LA PLAYA SKINCARE WAIVER
You have agreed to participate in an airbrush tanning session to achieve a "sunless" tan on your skin. To help you best achieve your desired results, please read the following material carefully and acknowledge your understanding and agreement by signing below.
Spray tanning is accomplished by application of a solution containing the active ingredient Dihydrocxaceytone (DHA). DHA is considered to be safe and has been FDA approved in cosmetic use, but it does not contain sunscreen and does not provide any UV protection or protection from the suns harmful rays. Repeated exposure of unprotected skin to UV light may increase the risk of skin aging, skin cancer, and other harmful effects to the skin even if you do not burn. Use SPF sun protection as usual. The FDA recommends that you take the following measures to protect against ingestion or inhalation during your sunless session by using:
- Protective eyewear
- Nose filters
- Sealing lips with lip balm
- Protective undergarments
* Your sunless professional will have all FDA recommended protective items available for you at your appointment.
* Caution- Pregnant or nursing women should consult their physican before using.
* If you have sensitive skin or allergies to sunless products containing DHA/sunless tanning solutions, or if you are unsure whether you may be allergic to DHA or the ingredients in the spray tan solution, we strongly suggest consulting your physician prior to tanning. Please read the ingredients list if you have any concerns or any known allergies. Allergic reactions such as minor rash are extremely rare, but possible. If you have never used a sunless tanning product, we suggest a patch test 24 hours before the full body application. La Playa Skincare and the spray tan technician are not responsible for any allergic or adverse reactions that may occur after or during use.
* If you have a history of asthma or other respiratory or medical conditions that could be aggravated by the use of the airbrush tanning process, please consult a physician before proceeding. Inform your spray tan technician about any past allergic reactions with DHA products or other concerns. La Playa Skincare and the spray tan technician are not responsible for any aggravation of any medical conditions or reactions that may occur after or during use.
* Some of the ingredients in our solution contain a sugar base and application can cause a rise in blood sugar levels. If you are a diabetic or have medical conditions that can be affected or aggravated by a rise in blood sugar, please consult your physician before use.
* You should prepare your skin for your session prior to your arrival. Skin should be free of deodorant, sweat, fragrances, lotions, and it should be clean, dry, exfoliated (removal of dead, dry skin cells) and shaved. Remove all make-up and do not wear jewelry of any kind. If you attend an airbrush tanning session without proper preparation, La Playa Skincare and its technicians cannot guarantee lasting or satisfactory results.
* All people are different.. Be advised there is a small percentage of people whose skin may not react favorably to spray tanning. For this reason, we do NOT advise being sprayed for the first time when your appearance is critcal (Wedding/special occasion).
* The bronzing and tanning solutions used during your session have the potential to stain clothing. We recommend that you wear something dark in color that can be stained without concern, such as an old swimsuit or undergarments. Some clients purchase an inexpensive swimsuit dedicated to their tanning sessions. For your convenience, disposable thong underwear, which create minimal tan lines are available from your technician. After your tanning session, you should wear dark, loose fitting clothes.
* It is also possible that the solution may transfer to other clothing, furniture, or car seats after your session. Washing or dry-cleaning will usually, but not always, remove the color. We suggest bringing a towel to cover your car seat.
* La Playa Skincare and its technicians are not responsible for potential stains to hair, clothing, carpeting, flooring, walls, or upholstery. Please be conscientious and careful.
* Your tanning session will take approximately 15-20 minutes. After spraying, your skin should be dry before putting your clothes back on and you should not bathe, shower, or sweat excessively for 8-9 hours for the original tan or 2-4 hours for the rapid tan. Exposure to excess moisture before this time period may affect your results. When your session is over the solution will give you an immediate bronzing effect. When you bathe, the bronzer will come off and your true tan color will continue to develop over 24 hrs. Please be advised your tan outcome can be affected by your hormone levels, cycle time, certain facial/body products, medication use or a medical condition.
* La Playa Skincare and its technicians will not be held responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged personal items.
*The airbrush tanning process has been explained to me and I herby agree to allow La Playa Skincare and its technicians to apply spray tan solution to my skin using the airbrush tanning process.
* To my knowledge, I have no medical condition or allergy which would preclude me from having this procedure done. I agree to hold harmless of any medical complications that may arise and I have been advised to discontinue use if any reaction occurs. I understand that the results of airbrush tanning do vary and that no guarantees of specific results are offered or implied. I herby release this establishment, as well as the airbrush technician, and hold them harmless from any liability involved in the use of or arising during the tanning process. I also agree to first contact La Playa Skincare if for any reason I am dissatisfied with my results. I have been honest and accurate about the information that I have provided on this waiver. I take sole responsibility of any reaction I may have, staining of clothing and/or personal belongings.
I have read and completely understand this consent form.
Date Signed: June 24, 2019