Pre Care Waxing Instructions:
- Length of hair must to be at least ¼ inch long
- No shaving for at least 2-3 weeks.
- It is recommended to take a hot shower before your waxing appointment.
- Don’t use any lotions or creams in the area to be waxed.
- A pain reliever/anti-inflammatory, not aspirin or NSAIDS, can be taken 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Let us know if you have been on any skin medications that could affect your waxing service. These include acne medications such as Accutane, Alpha or Beta Hydroxy Acids, Antibiotics, Benzoyl Peroxide, Differin, Retin-A/Retinol or any other skin thinning medication.
- Reduce intake of caffeine day of your appointment as it can stimulate the nervous system, making you more sensitive to waxing.
- Avoid spray tanning, sun bathing, and tanning bed within 24 hours of waxing, before or after
Post Care Waxing Instructuons:
After your treatment the skin may feel and look a little sore. If you are going on a vacation it is best to be waxed at least four days before you go. Sweating may cause the hair follicles to become infected (Folliculitus), so you are advise to avoid the following:
- Avoid exercise, hot bath, sauna, steam, hot tub, pools and beaches 24 hours after waxing.
- Prevent sweating if possible, it can carry bacteria into the pores and can irritate the skin after waxing.
- Use Aquafor, aloe vera gel, antibiotic ointment, antifungal products, antimicrobial products, Finipil cream, or Tend Skin products, if necessary.
- Avoid tight clothing after waxing, especially in the waxed areas. Tight clothing may result in irritation and ingrown hairs.
- Daily exfoliation is recommended to prevent ingrowns hairs (mix salt, sugar and cococnut oil for a home made, easy exfoliator)
I understand that I can read these Pre and Post Care instruction on Wewaxthat.com under the Q&A Male or Female Waxing page at any time.
I understand that I am fully responsible to take all advise given for Pre and Post Waxing Instructions before and after I receive a service from We Wax That! Spa.
I understand my waxing service may be painful and I may experience dots of blood which is normal and/or I may have a reaction to waxing (especially if this is the first time I am receiving a waxing service).
Today's Date: August 7, 2020