2019 Public Power Lineworkers Rodeo Code of Conduct
The Public Power Lineworkers Rodeo is first and foremost a demonstration of safe work practices and a training exercise. Understanding that there is a competitive aspect to this event, The American Public Power Association (APPA) in conjunction with Colorado Springs Utilities encourages you to read and adhere to this code of conduct. Doing so will ensure that all participants are treated with equality and respect, and that the Public Power Lineworkers Rodeo continues to be enjoyable for all.
As a Rodeo Participant, I understand that I must follow these rules to stay in good standing:
1. Respect the Rodeo, compete fairly and follow the rules and regulations.
2. Show respect for the authority of the Rodeo judges.
3. Demonstrate good sportsmanship before, during and after events.
4. Help observers understand the lineworkers’ philosophy on safe work practices so that they can watch and enjoy the Rodeo.
5. Be courteous to other teams and treat all competitors, coaches, judges, greeters, auditors, volunteers, APPA staff and others with respect.
6. Respect the privilege of the use of public facilities.
7. Refrain from the use of drugs, alcohol and abusive language/gestures during the competition.
8. Represent your utility in a professional manner at all times. Any infractions – regardless of when they occur – will be reported back to your supervisor.
Thank you for participating in the 2019 Public Power Lineworkers Rodeo.