RELEASE; PAYMENT OF EXPENSES
TOTALLY TUBULAR, JANUARY 2018
- The undersigned parent(s) or legal guardian(s) (“Parent”) grants permission for their son or daughter (“Child”) to participate in Cedar Park Assembly of God’s 2018 Totally Tubular Tweens (“Event”) to be held at and around Hyak Park at Snoqualmie Pass.
- Parent expressly grants Cedar Park permission to transport Child to and from the event. Parent understands and accepts that surface conditions on roads, parking lots, walkways, stairs and any other area exposed to the elements of nature are subject to the deposit, melting and freezing (and refreezing) of snow, rain, sleet, hail and ice such that walking and/or driving on such surfaces may become dangerous. Parent expressly understands assumes all risks associated with transportation.
- Parent expressly understands that participation in winter activities and the Event (including the sport of “Snow Sliding” in all forms), the use of snow equipment (including sleds and inner-tubes) involve risks of property damage, injury or death that no amount of care, caution instruction or expertise can eliminate. These dangers include, but are not limited to, variations in terrain and surface conditions, falls, loss of control, collisions with other individuals or with natural and man-made objects.
- The Parent expressly warrants that the Child is capable of withstanding the physical demands of the activities involved at the Event, including rigorous physical activities, such as, but not limited to, outdoor and indoor sports, hiking, sledding and inner-tubing. The Parent expressly warrants that the child is capable of activities that are physically demanding.
- The Parent grants permission to Cedar Park and its employees and agents to seek and secure any medical attention or treatment for the Child including hospitalization, if in the agent’s opinion such need arises and Cedar Park is unable to contact the Parent. The Parent gives consent to any licensed physician to administer drugs or medicine or to perform such medical procedures as that physician determines necessary for the relief of pain and to preserve the Child’s life or health. Additionally, Parent hereby grants permission for Cedar Park or its qualified agents to administer basic medical treatment in the event such need arises.
- The Parent agrees to assume the responsibility for all medical, transportation, rescue and other related expenses incurred on behalf of the Child.
- The Parent releases and agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Cedar Park, its directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims for personal injury (including loss of life) and all other losses or damages (except those caused entirely by the gross negligence or intentional conduct of Cedar Park Assembly) that the Child or the Parent may suffer as a result of the Child’s participation and/or enrollment at the Event, whether or not the actual risk is known or unknown to Parent.
- On occasion, Cedar Park takes photographs or makes an audio or video tape recording of children involved in church activities. Such photographs or video records may be used by staff and participants to remember the activities or participants. In addition, such photographs and audio/visual recordings may be used in Cedar Park publications or advertising materials to let others know about Cedar Park’s ministry. The Parent consents to the use of any such audio or visual record of the Child named above to be used, distributed, or displayed as agents of the church see fit. This consent includes but is not limited to: photographs, videotape, and audio recordings.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS A RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY.