In consideration of the services of Vegas Aqua LLC DBA Lake Las Vegas Watersports, Signal Butte Investors LLC, Montelago Village Association, LLV Master Association, LLV Marina LLC, LLV Recovery Acquisition, and Pacific Capital Management, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as "LLVW"), I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge LLVW, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that my participation in standup paddleboards, kayak, flyboarding, boat tours, water cable park, and inflatable water park activities entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: passengers can be jolted, jarred, bounced, thrown about and otherwise shaken during rides; collision with fixed or movable objects, vehicles, or other watercraft; boat capsize and entrapment; my own ability to swim safety; accidental drowning; watercraft are slippery when wet and accidents can occur getting in or out; the forces of nature including extremes of weather, lightning and rapid weather changes; exposure to sun, strong wind, cold, large waves, eddies and whirlpools, tidal conditions, surf and currents; exposure to temperature and weather extremes which could cause cold water shock, hypothermia, hyperthermia (heat related illnesses), heat exhaustion, sunburn, and dehydration; exposure to potentially dangerous wild animals, insect bites, and hazardous plant life; aggressive and/or poisonous marine life; musculoskeletal injuries including head, neck, and back injuries; transmissible pathogen or disease; equipment failure and/or operator error; the negligence of other visitors, participants, or other persons who may be present; my own physical condition, and the physical exertion associated with this activity; accidents or illness can occur in remote places without medical facilities and emergency treatment or other services rendered.
Furthermore, LLVW personnel have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant's fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
- I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks. Additionally, I agree to wear a U.S. Coast Guard-approved personal flotation device (life jacket) while participating in all water activities; and a properly fitted and secured certified helmet while participating in flyboarding activities.
- I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless LLVW from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use LLVW’s equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of LLVW.
- Should LLVW or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur lawyer's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
- I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
- In the event that I file a lawsuit against LLVW, I agree to do so solely in the state of Nevada and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against LLVW on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. I also agree that this document is valid for subsequent visits and participation at LLVW. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.