowledges that all participants are entered on the official roster and any changes to this roster have been made known to CANADIAN CHEER.
- The coach of each team will assume responsibility for the safety, well-being and conduct of all their corresponding team members.
- The coach understands the policies regarding image and crossovers as stated by the USASF/IASF and will endeavour to the best of their ability to ensure their members follow these guidelines.
- The coach acknowledges communicating all the above information to all team members, other coaches, parents, supporters and other involved persons.
- All cheerleaders named on all rosters are currently and legitimately enrolled in the school or organization named and will be on the day of the competition. I also verify that all athletes meet the age and eligibility requirements for the division for which we are registering.
- All-Star/Club teams must hold a current liability policy of at least $2 million, which covers all athletes and coaches from that specific club. School teams must be covered by their school board insurance policy for off-site participation or must hold a separate liability policy of at least $2 million specific to the team. All-Star Clubs and Schools must present an insurance letter binding Canadian - Cheer Company as an Additionally Insured party on the Club or School Insurance policy.
- All athletes and coaches representing our School and/or All-Star Club are covered by an insurance policy which meet the Canadian Cheer insurance requirements noted above.
- All athletes attending the event are abiding by all government, public health, host or venues polices in respect to mitigating the risks presented by Covid-19, including (but not limited to): masking, social distancing, vaccination requirements , cohorting.
FAILURE TO ADHERE TO ANY OF THE ABOVE MAY RESULT IN PENALTIES, AND/OR THE ENTIRE TEAM / PROGRAM BEING DISMISSED FROM THE COMPETITION.