All information is collected by Ivonne Sanchez Beauty pursuant to O. Reg. 136/18: PERSONAL SERVICE SETTINGS and The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA “).
The words “I”, “you” and “your" are used interchangeably throughout this agreement and in all cases refer to you the client who is receiving the treatment or procedure.
“Eyelash Extensions" add synthetic hairs to the base of natural lash hairs, providing the appearance of length and volume. Eyelash extensions may last up to 4 weeks, depending on each individual hair and its stage in the growth cycle, and other lifestyle factors.
“Practitioner”, “technician”, “instructor” and “we” means 10981508 CANADA INC. (“Ivonne Sanchez Beauty”), its staff or contractors.
SECTION 1: ACKNOWLEDGMENTS AND AGREEMENTS
Please read each statement and sign the end of this document to accept your acknowledgement and agreement to the following:
That I have been given a copy of this Consent and Liability Release (the "Release") prior to the EYELASH EXTENSION technique being performed on me.
That it is my responsibility to advise the technician of any concerns I may have before participating as a client/customer and having this service performed on me, even though I may have written it down in this Release.
That I have read and accepted the risks set forth in Section 2. I have been given the opportunity to ask questions, either by written or verbal communication, prior to signing this Release. As a result, I have sufficient information to give this informed consent.
That I must complete the Health Questionnaire in Section 3 before I can have this service performed on me. I understand my participation as a client may be refused depending on my responses, including but not limited to, if I am pregnant, nursing or if I have any allergies or contraindications.
That no warranty or guarantee has been made to me as a result of the EYELASH EXTENSION technique, and that the final result cannot be guaranteed as every client is unique.
SECTION 2: RISKS
I acknowledge and accept the following risks:
1. During the treatment, despite all precautionary measures, injury is possible. I will not hold the technician or business performing this service on me responsible in any way for any damages or issues that may arise as a result of having the EYELASH EXTENSION procedure performed on me.
2. Despite application of the most advanced and top ingredients, an allergic reaction is possible.
3. Despite all measures taken, the risk of with EYELASH EXTENSION is that some of the products or tools could make contact with the eyes, or eye area, resulting in temporary redness, swelling or permanent pain, or chronic eye conditions, up to temporary or permanent vision loss. Although a low risk of infection it is possible to contract pink eye (conjunctivitis), which is transmitted by direct or indirect contact with infectious eye secretions via contaminated hands, equipment, objects, or solutions. All clients are advised not to touch their eyes without first washing their hands with hot soapy water. Infections may occur due to a contaminated environment, client's own bacteria, contaminated and/or improperly preprocesed equipment, or unclean hands touching the area.
There is also a risk that the root of the lashes may press or bend against the skin of the eyelid, causing redness, swelling and pain. This is not the same as an allergic reaction or infection, but must be deal with promptly.
4. The minimum or maximum duration of the EYELASH EXTENSIONS from the procedure cannot be determined with certainty and any timelines provided are an approximation.
5. The technician and the business performing the service on me will not liable for any damages caused to me or my EYELASHES in any way caused by any reason, including allergic reaction, reaction to previous procedures such as previous lash extensions, lash lifts, or lash tints, on the lashes, skin sensitivity, and my failure to follow the Eyelash Extension Aftercare Instructions. As part of the aftercare, apply an approved lash extension product developed specifically for EYELASH EXTENSIONS to prolong the results.
Since December 2018 Ivonne Sanchez Beauty has closely monitored the success rate of its lash extension service. Our findings show that only 7% of our clients return to have their lashes prematurely fixed or removed. The primary reason for lash recall is due to not following aftercare recommendations.
I agree as follows:
- I understand that should I have any concerns about the possiblity of a reaction or allergy that I will first arrange a glue sensitivity test separately.
- I understand that should I choose to have hypoallergnic glue applied for the procedure to avoid any allergic response that this is not a cure-all, that eye irritation may still be experienced, though the chances are quite low.
