Emma Marie’s Grooming & Daycare, LLC (“Emma Marie’s”) shall provide services to undersigned Client (“Client”) upon the following terms and conditions:
A. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: This Section A applies to all Clients of Emma Marie’s, regardless of which services Client is receiving from Emma Marie’s.
1. By submitting a dog for services rendered by Emma Marie’s, Client represents to Emma Marie’s that said dog is owned by Client and/or Client has been granted express authority by said dog’s owner to contract for Emma Marie’s services.
2. Duty to Disclose: Client has an ongoing duty to disclose any and all medical or behavioral conditions, or changes in medical or behavioral conditions, of said dog to Emma Marie’s, whether the condition or change in condition is considered major or minor to the Client. Medical conditions include, but are not limited to, allergies, vomiting, Giardia, Coccidia and any other conditions that may affect the health of the dog. Behavioral conditions include but are not limited to dog bites, human bites, anxiety, aggression and any other conditions that may classify the dog as a nuisance dog or a dangerous dog.
3. Right to refuse: Emma Marie’s has the right to refuse any dog at any time for any reason, including but not limited to injury, sickness, or behavior that in the sole and absolute judgment of Emma Marie’s could jeopardize the health or safety of other dogs, employees or other clients.
4. Health records: Each dog shall have updated health record issued by a licensed veterinarian prior to receiving services from Emma Marie’s. Client shall provide Emma Marie’s with an updated health record on an annual basis. The health record shall show evidence that the dog has a negative fecal test and is current on all vaccinations including rabies, distemper/parvo, and bordetella. Client’s dog shall be on a flea and tick preventative. If the Client’s dog does not have an updated health record, Emma Marie’s will terminate services immediately.
5. Collars and leashes: All dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the building and shall have a quick release collar that does not contain any tags.
6. Personal Property: Emma Marie’s shall not be liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged personal property belonging to the Client caused by the Client, another Client or another Client’s dog. If the Client or Client’s dog causes injury or damage to other dogs, persons and/or himself/herself, Client shall be solely responsible for any liability associated therewith and shall indemnify and hold Emma Marie’s harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses and/or damages resulting from or connected with any injury or damage to other dogs, persons or himself/herself as a result thereof.
7. Media Release: Client grants permission to Emma Marie’s to use the Client’s dog’s name and/or images or likeness of the dog while he/she is staying at Emma Marie’s, in any format, for any use, at any time, in any media marketing, advertisement, illustration, or promotional materials.
8. Emergency Veterinarian Care and Expenses: Emma Marie’s shall have the right to obtain medical treatment for Client’s dog, if, in Emma Marie’s sole and absolute discretion, it appears that Client’s dog may be ill, injured or exhibits any other behavior that would reasonably suggest that he/she may need medical treatment. The employees of Emma Marie’s are NOT medically trained and have limited knowledge of each dog’s normal behavior. Although Emma Marie’s shall use reasonable observation skills to recognize any irregular behavior of Client’s dog that may indicate an illness or injury, they shall not be held liable for not recognizing that Client’s dog is ill or injured. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact Client and Client’s emergency contact person, if any, when Emma Marie’s determines that medical treatment is necessary. However, if Emma Marie’s is unable to contact Client or Client’s emergency contact, Emma Marie’s and the veterinarian chosen by Emma Marie’s may rely on this paragraph as Client’s consent to treat Client’s dog. Client hereby grants the veterinarian and Emma Marie’s the right to make medically necessary decisions for the treatment of Client’s dog, and hereby release the veterinarian and Emma Marie’s from all liability for the same. If Client is unable to be reached, Client hereby grants Client’s emergency contact the right to make medically necessary decisions for the treatment of Client’s dog. Emma Marie’s shall first attempt to seek treatment from the veterinarian provided in Client’s application (“Designated Veterinarian”), but Emma Marie’s shall have the right to seek veterinary treatment from an alternative veterinarian if: (i) the dog needs urgent care and another veterinarian is closer, (ii) Emma Marie’s is unable to reach the Designated Veterinarian, or (iii) Emma Marie’s is unable to transport the pet to Designated Veterinarian. If Client’s dog passes away at Emma Marie’s, said dog will be brought to the nearest veterinarian. If Client’s dog passes away while in the custody of Emma Marie’s or while receiving emergency treatment in accordance with this paragraph, Client shall authorize a necropsy to be performed on said dog and the results shall be provided to Emma Marie’s. CLIENT SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL COSTS AND EXPENSES RELATED TO ANY MEDICAL TREATMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE COST OF ANY TRANSPORTATION FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUCH TREATMENT AND THE NECROPSY. If the Client fails to have a necropsy performed prior to cremating or burying the body of the dog, said failure shall be deemed Client’s WAIVER AND RELEASE of any and all claims that Client may have against Emma Marie’s, its employees, officers, agents and/or assigns originating from the death of said dog.
