This release and waiver of liability (the “Release”) executed on June 4, 2020 by the volunteer or the volunteer's parent/guardian (the "Volunteer") in favor of The Fuller Center for Housing of Macon, Georgia, Inc., and its partner organizations, and their directors, officers, employees, and agents (collectively, “The Fuller Center Macon”). The Volunteer desires to work as a volunteer for The Fuller Center for Housing of Macon, GA and engage in the activities related to being a volunteer. The Volunteer understands that the activities may include constructing and rehabilitating residential buildings, traveling to and from the work site location, working in The Fuller Center offices, and living in housing provided for Volunteers of The Fuller Center Macon. The Volunteer does hereby freely, and without duress, execute this Release under the following terms:
1. Waiver and Release The Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless The Fuller Center Macon and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the Volunteer’s work for The Fuller Center Macon. The Volunteer understands and acknowledges that this Release discharges The Fuller Center Macon from any liability or claim that the Volunteer may have against The Fuller Center Macon with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from Volunteer’s participation in The Fuller Center Macon’s home building program. The Volunteer also understands that, except as otherwise agreed to by The Fuller Center Macon in writing, The Fuller Center Macon does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability insurance in the event of injury or illness.
2. Medical Treatment Except as otherwise agreed to by The Fuller Center Macon in writing, the Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge The Fuller Center Macon from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment, or service rendered in connection with the Volunteer’s work for The Fuller Center for Housing of Macon, GA.
3. Assumption of the Risk The Volunteer understands that work for The Fuller Center Macon may include activities that may be hazardous to the Volunteer, including, but not limited to, construction, loading and unloading, and transportation to and from the work sites. In connection thereto, the Volunteer recognizes and understands that activities at The Fuller Center may, in some situations, involve inherently dangerous activities. The Volunteer hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm in these activities and releases The Fuller Center from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the activities of the Volunteer’s work for The Fuller Center.
4. Insurance The Volunteer understands that, except as otherwise agree to by The Fuller Center Macon in writing, The Fuller Center Macon does not carry or maintain health, medical, or disability insurance coverage for any Volunteer. Each Volunteer is expected and encouraged to arrive with medical or health insurance coverage in effect.
5. Photographic Release Volunteer does hereby grant and convey unto The Fuller Center of Macon during the Volunteer’s work at The Fuller Center Macon, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
6. Consent to use electronic signatures and transmission of documents. Volunteer consents to allow the use of an electronic signature and electronic transmission of this agreement. Volunteer agrees not to deny the legal effect or enforceability of this agreement solely because it is in electronic form or was transmitted electronically or because it is not in its original form as an original document.
7. Other Volunteer expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the Volunteer's home state and Georgia, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia. Volunteer agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court or competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, Volunteer has executed this Release as of the day and time at which it was signed.