In consideration for being allowed to participate in the Activities (as defined below), I hereby agree (to the fullest extent permitted by law) to the following on behalf of myself and on behalf of any minors who are under my legal care or supervision:
RELEASE. I unconditionally release from liability and waive the right to sue Magnum Shooting Center, LLC, Magnum Investment Properties, LLC, Magnum Shooting Center of Colorado Springs, LLC, and Magnum Investment Properties of Colorado Springs, LLC as well any of their respective owners, managers, employees, agents, volunteers, guests, and affiliates (collectively, “Magnum”) from any and all claims, damages, losses, injuries, or illness I may suffer or which may result from my participation in the Activities regardless of whether such claims, damages, losses, injuries, or illness is the direct or indirect result of the actions or omissions of Magnum.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK. I fully understand, acknowledge, and voluntarily accept the risks in the activities that occur at the Magnum Shooting Center (“Facility”) including, without limitation, the shooting of firearms in an indoor range (collectively, “Activities”). I understand that the Activities are inherently dangerous and that participating in them may result in injuries, illnesses, death, and economic loss. These injuries or outcomes may arise from my own or other’s actions, inactions, or negligence, or the condition of Facility. I also understand that neither Magnum nor the Facility may eliminate the inherent risks in the Activities.
INDEMNIFICATION. I agree to unconditionally indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Magnum from any and all claims, loss or damage, liabilities and costs, including, without limitation, attorney’s fees and costs, as a result of my participation in the Activities.
REPRESENTATIONS & WARRANTIES. I make the following representations and warranties: (1) I may lawfully possess firearms and ammunition; (2) I have read and understood the Facilities’ current General Range Rules; (3) I have read and understood the Facilities’ current Firearm and Ammunition Safety Rules; (4) I have read and understood the Facilities’ current Range Operating Procedures; (5) I agree to abide by all written, video, or verbal safety rules issued by members of the Facilities’ staff; (6) I agree to be financially responsible for and reimburse the Facility for any shooting that causes damage to the range and/or equipment, and acknowledge that my actions at the Facility are being video recorded; and (7) I have no medical, physical, or mental conditions that could compromise my safety and the safety of others while participating in the Activities.
Range Safety Rules
- Eye and ear protection will be worn at all times.
- Firearms will only be uncased at the bench.
- Whether cased, bag, holstered, in a sock, etc., you must be inside your lane at the benched position to uncase your firearm.
- If you are sharing any firearms: firearms will be placed in a lane, and shooters may switch lanes. NO handing off firearms behind and around the lane barrier wall.
- Always point your firearm in a safe position. Muzzle of the firearm will be pointed down range and parallel with floor at all times.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot (your firearm is aimed at your target before you engage your trigger).
- Never under any circumstances reach forward of the firing line.
- If you collect your brass, you may retrieve any brass that falls behind the firing line.
- If you drop anything forward of the line have an RSO retrieve it for you.
- On the Pistol Range, there are no firearm platform restrictions.
- Rifle Range is for rifles only.
- Ammunition restrictions; NO Steel Core, Green Tip, Black Tip, Orange Tip, Incendiary or Armor Piercing ammunition. Shotgun ammo must be slug only.
- Keep in mind you are shooting at an indoor range, and there is the possibility of ricochet or bullet splatter.
- Shooter-caused damage to range or equipment will result in a repair fine and/or removal from the range.
- Upon entering the range, an RSO will show you how to hang your target and work the retrieval system.
- If you need assistance for any reason, please leave everything on your bench and get an RSO to assist you.
- Follow all written, video, or verbal safety rules issued by members of the Facility’s staff.
- Anyone who is or is determined to be, by Facility’s staff, under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be permitted on the range.
The Training Counselor who conducts your course/class will make a recommendation concerning your certification based on an evaluation of your knowledge, skill and attitude. You may be asked to demonstrate your skills through participation in several practical exercises during the course of your training. You may be asked to complete an examination with minimum scores required to pass. However, attendance at a course, or a passing grade on the examination, does not guarantee that you will receive the recommendation or certificate as there are additional subjective criteria.
Date Signed: September 25, 2020