ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY FORM
I, Initial Box_HEREBY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN The Hallway Escape LLC event, The
Hallway Escape LLC and all of its employees including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault.
I certify that I am physically fit for participation in the activity or event and I certify that there are no health related reasons or problems which preclude my participation in this activity or event. I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form will be used by the event holders, and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said activity or event. I acknowledge that management reserves the right to ask me to leave at anytime. In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate in this event, I hereby take action formyself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows:
(A) I WAIVE, RELEASE, DISCHARGE from any and all liability, including but not limited to,liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for mydeath, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kindwhich may hereafter occur to me including my traveling to and from this event, THEFOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: The Hallway Escape LLC, and its employees.
(B) I INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the entities or personsmentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result ofparticipation in this activity or event, whether caused by the negligence of release or otherwise.
I acknowledge that The Hallway Escapy LLC and their directors, officers, volunteers, representatives, and agents are NOT responsible for the errors, omissions, acts or failures to act of any party or entity conducting a specific event or activity.
I acknowledge that this activity or event may involve a test of a person’s physical and mental limits and may carry with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss.
I understand that at this event or related activities, I may be photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the event holders, producers, sponsors,organizers, and assigns. I understand that due to confidentiality, I cannot take photos, video, recordings or film likeness while in the escape room.
The accident waiver and release of liability shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT, AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT AND I SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
(the "Agreement") BETWEEN:
The Hallway Escape LLC of 218 Huron Ave (the "Information Provider")
- AND -
Initial Box (the"Recipient") OF THE SECOND PART BACKGROUND:
A. The Information Provider and the Recipient desire to enter into a confidentiality agreement with regard to: The storyline, puzzles and secrets of The Hallway Escape are not to be disclosed to anyone outside of your group in anyway this includes, but is not limited to, posting about the content of the rooms on any public platform, forum digital or otherwise. (the "Permitted Purpose").
B. In connection with the Permitted Purpose, the Recipient will receive certain confidential information (the 'Confidential Information'). IN CONSIDERATION OF and as a condition of the Information Provider providing the Confidential Information to the Recipient in addition to other valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which consideration is hereby acknowledged, the parties to this
Agreement agree as follows: Confidential Information
1. All written and oral information and materials disclosed or provided by the Information Provider to the Recipient under this Agreement constitute Confidential Information regardless of whether such
information was provided before or after the date of this Agreement or how it was provided to the Recipient.
2. 'Confidential Information' means all data and information relating to the product or products of the Information Provider as well as all data and information relating to the Information Provider, including but not limited to, the following: a. 'Intellectual Property' which includes information relating to the Information Provider's proprietary rights prior to any public disclosure of such information, including but not limited to the nature of the proprietary rights, production data, technical and engineering data, technical concepts, test data and test results, simulation results, the status and details of research and development of products and services, and information regarding acquiring, protecting, enforcing and licensing proprietary rights (including patents, copyrights and trade secrets); b. 'Business Operations' which includes internal personnel and financial information of the Information Provider, vendor names and other vendor information (including vendor characteristics, services and agreements), purchasing and internal cost information, internal services and operational manuals, external business contacts including those stored on social media accounts or other similar platforms or databases operated by the Information Provider, and the manner and methods of conducting the Information Provider's business; c. 'Product Information' which includes all specifications for products of the Information Provider as well as work product resulting from or related to work or projects of the Information Provider, of any type or form in any stage of actual or anticipated research and development; d. 'Production Processes' which includes processes used in the creation, production and manufacturing of the work product of the Information Provider, including but not
limited to, formulas, patterns, molds, models, methods, techniques, specifications, processes, procedures, equipment, devices, programs, and designs; e. 'Service Information' which includes all data
and information relating to the services provided by the Information Provider, including but not limited to, plans, schedules, manpower, inspection, and training information; and f. Confidential Information will also include any information that has been disclosed by a third party to the Information Provider and is protected by a non-disclosure agreement entered into between the third party and the Information
3. Confidential Information will not include the following information: a. Information that is generally known in the industry of the Information Provider; b. Information that is now or subsequently becomes generally available to the public through no wrongful act of the Recipient; c. Information rightly in the possession of the Recipient prior to the disclosure to the Recipient by the Information Provider; d. Information that is independently created by the Recipient without direct or indirect use of the Confidential Information; or e. Information that the Recipient rightfully obtains from a third party who has the right to transfer or disclose it.
4. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Confidential Information will remain the exclusive property of the Information Provider and will only be used by the Recipient for the Permitted Purpose. The Recipient will not use the Confidential Information for any purpose that might be directly or indirectly detrimental to the Information Provider or any associated affiliates or subsidiaries.
5. The obligations to ensure and protect the confidentiality of the Confidential Information imposed on the Recipient in this Agreement and any obligations to provide notice under this Agreement will survive the expiration or termination, as the case may be, of this Agreement and those obligations will last indefinitely.
