- The undersigned parent(s) or legal guardian(s) (“Parent”) grants permission for their son or daughter (“Child”) to participate in Cedar Park Assembly of God of Kirkland Washington’s ("Cedar Park") 20200 Kamp Kenmore Event (“Event”) to be held at Cedar Park Northshore (18737 68th Ave NE, Kenmore, WA 98028) and the immediate vicinity from July 6, 2020 through August 28, 2020. Parent understands and agrees that in consideration for the Child's participation in this Event, Parent and Child are waiving their right(s) to pursue any legal action against Cedar Park Assembly of God of Kirkland, WA or any of their affiliates.
- The Parent expressly warrants that the Child is capable of withstanding the physical demands of the activities involved at the Event, including rigorous physical activities, such as, but not limited to, outdoor and indoor sports, loud, jarring noises and other physically and emotionally strenuous activities. The Parent expressly warrants that the child is capable of activities that are physically and emotionally demanding. The Parent also expressly grants permission to engage in activities such as, but not limited to, the “bouncy house” and other strenuous activities, which are high-impact and potentially dangerous. Parent expressly acknowledges that some of the activities associated with the Event involve risks of property damage, injury or death that no amount of care, caution, instruction or expertise can eliminate.
- Parent expressly understands that participation in outdoor activities and the Event involve risks of property damage, injury or death that no amount of care, caution, instruction or expertise can eliminate. Weather and conditions can shift and change without notice. As such, even diligent effort cannot account for outdoor activities such as those that will take place at the Event. These dangers include, but are not limited to, variations in terrain, surface conditions, falls, loss of control, collisions with other individuals or with natural and man-made objects. In other words, there are inherent risks associated witht he Event that Parent acknowledges and accepts, as noted throughout this Agreement.
- The Parent grants permission to Cedar Park and its employees and agents to seek and secure any medical attention or treatment for the Child including hospitalization, if in the agent’s opinion such need arises and Cedar Park is unable to contact the Parent. The Parent gives consent to any licensed physician to administer drugs or medicine or to perform such medical procedures as that physician determines necessary for the relief of pain and to preserve the Child’s life or health. Additionally, Parent hereby grants permission for Cedar Park or its qualified agents to administer basic medical treatment in the event such need arises.
- The Parent agrees to assume the responsibility for all medical, transportation, rescue and other related expenses incurred on behalf of the Child.
- The Parent releases and agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Cedar Park, its directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims for personal injury (including loss of life) and all other losses or damages (except those caused entirely by the gross negligence or intentional conduct of Cedar Park Assembly) that the Child or the Parent may suffer as a result of the Child’s participation and/or enrollment at the Event.
- On occasion, Cedar Park takes photographs or makes an audio or video tape recording of children involved in church activities. Such photographs or video records may be used by staff and participants to remember the activities or participants. In addition, such photographs and audio/visual recordings may be used in Cedar Park publications or advertising materials to let others know about Cedar Park’s ministry. The Parent consents to the use of any such audio or visual record of the Child named above to be used, distributed, or displayed as agents of the church see fit. This consent includes but is not limited to: photographs, videotape, and audio recordings.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS A RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY.