PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY INDIVIDUAL WHO;
IS A CONVICTED FELON,
CURRENTLY ON PROBATION,
HAS BEEN ISSUED A RESTRAINING ORDER DUE TO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE,
HAS BEEN ADJUDGED MENTALLY INCOMPETENT,
OR IS SUICIDAL, DEPRESSED OR RECEVING TREATMENT OR TAKING MEDICATION FOR DEPRESSION
WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO THE RANGE AREA OR HANDLE ANY FIREARMS.
RANGE 129 RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DENY SERVICE TO ANYONE - ANY ACTS DEEMED INAPPROPRIATE BY A RANGE 129 TEAM MEMBER WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE EXPLUSION FROM THE FACILITY WITHOUT A REFUND!
I acknowledge that I have read and understand the above stated matters and am able to continue on with the Range Use Agreement.
April 22, 2021
Upon entering Range 129, I understand that I am entering a private shooting range at my own risk where I will encounter high levels of noise and the discharge of ammunition from firearms. By entering this property, it is at my own risk and I acknowledge the liabilities and dangers that exist in my use of any and all firearms and my participation in shooting activities.
First, I acknowledge and understand that shooting activities are inherently hazardous and involve both known and unanticipated risks which could result in damage or destruction of property and physical or emotional injury, including paralysis or death, of myself or of other persons and I assume the risks that could result in physical and/ or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third-parties. The risks include, but are not limited to; flying bullets, flying debris, noise, being shot by or shooting myself or others, partial or total loss of eyesight or hearing, inhalation or other harmful contact with lead or other contaminants and being struck by flying or falling objects. I understand that such risks cannot be eliminated without compromising the essential qualities of shooting activities.
Second, I understand that Range 129 reserves the right to eject from the premises any individual who violates any of the rules of Range 129 or otherwise acts in any unsafe manner as determined by Range 129. The undersigned agrees to peaceably leave the premises of Range 129 if so ejected, after paying for all services and any damage that I may have caused to Range 129 property.
Third, in consideration of the acceptance of my participation , directly or as a spectator or observer, in any activity, class, competition, firing range rental, firearm rental, or other use of the facilities of Range 129, collectively hereinafter referred to as; "Activity", THE UNDERSIGNED AGREES TO ASSUME THE RISKS incidental to such participation and, on my own behalf and on behalf of my heirs, executors and administrators, I RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, HOLD HARMLESS, COVENANT NOT TO SUE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE Range 129 and related, affiliated and subsidiary companies, and the officers, directors, employees, volunteers, agents, representatives, insurers, successors, heirs and assigns of each, of and from fault, liabilities, costs, expenses,claims or demands for damages, causes of action, attachments of property, injury, death or financial compensation of any nature arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in any such Activity.
Fourth, I also Release, Indemnify, Defend, Hold Harmless and Forever Discharge Range 129 from all lawsuits arising out of, related to or connected with: the discharge of firearms; the course of instruction, the Range 129 range, buildings, land and premises (hereinafter the "premises") and my presence on or use of said premises. And, should any such claim, demand or lawsuit arise or be asserted in any way whatsoever related thereto, whether arising under the laws of the United States, the State of New Jersey, or under any theory or law or equity, I will Indemnify, Defend and Hold Harmless Range 129 from any and all costs, expenses, or liability including, but not limited to, the cost of any settlement or judgment made or rendered against Range 129, whether individually, jointly or in solidarity with the undersigned, together with all costs and other costs or expenses incurred in connection with any such claim, demand or lawsuit including attorney's fees.
Fifth, I acknowledge and understand that Range 129 makes no warranty as to the design, manufacture, maintenance, condition or fitness for any particular purpose of any range facilities or equipment, including, but not limited to; firearms, ammunition, eye/hearing protection and first-aid supplies. I agree to assume any and all responsibility and liability for any act or acts, even any negligent, reckless or criminal act or omission to act, of my guests at the range and for minors under my supervision. Also, I agree to supervise and be responsible for any minor in my care while on the property and I shall be personally responsible for my safety and the safety of minors under my supervision and for the safety of my guests.