- I understand that should I require or choose hypoallergenic glue that I will request hypoallerenic glue from my technician for all future appointments.
- I understand that perming and tinting chemicals and preservatives used in the service are irritants and may cause ocular discomfort. Some serums can cause redness, irritation or chronic meibomian gland dysfunction.
- I agree that I have not had any ocular surgeries, including blepharoplatsty (eyelid lifts) or LASIK within the last 12 months.
- I agree that a history of eye allergies, eye infections, styes, sensitive eyes, watery eyes or chronic dry eye are contraindications for eyelash or eyebrow services and that I must first have a letter of approval from my doctor before proceeding.
- I realize that my body is unique and the technician or any of the technician's associates cannot predict how my skin may react as a result of the procedure.
- I understand that in order to maintain a full, consistent lash look that I must:
a) not expose my new lashes to water, heat, steam or sweat for the first 24 hours.
b) be cautious and careful not to sleep on one side of my face over the other
c) not pull on my lashes
d) use a lash conditioner as prescribed in the lash after care instructions on our website
- I understand that lashes need to be re-filled or reapplied at regular intervals to maintain the best look. It is recommended to refill every 2 weeks for the most optimal look, however 3 and 4 week fills may also be possible. It is increasingly rare that lash extensions last beyond 4 weeks to the extent that they can simply be refilled. Beyond 4 weeks less than 20% of the lashes remain and clients are therefore a candidate for a full new set.
- I understand that lash extensions naturally shed with my natural lash hair and that each of my natural lash hairs shed on separate lash cycles every 4 weeks. As such, lash extensions are attached only to lash hairs in the mature or final growth stages.
- I understand that it is my responsiblity to be prepared for my appointment and to ensure that:
a) I have removed any eye makeup prior to the appointment
b) That I have removed my contacts and stored them safely before the scheduled appointment
c) Had a snack and used the restroom prior to starting the appointment as the duration can be 90 minutes or longer.
- I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NO GUARANTEES HAVE BEEN MADE TO ME CONCERNING THE RESULTS OF THIS PROCEDURE AND THAT IF I AM A NEW LASH CLIENT THAT I MUST WORK TOGETHER WITH MY LASH TECHNICIAN OVER TIME TO FIND THE BEST APPROACH AND METHODS.
- I understand that I have 7 days to schedule my lash fix should there be any problems related to the service. Beyond 7 days it may not be possible to resolve any outstanding issues without performing a fill at cost to me.
- I understand that tropical destinations where intense heat and exposure to water will damage my lashes and that Ivonne Sanchez Beauty will not be held responsible for any performance issues that arise from bring in such environments.
- I accept full responsibility for determining the final look. As a new client to lash extensions it is not always understood what volume or style we are truly comfortable with until we have been through the process a few times.
- I understand that if I am receiving these services at a discounted rate e.g. as a model in the beauty training program, that the service times and work product will not be the same as a regular service and that I am willing to work with the business or the trainee to support their learning.
- I understand that there are no refunds.
I have read and understand the contents of this consent.
Cancellation Policy and Reminders.
All bookings are recorded in an online booking system. This system will send an e-mail confirmation to you of your scheduled appointment at the time that the scheduling is made. The booking system will also send a follow-up reminder e-mail 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. Unfortunately, we do not have a telephone reminder service.
A $100 deposit may be taken for services over $200 in order to secure your reservation. This will be applied to your scheduled service subject to the cancellation policy.
I understand and agree to the above cancellation policy.
Customer Satisfaction and Feedback.
If I am unhappy with the results or service, I will not take to the internet to air my grievances of Ivonne Sanchez, Ivonne Sanchez Beauty, its staff or contractors in any online forum including but not limited to: Google Reviews, Facebook Reviews, Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. I will instead contact Ivonne Sanchez Beauty or my lash technician privately in order to allow her to work with me to find a solution.
Today's Date: July 3, 2020