9. Dog Shuttle Release and Waiver of Liability: Client shall read and execute the Dog Shuttle Release and Waiver of Liability prior to receiving services from Emma Marie’s, even if Client does not intend on using the transportation services of Emma Marie’s.
10. Disaster Preparedness Plan: In the unlikely event of an emergency or natural disaster, every effort will be made to contact the Client and the Client’s Emergency Contact, if any, to retrieve the Client’s dog. Client authorizes Emma Marie’s to transport, and/or make temporary alternative arrangements to house and care for Client’s dog until either Client or Client’s Emergency Contact can pick up Client’s dog.
11. Abandoned Dog: No dog may be left after the scheduled pick up time without communication from Client. If Client’s dog is left without contact, your dog will be deemed abandoned after 10 days in accordance to the Massachusetts State Law.
12. Returned Checks: If your check is returned there is a $35 service charge. Any outstanding charges due to a returned check, including the service charge must be paid in full by cash or credit card prior to the Client’s next appointment at Emma Marie's.
B. DAYCARE AND BOARDING:
1. Client shall have owned the Client’s dog for a minimum of thirty (30) days prior to using Emma Marie’s daycare or boarding services.
2. All new Clients must complete an in-person consultation process with Emma Marie’s.
3. Spayed/Neutered: Client’s dog shall be spayed or neutered, if Client’s dog is six (7) months of age or older.
4. Food: All dogs shall arrive with pre-portioned, pre-bagged food for their daycare and/or boarding stay at Emma Marie’s. Failure to do so shall result in a pre-portioning fee per day. Client shall notify Emma Marie’s of any allergies to food that Client’s dog may suffer from.
5. Rest period/Play time: Emma Marie’s believes in alternating play time with rest time multiple times throughout each dog’s day. During play time, all dogs are in playgroups and thus nicks, scratches or injuries may occur. Emma Marie’s may utilize spray bottles containing water as a tool to assist with altering a dog’s behavior while in daycare, if positive reinforcement is not altering a particular dog’s behavior. During rest time, all dogs shall be placed in crates.
6. Daycare Reservation/Cancellations: All Reservations for daycare shall be made in person or by phone with a staff member. One (1) by 9am cancellation per calendar month starting on the 1st calendar day of each month and ending on the last calendar day of each month is allowed without any charge to the Client. However, the Client shall not be reimbursed for any additional cancellations within the same calendar month unless a seven (7) day notice is given or unless the Client's dog has had a medical emergency evidenced by a veterinarian noting the source of the emergency. Until Emma Marie's receives a note from Client's veterinarian, Client shall be charged for that canceled reservation day. Clients that are on the permanent reoccurring schedule who have two (2) consecutive no call/no shows or more will result in Client being removed from the permanent list.
7. Daycare Days and Hours: Daycare is open Monday through Friday beginning at 6:30am and closing at 6:30pm. The daycare is NOT an overnight program. Emma Marie’s closes promptly at 6:30pm and there shall be a $1.00 per minute charge for any pet left after 6:30pm (maximum $15.00 applies). If Client’s dog is not picked up by 6:45pm, Client’s dog shall be boarded and charged in accordance with Emma Marie’s boarding fee schedule.
8. Prepaid Daycare visits: All prepaid daycare visits are valid for ninety (90) days after the first visit is redeemed. Prepaid daycare visits are non-refundable and non-transferable. Prepaid daycare refunds will only be given to dogs who can no longer attend due to a medical condition diagnosed by their veterinarian or are expelled.
9. Boarding Reservations/Cancellations: Twenty percent (20%) of Client’s dog’s boarding stay is required for all boarding reservations. Boarding deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. If you wish to change the dates of your stay, you must contact a Front Desk staff member. Boarding reservations may only be altered if you are adding or removing night(s) from the original reservation and are approved by the Front Desk staff member, who confirmed availability. Any early pickups shall be charged the full amount of the original reservation during peak season and holidays. If the Client schedules a boarding reservation with Emma Marie’s and does not bring the Client’s dog in, Client shall remain responsible to pay the ENTIRE amount of Client’s dog’s boarding reservation.
