RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL WAIVE CERTAIN
LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!
TO: Skyline Deerhurst Resort Inc., Deerhurst Resort and their respective directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, independent contractors, subcontractors, representatives, sponsors, successors and assigns and to the Manufacturers and Distributors of the Rental Equipment, and their Directors, Officers, Employees, Agents and Representatives (the “Releasees”)
AS PART OF MY CONSIDERATION FOR THE USE OF THE RELEASEES’ RENTAL EQUIPMENT AND RESORT PREMISES (which includes its trails, roads, parking and other facilities, collectively referred to as the “Premises”), I AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
- I/We further agree to pay for any and all damages to the Equipment caused by my/our use of the Equipment , which payment for damages may be made by deduction from the above mentioned credit card deposit
- I/We may only operate the Equipment in the area and on the trails shown on the maps provided by Deerhurst, designated by Deerhurst or to be traversed during an excursion facilitated by Deerhurst.
- I/We must always wear a helmet which is/are fastened properly.
- I/We will attend to receive instruction from Deerhurst and will not use the Equipment until we are fully comfortable we have received adequate instruction and all my/our questions have been answered.
- I/We must treat the Equipment with respect, especially until I/we learn/experience its capabilities.
- I/We must always ensure I/We am/are wearing appropriate footgear.
- I/We must keep my/our hands on the handlebars at all times.
- I/We must negotiate slopes and narrow trails with caution.
- I/We must never carry a passenger on the Equipment.
- I/We represent and warrant that I/we am/ are knowledgeable in the use and operation of bicycles.
- I/We hereby agree to pay for any and all damages to the Equipment.
- I/We understand that there is an element of risk of injury in biking and all activities that generally accompany biking.
- I/We understand that according to the Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations Federal Law, all operators of Power Assisted Bicycles must be a minimum of 16yrs of age or older.
- I/We hereby agree not to let any others unnamed on this agreement to operate a FAT Pedal Powered Bicycle.
As a condition of the undersigned using the lands, facilities and/or Equipment of Deerhurst, I/we the undersigned Renter (s) or the duly authorized legal guardian(s) of the Renter(s) (if applicable), assume all risk of personal injury, death or property loss or any consequential or indirect loss, resulting from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to;
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
a the inherent risks and hazards of biking,
b travelling to and from biking facilities in nearby parks and recreational areas
c the use of Deerhurst facilities, Equipment, lands and premises, or
d negligence, breach of contract, breach of statutory duty of care or breach of the Occupiers' Liability Act on the part of Deerhurst, their employees, agents, principals, directors, servants and/or representatives and/or the owners, lessors or occupiers of all lands and premises upon which I/we the Renter(s) or the duly authorized legal guardian(s) of the Renter(s) may from time to time be biking on.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY - In Consideration of the Releasees allowing me to rent the equipment and use the premises, I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against the Releasees and TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury including death that I may suffer, or that my next of kin may suffer either directly or indirectly, as a result of my use of the Equipment and the Premises, due to any cause whatsoever, including negligence, breach of contract, or breach of any statutory or other duty of care including any duty of care owed under the Occupiers’ Liability Act, R.S.O. 1990, c.O.2 on the part of Releasees, and also including the failure on the part of the Releasees to safeguard or protect me from the risks, dangers and hazards of biking and related activities.
2. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any damage to property of or personal injury to, any third party, resulting from my use of the Equipment or the Premises;
3. This Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity;
4. This Agreement and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and no other jurisdiction; and
5. That any litigation involving the parties to this Agreement shall be brought within the Province of Ontario and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of Ontario.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT. BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM AGREEING TO THE FOLLOWING:
I. THAT I AM ASSUMING ALL RISK OF INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE WITH RESPECT TO THE EQUIPMENT, THE ACTIVITY I WILL BE PARTICIPATING IN AND THE USE OF THE PREMISES;
II. THAT I AM WAIVING ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AGAINST THE RELEASEES, ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND MY HEIRS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS; AND
III. THAT I WILL INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES IF ANY SUCH CLAIMS ARE BROUGHT AGAINST THEM.
I/We the undersigned as the Legal Guardian for the Renters named as listed above hereby agree to indemnify and save harmless Skyline Deerhurst Resort Inc., , agents, principals, directors, servants, representatives and/or the owners, lessors or occupiers of all lands and premises upon which the Renter(s) may from time to time be biking or participating in a Deerhurst facilitated biking excursion, from any and all Judgments or Orders for the payment of money or money equivalent, claims and demands, suits, or actions, of whatever nature including any claims for contribution and indemnity and all solicitor and client costs of responding to or defending such claims, demands suits or actions, which may be brought by the Renters, the Renter(s) personal representative(s) or by any person in favour of the Renters(s), arising out of, or in connection with, the use of the facilities and/or equipment of Skyline Deerhurst Resort Inc. by the Renter(s).
Today's Date: January 18, 2021
Privacy Notice: Skyline Deerhurst Resort respects your privacy. Any personal information we collect is used only to develop products, services and offers, communicate with our customers and complete the transactions that ultimately deliver our products and services to you. Your personal information is not shared, without your consent, with third parties for the purpose of marketing or selling their products or services.