Informed Consent and Waiver
Today's Date: October 26, 2021
In consideration of entry into training with Moxie Movement LLC DBA Chapel Hill Movement Gym (hereafter referred to as C.HILL MOVEMENT), I the undersigned intend to be legally bound and do hereby agree to be legally bound for myself and for all successors in interest I may have, by this Contract, Waiver and Release of Liability, and hereby agree to hold harmless and indemnify C.HILL MOVEMENT, as well as all officers, members, employees, assistants, volunteers, assigns, or agents of any type whatsoever acting on or in behalf of the aforementioned entities and persons, against any claims for damages or other claims for injuries or losses of any kind suffered by me or any others, directly or indirectly, arising out of any practice, instructions, or other activity related to this program as well as participation in this program or traveling to or from this program or any other activity related to this program.
I understand that the activities, exercises and training methods to be taught may not be appropriate for all people and may, in some cases, cause injury or aggravate existing injuries. I certify that I am physically able to participate in this activity and will further hold C.HILL MOVEMENT, as well as any and all officers, members, employees, assistants, volunteers, assigns, or agents of any type whatsoever acting on or in behalf of the aforementioned entities and persons, harmless for any injury sustained in the course of this training due to any physical defect or condition that I may have, whether now known or hereinafter discovered. I further acknowledge that in consideration for this training, this release shall not expire and shall be considered effective in perpetuity. I also understand that all exercises, training methods and concepts are to be used at my own risk and that the aforementioned trainers and entities assume no responsibility for my actions.
I acknowledge if I am uncomfortable with any activity, exercise or training program within the course that I may immediately state so, and that it is my right and responsibility to remove myself from the situation immediately and that I am encouraged to do so.
I have understood all that is expressed in this waiver and release of liability, and I certify that I am of sound judgment, legally competent to agree to this waiver.
Additionally, I certify that I am / am not (check one) eighteen years of age or older, or a legally emancipated adult.
PAR-Q & Medical Clearance:
A medical clearance form is required of all participants who answer "yes" to any of the seven PAR-Q questions. Note: Staff reserve the right to require medical clearance from any client they feel may be at risk.
All personal training sessions are one hour. At request, personal training sessions may also be 30 minutes in length and will count for half of a session (not applicable on a Personal Training Introduction Purchase, Single Session purchase or Partner package purchases). Small group class sessions will be one hour in length.
Come prepared to each training session in proper workout attire (shorts, gym pants, T-shirt). Shoes are optional and left up to the discretion of the participant. Participants arriving unprepared for their training session may lose the session.
Clients are responsible for arriving on-time to their sessions.
Trainers are obligated to wait only 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, the trainer is not required to lead the remaining time of the session and the session may be lost.
For small group classes, attendees are expected to arrive before the designated start time. Please respect your coaches and fellow members by not being late.
Class Reservation and Cancellation Policies:
For small group classes, your spot must be reserved via the designated software reservation system (currently Zen Planner). Please be considerate of your fellow members by only reserving spots for classes you intend to attend.
If a class does not have anyone signed up, it may be canceled by the teacher. Please reserve your spot as soon as possible in order to prevent this.
Classes may be canceled up to one hour prior to start time. If you wish to cancel your attendance in a class, please do so greater than one hour before start time or you will be unable to cancel.
Personal Training Cancellation Policies:
Clients are asked to call 24 hours in advance of the scheduled training session. You will be charged for appointments canceled with fewer than 24 hours notice. Failure to contact your trainer will result in a session loss.
PRICING AND REFUND POLICIES
Please note that our punch cards have expiration dates on them. 5-class passes expire two months from purchase, and 10-class passes expire three months from purchase. Please use the classes before their expiration
None of our memberships require contracts.
- Full refunds are only available within 48 hours of purchase, if the membership has not been used at all.
- Beyond 48 hours, C.HILL MOVEMENT will refund a maximum of 50% of the purchase price if unused. If the membership has been partially used, we will refund a maximum of 50% of the remaining amount.
- If you are purchasing a monthly recurring membership, you may cancel at any time with no cancellation fee. If you need to cancel, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a clear request to cancel. Cancellation date will be upon completion of the month of the request.
- We will not refund previous months of a membership just because you did not use them or because you “meant to” cancel earlier.
- If you purchased one membership but later decide that you wanted a different one, please finish the current membership first, then purchase a new one.
- C.HILL MOVEMENT does not offer refunds on any packages that have expired. We cannot extend memberships after their expiration. Please choose a package that you will use prior to the indicated expiration date.
- Discounts are available on a case-by-case basis for additional family members. We do not offer standard private discounts.
These policies exist for several reasons:
- We are a small local business, and we wish to spend the majority of our time on coaching as opposed to sitting at a desk making adjustments to memberships.
- We want to keep membership prices as low as possible, and the quickest way to raise our costs is to increase admin time. Maintaining these policies decreases our admin time.
- We provide a wide variety of membership options to suit your needs. We also do not require contracts. This allows you to pick what’s the best fit for you.
- At C.HILL MOVEMENT we like to practice mindset, personal responsibility, and other aspects of individual philosophy that can better one’s life. As such, we expect our members to be thoughtful about their purchases.
Some packages are cheaper per class because they require less administrative involvement. Please choose the membership that best suits your needs, and that you are willing to adhere to.
Your health and well-being is an investment, and should be approached as such.
We’ll do our best to provide a wide variety of membership options, keep prices as low as possible, and of course provide top-notch coaching. In exchange, please be mindful to understand your membership and the policies of the gym.