6. The Recipient may disclose any of the Confidential Information: a. to such employees, agents, representatives and advisors of the Recipient that have a need to know for the Permitted Purpose
provided that: i. the Recipient has informed such personnel of the confidential nature of the Confidential Information; ii. such personnel agree to be legally bound to the same burdens of non-disclosure and non-use as the Recipient; iii. the Recipient agrees to take all necessary steps to ensure that the terms of this Agreement are not violated by such personnel; and Non-Disclosure Agreement Page 4 of 8 iv. the Recipient agrees to be responsible for and indemnify the Information Provider for any breach of this Agreement by their personnel. b. to a third party where the Information Provider has consented in writing to such disclosure; and c. to the extent required by law or by the request or requirement of any judicial, legislative, administrative or other governmental body.
7. The Recipient agrees to retain all Confidential Information at their usual place of business and to store all Confidential Information separate from other information and documents held in the same location. Further, the Confidential Information may not be used, reproduced, transformed, or stored on a computer or device that is accessible to persons to whom disclosure may not be made, as set out in this Agreement. Ownership and Title
8. Nothing contained in this Agreement will grant to or create in the Recipient, either expressly or impliedly, any right, title, interest or license in or to the intellectual property of the Information Provider.
9. The Recipient agrees and acknowledges that the Confidential Information is of a proprietary and confidential nature and that any disclosure of the Confidential Information to a third party in breach of this Agreement cannot be reasonably or adequately compensated for in money damages and would cause irreparable injury to the Information Provider. Accordingly, the Recipient agrees that the Information Provider is entitled to, in addition to all other rights and remedies available to it at law or in equity, an injunction restraining the Recipient and any agents of the Recipient, from directly or indirectly committing or engaging in any act restricted by this Agreement in relation to the Confidential Information. Return of
10. The Recipient will keep track of all Confidential Information provided to them and the location of such information. The Information Provider may at any time request the return of all Confidential Information from the Recipient. Upon the request of the Information Provider, or in the event that the Recipient ceases to require use of the Confidential Information, or upon the expiration or termination of this Agreement, the Recipient will:
a. return all Confidential Information to the Information Provider and will not retain any copies of this information; b. destroy or have destroyed all memoranda, notes, reports and other works
based on or derived from the Recipient's review of the confidential information; and c. provide a certificate to the Information Provider that such materials have been destroyed or returned, as the
case may be.
11. In the event that the Recipient is required in a civil, criminal or regulatory proceeding to disclose any part of the Confidential Information, the Recipient will give to the Information Provider prompt written notice of such request so the Information Provider may seek an appropriate remedy or alternatively to waive the Recipient's compliance with the provisions of this Agreement in regards to the request.
12. If the Recipient loses or makes unauthorized disclosure of any of the Confidential Information, the Recipient will immediately notify the Information Provider and take all reasonable steps necessary to retrieve the lost or improperly disclosed Confidential Information.
14. The addresses for any notice to be delivered to any of the parties to this Agreement are as follows: a.The Hallway Escape LLC and The Hallway Headquarterts LLC
b. Initial Box
In providing the Confidential Information, the Information Provider makes no representations, either expressly or impliedly as to its adequacy, sufficiency, completeness, correctness or its lack of
defect of any kind, including any patent or trademark infringement that may result from the use of such information.
21. Headings are inserted for the convenience of the parties only and are not to be considered when interpreting this Agreement. Words in the singular mean and include the plural and vice versa.
Words in the masculine mean and include the feminine and vice versa.
22. The clauses, paragraphs, and subparagraphs contained in this Agreement are intended to be read and construed independently of each other. If any part of this Agreement is held to be invalid, this Invalidity will not affect the operation of any other part of this Agreement.
23. The Recipient is liable for all costs, expenses and expenditures including, and without limitation, the complete legal costs incurred by the Information Provider in enforcing this Agreement as a
result of any default of this Agreement by the Recipient.
24. The Information Provider and the Recipient acknowledge that this Agreement is reasonable, valid and enforceable. However, if a court of competent jurisdiction finds any of the provisions of this
Agreement to be too broad to be enforceable, it is the intention of the Information Provider and the Recipient that such provision be reduced in scope by the court only to the extent deemed necessary by that court to render the provision reasonable and enforceable, bearing in mind that it is the intention of the Recipient to give the Information Provider the broadest possible protection against disclosure of the Confidential Information.
25. No failure or delay by the Information Provider in exercising any power, right or privilege provided in this Agreement will operate as a waiver, nor will any single or partial exercise of such rights,
powers or privileges preclude any further exercise of them or the exercise of any other right, power or privilege provided in this Agreement.
26. This Agreement will inure to the benefit of and be binding upon the respective heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, as the case may be, of the Information Provider and
27. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and there are no further items or provisions, either oral or otherwise.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF The Hallway Escape LLC and The Hallway Headquarters LLC AND Initial Box have duly affixed their signatures under hand.
©2002-2018 LawDepot.com™ The Hallway Escape LLC and The Hallway Headquarters LLC AND Additional Signature Box(Recipient)