- Registration and payment for the PFEC Summer Camp must be completed and submitted through the Pearson Field Education Center website. Full payment is required at the time of registration to reserve the child’s space.
- Parents/Guardians must provide a two-week advance written notice for refunds due to vacation, cancellation, schedule changes. Refunds will be offered if children are unable to attend due to family emergencies.
- Children need to arrive between 8:45-9:00am and must be picked between 3:30-3:45pm. Parent/guardian must park their vehicle and walk their child into the Camp and sign the child into the Camp.
- There will be a late-fee assessed for children who are picked up after 3:45 pm. The late fee is $1.00 for each minute past 3:45 pm. Repeated late pick-ups may result in the removal of the participant from the program, with no refund for prepaid programs.
- PFEC are not permitted to administer medication to program participants. In the event of a medical emergency, staff will administer first aid, CPR, and rescue in the best interest of the child. Parents will be contacted if care is administered. Allergy medications may be administered if directed in writing by the child’s parent/guardian.
- Parents and guardians are required to inform the PFEC in writing of any special circumstances which may affect the child’s ability to participate fully and within the guidelines of acceptable behavior, including, but not limited to, any serious behavioral problems or special circumstances regarding psychological, medical, or physical conditions. Once the notice is submitted, a conference will be scheduled with the parent/guardian to discuss the special circumstances and whether the Center can accommodate the circumstances.
- Children should dress appropriately for the activities scheduled. PFEC recommends shorts and a light weight shirt or top, and some type of athletic shoe or sneaker in order to participate in activities. Sandals, flip-flops, rubber “crocs”-style shoes, and other open-toed shoes are not allowed due to safety concerns. Clothing that displays drugs, alcohol, tobacco, offensive language, excessive bagginess, or is excessively revealing will not be permitted.
- Please put the child’s name on all articles of clothing, snack bags, bags, etc. Children may not bring toys, mobile phones, electronic devices, jewelry, money, or any possession of value with them to any of the programs. Children will be responsible for their belongings.
- PFEC staff will create a fun and safe environment for participants in the program. Praise and positive reinforcement are used as effective methods of behavior management. Children who do not respond to these methods or who are destructive to others or to property will be dealt with in a professional, positive, and timely manner to correct the behavior. Refunds for missed days due to a discipline dismissal will not be granted.
NOTE: Immediate dismissal from the program can occur at any time given severe circumstances.
- Lunch is not provided. Children must bring their own lunch, drink and a morning snack. Drinks must be in a non-glass container each day. Snacks and lunch should be in a paper, plastic, or reusable lunch box clearly labeled with the child’s name. Snacks must be peanut-free. Please do not send gum or candy
Specific Activity Permission, Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form
I, the undersigned Parent/Guardian of the above-named Minor, hereby authorize, consent and grant permission for Minor to participate in the Activity. In consideration for The Historic Trust (the "Trust”) allowing Minor to participate in the Activity, I EXPRESSLY AGREE to bind Minor, myself and our respective estates, heirs, and personal representatives or assigns to the following (the “Agreement”):
(1) ASSUMPTION OF ANY AND ALL RISKS. I understand and agree that Minor’s attendance and participation in the Activity is voluntary. The Activity has been explained to me and I fully understand that the Activity carries with it certain inherent risks that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries. The specific risks vary from one activity to another, but may range from (1) minor injuries such as scratches, bruises, and sprains, to (2) major injuries such as eye injury or loss of sight, joint or back injuries, heart attacks, and concussions, to (3) catastrophic injuries including paralysis and death. I know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in the Activity. I also understand that there may be other risks of social or economic losses that are not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time. I hereby expressly and specifically accept and assume all such risks on behalf of myself and Minor, including the risk of the unavailability of emergency medical care and the risk of negligent or intentional acts committed by another person, and accept all losses, costs, and damages that I may incur as a result of Minor’s participation in the Activity.
(2) RELEASE AND AGREEMENT NOT TO SUE. I knowingly and willingly release, forever discharge, and hold harmless Trust its successors, assigns, board of directors, administrators, teachers and volunteers from any and all liability, claims and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from Minor’s participation in the Activity. I understand that this release discharges Trust from any liability or claim that I or Minor may have against Trust with respect to any losses or damages, including without limitation, any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death or property damage, that may result from participation in the Activity, to the extent not caused by the negligence or intentional conduct of Trust, or its staff, volunteers, agents or otherwise. I also understand that Trust does not assume any responsibility or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to, medical, health or disability insurance in the event of injury or illness.
THIS RELEASE IS A COMPLETE AND FINAL RELEASE AND SURRENDER OF EACH AND EVERY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION FOR DAMAGES, LOSS, EXPENSES, AND/ OR INJURIES, WHETHER TO PERSON OR PROPERTY, THAT I OR MINOR WILL OR MAY HAVE AGAINST TRUST, ITS DIRECTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, TEACHERS, VOLUNTEERS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, AGENTS OR OTHERWISE.
(3) WAIVER. I agree to waive the protection afforded by any statute or law in any state or other jurisdiction whose purpose, substance and/or effect is to provide that a general release shall not extend to claims, material or otherwise, which the person giving the release does not know or suspect to exist as the time of executing the release.
(4) MEDICAL TREATMENT. I recognize that medical treatment on an emergency basis may be necessary at a time when I am not available to give my consent in advance of such emergency care, and I give permission to the Trust to authorize such care as may be deemed necessary under existing circumstances. I hereby release and forever discharge Trust from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment, or service rendered by Trust, or its agents, representatives or third parties in connection with the Activity.
(5) INSURANCE. In understand that Trust does not carry or maintain primary health, medical, or disability insurance coverage for Minor. I understand that the Trust carries a general liability insurance policy that may provide coverage for some medical expenses related to accidents during the Activity that are not covered by parent/guardian insurance. I understand that I am responsible for all medical costs associated with any accident or illness my child may experience during the Trust day or while under Trust supervision.
(6) INDEMNITY AGREEMENT. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Trust with respect to any and all actions, claims, suits, procedures, costs, expenses, damages and liabilities, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising from or in connection with Minor’s participation in the Activity, and I agree to reimburse Trust for any such expenses incurred.
(7) PHOTO/IMAGE RELEASE. I authorize and consent to the use of Minor's visual image by the Historic Trust for appropriate purposes, including but not limited to: still photography, video, electronic and print publications and websites. I give this consent with no claim for payment.
(8) PROPERTY RELEASE. I understand and agree that Trust recommends not bringing items of significant value, including, but not limited to, cell phones, electronic gaming and other devices, money, bank cards, checks, and jewelry, while participating in the Activity. I understand and agree that Trust will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items.
(9) CHOICE OF LAW AND SEVERABILITY. I expressly agree that this Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Washington, and that this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall continue to be enforceable.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS SPECIFIC ACTIVITY PERMISSION, ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY FORM. I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, AND UNDERSTAND THAT I AM GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING MY RIGHT TO SUE, ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND MINOR. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM SIGNING THE AGREEMENT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY AND REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT I AM MINOR’S PARENT AND/OR LAWFUL GUARDIAN AND THAT I AM FULLY AUTHORIZED, AND NOT OTHERWISE RESTRICTED UNDER ANY COURT ORDER, DECREE, JUDGMENT OR TERMS OF ANY DIVORCE OR PARENTING SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT FROM GRANTING PERMISSION FOR MINOR TO PARTICIPATE IN THE ACTIVITY AND SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT. I INTEND THAT THIS AGREEMENT CONSTITUTES A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, this Agreement is effective upon signature.
September 28, 2021