Sixth, I waive for myself and my executors, administrators, assignees or heirs, any and all rights and claims for damages, losses, demands and any other actions whatsoever, which I may have or which may arise against Range 129, including but not limited to any and all injuries, damages or illnesses suffered by me or my property, which may, in any way whatsoever, arise out of, be related to or be connected with;
1. the course of instruction;
2. the premises, including any latent defense in the premises;
3. my presence on or use of said premises;
4. my property, whether or not entrusted to Range 129 and;
5. the discharge of firearms.
Range 129 shall not be liable for, and I hereby expressly Release, Indemnify, Defend and Hold Harmless Range 129 from any and all such claims on behalf of myself and my executors, administrators, assignees, or heirs.
Seventh, I acknowledge and understand that Range 129 has no duty to undertake first-aid or rescue operations or procedures in the event any such property damage or physical or emotional injury occurs. In entering into this Agreement, I hereby grant Range 129 a Limited Power of Attorney and authorization to obtain, at my cost, any and all emergency medical treatment, which may be needed by me as a result of participation in any Activity. For the purposes of this Agreement, emergency medical treatment means medical care or treatment necessitated by a sudden, unexpected situation demanding immediate medical attention . However, I Release, Indemnify, Defend, Hold Harmless, Covenant not to Sue, and Forever Discharge Range 129 of and from all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any nature arising out of or in any way connected with the exercise or the failure to exercise such Limited Power of Attorney and authorization, whether negligent or otherwise.
I expressly agree that this Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law, and that if any provision of this Agreement is held illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be impaired thereby, and such invalid part, term or provision shall not be deemed part of this Agreement. Further, I agree that any ambiguities in this Agreement shall not be construed in favor or against any party by virtue of that party having drafted the Agreement. No remedy conferred by any of the specific provisions of this Agreement is intended to be exclusive of any other remedy and each and every remedy shall be cumulative and shall be in addition to every other remedy now or hereafter existing at law or in equity or by statute or otherwise. The election of any one or more remedy hereunder shall not constitute any waiver of the right to pursue other available remedies.
I certify that I am entering into this Agreement on my own behalf. I expressly understand that the aforementioned Activity includes the discharge of firearms and the firing of live ammunition. I further certify that I have completely read the foregoing and I expressly agree.
Range 129 Range Safety Rules
If you observe a violation of these range rules, please bring it to the attention of any staff member and we will take immediate corrective action. It is our goal to provide you with a safe and fun range experience. Thank you from Staff and Management!
1. Keep your firearm unloaded and cased until you enter your shooting stall. Do not enter the store with a loaded firearm. UNCASE ALL FIREARMS IN THE SHOOTING STALLS ONLY! NO FIREARMS ARE ALLOWED BEHIND THE STALLS. All firearms must be in a securely fastened case, gun box, or securely tied package. Firearms will be inspected at the check-in counter at the request of Range 129’s staff. Any firearms or ammunition found to be unsafe or unserviceable will NOT be allowed onto the range.
2. When leaving the range area, ensure all firearms are unloaded and cased.
3. Eye and ear protection must be worn at all times while in the ranges, this includes entering the airlocks. I agree that prior to participating in or observing any shooting activities, I will inspect the Facilities, firearms and ammunition to be used and if I believe anything is unsafe, for any reason, I will advise a Team Member and will leave the unsafe portion of the Facilities immediately.
4. Always keep firearms unloaded and your finger off the trigger until you are in the stall, on target and ready to shoot.
5. Dry firing is permitted from the shooting stall only.
6. If you have a jam or malfunction and cannot clear the issue yourself, keep firearm pointed down range and raise your non-shooting hand. A Range Safety Officer (RSO) will be there to assist. Please follow the RSO’s instructions. DO NOT REMOVE THE FIREARM FROM THE SHOOTING STALL!
7. Do not hand a loaded firearm to another person. Make the firearm safe by engaging the safety (if applicable), removing the magazine, locking the slide to the rear, and visually and physically inspecting the chamber to be sure it’s safe and empty. Place the unloaded firearm on the shooting bench with the action open, safety on, muzzle pointed down range and the ejection port facing up. The next person can then pick up a safe and empty weapon.