10. Boarding Check-in/Check-out times: A dog being checked-in for boarding shall be dropped off between 6:30am -9:00am Monday through Friday only. Check-out times are between 9:00am – 11:00am or 4:00pm - 6:30pm Monday through Friday, and 9:30am-10:00am Saturday. Client shall be charged an additional $18.00 fee, per dog, if Client picks up his/her dog between 4:00pm - 6:30pm Monday through Friday. There shall be no check-ins or check-outs on Sunday's.
1. Shave Down Policy: Shaving a dog may be necessary due to matting or it may be by personal choice. Shaving means to clip the coat very close to the skin, which gives a “smooth” look. There can be a variety of skin and coat problems that may occur after the shave down of a dog. These problems may include the following:
a. Loss of hair growth
b. Bald patches and/or thin spots where skin is visible
c. A different coat color for example: a red coat may be blonde after a haircut
d. Coat growing back a different texture
e. Itching, scratching, biting, licking, shaking, twitching, spinning, rubbing, etc.
f. Hyper pigmentation – darkening of the skin where the coat has not grown back
g. Sunburn (sunscreen is recommended after a shave down)
h. Loss of guard coat, especially in double coated breeds
i. Coat re-growth in different direction (cowlicks)
j. Hotspots can develop days or even weeks after shave down
If the coat is matted please be aware that nicks, cuts, abrasions, clipper burn, and overall skin irritation(s) are more likely.
Sometimes the grooming experience can unveil hidden pre-existing conditions. Emma Marie’s will always bring anything the groomer may notice to the Client’s attention. Emma Marie’s cannot diagnose a condition but may advise the Client to seek veterinary care for Client’s dog.
2. Double Coat Shave Downs: Emma Marie’s advises against shaving any breed of dog that has a double coat or are short haired. The dogs’ hair is there to protect them and should not be shaved. If shaved, the hair of the Client’s dog may grow back spotty, thicker or thinner. Shaving will also increase the risk of sunburn. If Client chooses to have Emma Marie’s shave Client’s dog, Client acknowledges and assumes the risk of the above listed conditions that may occur.
3. No-Show/Cancellations: No-shows and last-minute cancellations (less than 24-hour notice) are subject to a $25 Cancellation fee PER PET, which shall be added to Client’s next service. Prepayment for said cancellation fee shall be required before another appointment is booked. Emma Marie’s is a by-appointment business, and another client could have taken your appointment if Emma Marie’s had been given proper notice of the cancellation. Clients who are fifteen (15) minutes late risk losing their appointment without notice at the sole discretion of Emma Marie’s.
D. ACCEPTANCE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK.
CLIENT UNDERSTANDS AND ASSUMES THE RISK THAT: (A) THERE ARE INHERNET AND POTENTIAL RISKS BETWEEN HUMANS AND DOGS, AS WELL AS BETWEEN DOGS AND OTHER DOGS, WHICH MAY RESULT IN PROPERTY DAMAGE OR BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERMANENT DISABILITY, SICKNESS OR DEATH TO HUMAN OR DOG; (B) THERE MAY BE OTHER RISKS NOT KNOWN TO YOU OR EMMA MARIES, NOR READILY FORESEEABLE AT THIS TIME (COLLECTIVELY, “RISKS”). CLIENT ACCEPTS AND ASSUMES ALL RISKS AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL RISKS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF CLIENT’S DOG’S PARTICIPATION AT EMMA MARIES, INCLUDING ANY VETERINARIAN EXPENSES INCURRED ON BEHALF OF OR CAUSED BY CLIENT’S DOG. “SICKNESS” INCLUDES ANY ILLNESS NOT LIMITED TO BORDETELLA (KENNEL COUGH), BLOAT, OR ANY OTHER FORM OF CONTAGIOUS DISEASE.
By signing below, Client is representing that he/she has read, understands and agrees, to all the terms and conditions contained in this Client Agreement including any waivers of liability, assumptions of risk and indemnifications, as they may be amended from time to time. Client executes this Client Agreement for Client’s dog, Client, and Client’s heirs, assessors, representatives and assigns. If signing electronically, I hereby agree that my signature will be deemed as an original and take the place of my wet ink signature. If signing in ink, I hereby agree that a true and correct copy of this document may be produced in lieu of the original application.
Today's Date: May 13, 2021