In consideration of the opportunity to participate in Multnomah Athletic Club’s event, herein referred to as ‘‘the program’’ made available through the Multnomah Athletic Club, herein referred to as “MAC,” I agree as follows:
1. I understand and acknowledge that participation in the program may be dangerous and may involve risks which include, but are not limited to, bodily injury, partial or total disability, paralysis and death. I also understand and acknowledge that the social and economic losses or damages which can result from those risks and dangers can be severe and that not all such risks and dangers may be known or reasonably foreseeable at this time. I accept the responsibility for losses or damages resulting from all such risks and dangers involved in participation in the program.
2. I agree to take appropriate precautions for my own safety and that of others when participating in the program and further agree that, before participating I will inspect the facilities and equipment to be used and will, if I believe anything is unsafe, immediately advise the person in charge of that unsafe condition and will refuse to participate.
3. I hereby release, waive and discharge MAC, its coaches, instructors, officials and volunteers engaged by MAC, in the conduct of the program, and MAC officers, directors, agents and employees, from all liability to me and to my conservators, guardians or other legal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses or damages on account of any injury, death or damage to property, arising out of my participation in the program, arising from negligence, whether on MAC premises or elsewhere, including transportation of myself and/or my child/ ward to and from events and venues.
4. If competing in an offsite event/venue, I assume responsibility for transportation of myself and/or my child(ren)/ward(s) to and from those events and/or venues.
5. I also hereby agree to indemnify and to hold harmless from any claim or demand on account of injury or damage which I may suffer as a result of participation in the program MAC and all other persons mentioned in Paragraph 3.
6. I understand that this release, waiver and agreement to indemnify and hold harmless includes, but is not limited to, damages which are caused, or alleged to be caused, in whole or in part by the negligence of MAC and the individuals listed in Paragraph 3.
I have read the above agreement of release and waiver of liability and understand that by signing it I have given up substantial rights. I sign this agreement voluntarily.
If participant is not over 18 years of age:
I am the parent or legal guardian of the participant named above, who is under the age of 18 years, and who wishes to participate in Multnomah Athletic Club’s program described above in Paragraph 1. In consideration of Multnomah Athletic Club’s allowing my child or ward to participate in that program, I hereby agree to indemnify Multnomah Athletic Club and all other persons described in Paragraph 3 above, and to hold each and all of them harmless from any claim or demand on account of injury to or damage suffered by my child or ward as a result of participation in that program, whether on Multnomah Athletic Club premises or elsewhere.
I acknowledge it is my responsibility to deliver my child(ren) to the program and to pick up my child(ren) promptly upon the scheduled conclusion of the program. If competing in an offsite event/venue, I assume responsibility for transportation of myself and/or my child(ren)/ward(s) to and from those events and/or venues.
This agreement includes, but is not limited to, claims or demands on account of injury or damage caused or allegedly caused by the negligence of MAC or any of the individuals listed in Paragraph 3.
Today's Date: October 21, 2019