8. All Long guns must be bagged or cased.
9. Commands issued by a Range Safety Officer (RSO) must be followed immediately. When the command “CEASE FIRE” is given: STOP SHOOTING immediately and REMOVE your finger from the trigger; keep the firearm POINTED DOWN RANGE, and WAIT for further instructions from an RSO.
10. Range 129 requires newly manufactured commercial ammunition at all times on Range 129. I will be totally responsible for using the correct ammunition for the firearms I am using. Black powder, steel core, tracers, armor piercing, incendiary, steel/aluminum cased, birdshot/ buckshot or other exotic ammunition is strictly prohibited. Slugs are the only ammunition permitted to be fired from a shotgun. No ammunition that contains ‘shot’ will be allowed on the range. When using Range 129’s rental firearms only ammunition purchased at Range 129 will be permitted.
11. Minimum age of use for our facility is 10 years old. All shooters under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian at all times on the range.
12. Two people maximum per lane – other guests must remain in the retail area and can watch through the viewing windows. Only one shooter may fire at a time.
13. No cross-lane shooting. Shooting at anything other than your own target is prohibited and will subject you to immediate removal from the range.
14. No one is permitted across the firing line at any time. Request a Range Safety Officer (RSO) to retrieve any equipment that falls beyond the firing line.
15. Range129, LLC reserves the right to deny the use of targets on the range that may be deemed offensive or unsafe.
16. Use the appropriate size target, placed on the cardboard backing, to ensure that your shot strikes the backstop and not the floor, ceiling, or target carrier.
17. No uncontrolled fast or rapid firing allowed. Allow at least one (1) second between shots. Any hazardous behavior will result in immediate dismissal from the premises.
18. Firing a shot that results in damage to any range equipment may result in a repair fee and/or immediate removal from the range. I acknowledge and fully understand that I and all others engaged in shooting, coaching, observing or training with firearms at Range 129 will be engages in activities that involve inherent risks of serious personal injury including disability or death and sever social and economic losses, which might result from my actions or inactions or the actions or inactions of others; such risks include but are not limited to:
My failure to abide by firearms safety rules or to properly handle or use firearms or ammunition;
The failure of others to abide by firearms safety rules or to properly handle or use firearms or ammunition;
The characteristics, including the design, manufacturing or other defects, of any firearm or ammunition being used by myself or others at Range 129;
19. Food, beverages, and tobacco are not allowed in the ranges. Smoking or vaping is strictly prohibited on Range129, LLC property.
20. Wearing or drawing from a holster is permitted on the 2 opposing end lanes for Law Enforcement Officers and those who have successfully passed our Basic Holster course.
21. Report all violations of range rules to range staff.
22. Range129, LLC reserves the right to refuse services and membership to any individual who, in our judgment, would endanger the safety of our staff or patrons. Any unsafe conduct may result in immediate dismissal from the range without refund.
23. I understand that I may be under video surveillance, photographed or electronically recorded by some other means. I understand that I may be identifiable from such photographic, electronic or video reproductions. I further understand the releases may use such recordings or reproductions for advertising, promotions, education or any other reason the releases may deem appropriate.
24. Range129, LLC’s bullet traps are designed to handle handgun and rifle calibers under .50 caliber. If you are unsure if your firearm may be shot on the range, please ask a Team member for assistance.
25. Be sure your firearm is safe to operate and know how to properly operate it. Please see a Range Safety Officer (RSO) if you have any questions.
26. Negligent, accidental, unintentional discharges, damages or injuries (no matter how minor) must be reported to a Range Safety Officer (RSO) immediately.
27. All shooters must view the safety video or in person instruction provided at Range 129 LLC.
28. Proper attire must be worn to shoot at Range 129 LLC. No open toes shoes, or high heels. We suggest comfortable tennis shoes. This dress code is in place for your safety and to prevent hot brass making contact with your skin. Range 129 LLC reserves the right to refuse anyone to shoot at our facility for dress code.
29. Range 129 LLC staff has the final authority.
I have read, agree and understand the Range 129 Range Rules and this liability waiver and I was given the opportunity to ask for clarification of any of the rules before signing this Agreement.
April 22, 2021