In consideration of the services of REESE FIREARMS, INC., their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as " REESE FIREARMS "), I hereby agree to release and discharge REESE FIREARMS, on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
I acknowledge that target practice at a shooting range entails known and unanticipated risks which could result in serious physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, dismemberment, or damage to myself, to property, or to other persons.
The risks include, but are not limited to:
- Participation may result in the undersigned or other persons being shot by a firearm; suffering hearing loss; eye injury or loss; inhalation or contact with airborne contaminants and or flying debris, slipping or falling on uneven or loose terrain, and hazards associated with a firing range.
- I further certify that I have no medical, mental or physical conditions which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or if such conditions exist, I have made an informed judgment that they are minor, and I am willing to assume the risks that my conditions create, directly or indirectly, and bear the costs and responsibilities for those conditions.
- I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
- I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless REESE FIREARMS from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of REESE FIREARMS equipment or facilities, including any such Claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of REESE FIREARMS.
- Should REESE FIREARMS or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
- I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage to myself or others.
- I have full and complete understanding of gun safety, deadly force, the NC Minor Storage Act, and NC Concealed Carry Laws.
- The parties hereby waive the right to a trial by jury in any action or proceeding related to the subject matter of this agreement. If a dispute arises out of or relates to this agreement, any liability release, the assumption of liability or assumption of risk, or any injury or claim by the participant against REESE FIREARMS, the parties agree.
§ 14-315.1. Storage of firearms to protect minors.
(a) Any person who resides in the same premises as a minor, owns or possesses a firearm, and stores or leaves the firearm (i) in a condition that the firearm can be discharged and (ii) in a manner that the person knew or should have known that an unsupervised minor would be able to gain access to the firearm, is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor if a minor gains access to the firearm without the lawful permission of the minor's parents or a person having charge of the minor and the minor:
(1) Possesses it in violation of G.S. 14-269.2(b);
(2) Exhibits it in a public place in a careless, angry, or threatening manner;
(3) Causes personal injury or death with it not in self defense; or
(4) Uses it in the commission of a crime.
(b) Nothing in this section shall prohibit a person from carrying a firearm on his or her body, or placed in such close proximity that it can be used as easily and quickly as if carried on the body.
(c) This section shall not apply if the minor obtained the firearm as a result of an unlawful entry by any person.
(d) "Minor" as used in this section means a person under 18 years of age who is not emancipated. (1993, c. 558, s. 2; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 14, s. 11.)
While extensive sanitation is done daily Reese Firearms is not responsible for participants catching influenza, Covid-19, common cold, or other virus transmissions associated with gatherings.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against REESE FIREARMS, INC. on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
DATE SIGNED: October 20, 2020