- Reservation; Cancellation Policy. In order to reserve the use of a Paris Landing Pontoon Rental ("PLPR") watercraft, the Renter must be at least 21 years of age and must provide PLPR with the full rental amount. At the time the pontoon is checked out, the Renter must provide PLPR with a valid driver's license in the Renter's name. If Renter needs to cancel reservation, a refund of total rental amount if cancellation is made more than 10 days prior to reservation. If Renter cancels less than 10 days and more than 24 hours of reservation, we will refund all but $100 to Renter. Cancellations made within 24 hours of rental start time will receive NO REFUND, but will be offered a rescheduled rental time.
- No Call, No Show Policy. All no calls, no shows will receive no refund.
- Weather Policy. All weather decisions are made at Paris Landing Pontoon Rental owner's discretion. All refunds or rescheduling will be prorated to the equivalent boat of original reservation.
- Security Deposits.The deposit of $100 must be paid upon the reservation of the watercraft. A valid credit card in the renter's name must be provided to satisfy the security deposit requirement. Renter must put a credit card on file upon reservation of the watercraft. The security deposit will NOT be applied toward the rental charge. The security deposit will be used to pay gas and/or any damage done to the watercraft. If the gas charge and/or the damage cost exceeds the $100 security deposit, the renter will be responsible for the remaining balance. If the gas charge and/or damage cost is less than the $100 security deposit then the remaining deposits will be refunded to the renter.
- Fuel. At the start date of the rental period, the watercraft will be provided to Renter with a full tank of gasoline. Renter acknowledges that he/she is responsible for paying for all fuel used during his/her rental time period. PLPR will assist in refueling the boat to a full capacity upon Renter's return, and PLPR will subsequently charge the card on file for the Renter.
- Inspection of Equipment. PLPR certifies that, to the best of its knowledge, the equipment is in good mechanical and physical condition. Renter agrees to inspect said equipment and that he/she is renting the same from PLPR without any specific representations or warranties by PLPR. If Renter discovers, upon inspection or check-out, damages or problems, Renter must notify PLPR prior to using the equipment in order to avoid being held responsible for such damages or problems.
- Boating Equipment. PLPR will provide personal flotation devices in accordance with the U.S. Coast Guard Maximum Capacities Rating for person and weights posted on the inside of the watercraft, fire extinguishers, throwable flotation devices, air horn, and all other equipment required pursuant to the laws and regulations of the state of Tennessee.
- Return of Equipment. Renter agrees to return all equipment to PLPR promptly on or before the end date and time listed on rental agreement and acknowledges that failure to return said equipment on time will result in additional rental charges as a late fee of $100 per each 15 minutes. Renter will not be charged a late fee if Renter notifies PLPR of an engine malfunction. Renter has been advised and acknowledges that the charges for lost or damaged equipment, to clean or repair or replace equipment will be charged to the credit card on file.
- Damages to Equipment. Renter acknowledges and understands that the equipment is to be returned in a clean, undamaged condition, in the same condition as existing at the start date and time of the rental period. If said equipment is not returned in suitable condition and/or has sustained any damage to the engine, prop, interior components, exterior components, aluminum pontoon, or any other component of the boat/motor in its entirety during the rental period, Renter acknowledges and understands that PLPR has the right to charge Renter for any damages, repairs, replacements, or cleaning of any damaged equipment or loss of property using the credit card on file.
- Smoking. All smoking is prohibited on the vessels.
- Cleaning. Renter agrees that the watercraft will be returned at the end date and time of the rental period, with all trash bagged. Renter acknowledges and agrees that a $50 clean up fee will be charged to the credit card on file if the watercraft is not clean.
- Boat Operation. Renter agrees and acknowledges that the watercraft will be operated by Renter, as named below. Renter warrants that he/she is a qualified operator of said equipment and the Renter will not allow other persons except other qualified operators within Renter's party to operate said equipment. Renter agrees that Renter is solely responsible for the proper operation of the equipment. Further, Renter agrees that:
- a. Renter will abide by, and cause all members of renter's party to abide by, all Tennessee boating laws while using the equipment.
- b. All children 12 years of age and younger are required to wear a Coast Guard approved personal flotation device pursuant to the laws and regulation of the state of Tennessee.
- c. Renter will not operate, nor allow anyone in Renter's party to operate, the equipment while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- d. Renter will not, nor allow anyone in Renter's party to, (i) swim, dive, or jump off the watercraft (swimming from a pontoon equipped with a swim ladder is permitted), (ii) tie off with other watercraft, (iii) sit in the middle of the channel, (iv) carry passengers or property for hire, (v) tow or propel another boat, (vi) race the watercraft, (vii) use the watercraft in a negligent manner or for any illegal purpose, or (viii) tow skis, tubes, kneeboards, or any other towable device (unless boat is equipped with tow bar and proper equipment).
- e. Renter will not exceed the U.S. Coast Guard Maximum Capacities Rating for persons and weights posted on the inside of the watercraft.
- f. Renter will properly anchor the watercraft prior to anyone entering the water.
- g. Renter will shut the motor off completely before any person enters the water and while any person is in the water.
- h. Renter will not allow any pets on the watercraft.
- i. No cooking on the watercraft with a portable gas grill or stove.
- Loss of Renter's Property. Renter expressly agrees that PLPR is not liable for loss of or damage to any personal property of Renter's that is used, kept, left, or stored on the watercraft by Renter or a member of Renter's party. Renter hereby holds PLPR harmless from and against any such claims.
- Assumption of Risk; Release of Liability. Renter agrees and understands that boating is a hazardous and inherently dangerous activity. Renter further understands that the use of watercraft involves a risk in injury to any and all parts of the user's body and possible death. Renter hereby agrees to freely and expressly assume and accept all risks associated with the use of the equipment rented hereunder.
Renter hereby releases PLPR, its owners, members, officers, employees, representatives, affiliates, managers, successors, and assigns ("Releasees") from any and all liability for damage and injury or death to Renter or any other person or property resulting from the selection, maintenance, or use of the equipment rented hereunder, and for any claim based upon negligence, breach of warranty, contract, claim, or other legal theory, accepting his or herself, the Renter, full responsibility for any and all such damages or injury which may result from such use.
The Renter hereby acknowledges having read and understood the terms and conditions set forth in this PARIS LANDING PONTOON RENTAL, LLC AGREEMENT.
March 25, 2023