Important: this document will affect your legal rights and liabilities.
Please read carefully before signing.
I (user) including all minors that I am legally or ethically responsible as listed below, irrevocably agree as a condition precedent at all times to my presence upon or use, at any time, of any or all of the facilities of Bullets & Broadheads Shooting Center Ltd (B&B) including without limitations those facilities located at 11920 100-st, Grande Prairie, Alberta and the parking facilities located in front of, in the vicinity of or around such location and any location or facilities where any activity or function sponsored or held by B&B is located (collectively “the facilities”) whether for my own purposes as an invitee of B&B or as part of a function or activity whether or not such function or activity is sponsored, sanctioned or supported by B&B to hereby make the acknowledgements and to grant the waiver and indemnity set out below, in addition to any other consideration which I may or may not have provided or agreed to provide to B&B in this document, the above USER is referred to as I or the USER.
FOR THE GOOD AND VALUABLE CONSIDERATION (THE RECEIPT, SUFFICIENCY AND ADEQUACY OF WHICH I DO HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE) I THE UNDERSIGNED USER FOR AND ON BEHALF OF MYSELF, AND FOR MY HEIRS, EXECUTORS AND ADMINISTRATORS, DO HEREBY:
a. Acknowledge and affirm
- That the facilities contain shooting ranges, throwing lanes (and related paraphernalia eg. Knives, axes) and archery lanes, where firearms, archery equipment and throw-able devices may be legally discharged/operated and may be discharged/operated at any time that the facilities are open or otherwise
- That firearms, archery equipment, throwing equipment, ammunition and other paraphernalia related to firearms, archery, throwing and the discharge thereof may be present on the facility at any and all times
- That the use of firearms, ammunition and other paraphernalia related to firearms, archery, throwing and the discharge thereof is subject to certain inherent risks and hazards that the use of firearms, archery, throwing and the activities associated therewith is and are potentially dangerous
- That in entering upon or using the facilities I do so at my sole and absolute risk notwithstanding that I may or may not be familiar with any or all aspects of firearms, ammunition, archery, arrows, axes, knives and other related paraphernalia, the discharge of aforementioned items or the risks and hazards associated therewith;
- That while on or using the facilities I am absolutely and solely responsible for my own conduct, safety and well being as well as the conduct, safety and well being of any guest accompanying me (including without limitation any minor)
- That engaging in or observing shooting activities exposes me to lead particles and other potentially harmful contaminants
- That the by products and emissions from the discharging of firearms are potentially toxic to me and that in particular lead particles which are emitted by the discharge of firearms is toxic to me and anyone accompanying me and that all persons who come into contact with such by products and emissions are at risk of incurring health problems
- That anyone under the age of 18 and pregnant women are at higher risk of incurring health problems from contact with the by products and emissions from the discharging of firearms
- That if I or anyone with me enters the shooting areas and moves beyond the designated firing line on all ranges, I and such persons are at greater risk of injury or health problems
- That if I engage in shooting, archery and or throwing activities which involve shooting at points beyond the designated firing line, I assume all risk for myself and anyone accompanying me for any injury or harm that I or they suffer
- That while at B&B, I will follow all warnings and instructions posted or given to me verbally and I will practice safe shooting habits and behaviours on all ranges at this facility to protect myself and those around me and minimize the risk of injury or harm to myself or others
- That it is the users sole responsibility to read and understand and that I have read, understood and agreed to execute this release waiver and indemnity agreement as a condition obtaining access to and use of the facilities and the activities, services and facilities contained and provided therein
b. WAIVE & RELEASE B&B and its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives and agents from any and all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising whether directly or indirectly from or in consequence of any and all losses, injury (including loss of life)and/or damage to the person and/or property of the user suffered, sustained or incurred during, in connection with or as a result of my presence at or use the facilities or while attending or participating in activity associated or connected with B&B, the facilities or the directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives and agents of B&B, due to any cause whatsoever including without limitation the negligence, gross negligence or wilful misconduct of B&B, its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, clients, customers, suppliers, members or agents. AND ON BEHALF OF MYSELF, I HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS against B&B , its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives and agents for damages, costs and expenses (including legal expenses) which I may have, sustain or incur in connection with or arising directly or indirectly in any way from my presence at the use of the facilities or while attending or participating in activity associated or connected with B&B including, without limitation all damages, costs and expenses arising from (a) the provision of services of any kind including but not limited to provision of firearms and ammunition and the loading and discharge thereof and (b) the provision of insurance or lack thereof
c. INDEMNIFY and agree to promptly indemnify and hold B&B and its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives and agents harmless from and against any and all liabilities, claims, demands, actions, causes of action, judgments (including judgments for costs), costs or expenses (including legal expenses) which B&B or its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives or agents may suffer, sustain or incur as a direct or indirect result of any act or omission of any nature or kind whatsoever of the user or any guest or invitee of the user.
d. I acknowledge that the execution and delivery of this release waiver and indemnity agreement is required as a condition precedent of B&B granting access to the facility and use thereof. I further acknowledge and agree that B&B reserves the right not to proceed with granting access or to otherwise discontinuing access at any time.
I HEREBY COVENANT AND AGREE TO PROMPTLY INDEMNIFY AND SAVE HARMLESS B&B and its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives and agents from any and all claims, damages, demands, actions, causes of action and judgments (including judgments for costs) which may be advanced by or on behalf of and or awarded to or for the benefit of myself as a result of or in any way arising from B&B granting access to the facilities together with all costs of defending any such claim, demand and /or action including all legal fees and disbursements (and taxes thereon).
If any part of this document shall be unenforceable, the portion which is unenforceable, shall be severed and the balance of this document shall remain in full force and effect. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if the release on behalf of myself shall be deemed to be unenforceable the aforesaid indemnities shall nevertheless remain in full force and effect.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE WAIVER AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT (INCLUDING THE BELOW AND ATTACHED FIREARMS AND RANGE SAFETY RULES, ARCHERY RANGE SAFETY RULES AND THROWING LANE SAFETY RULES PRIOR TO SIGNING IT AND I UNDERSTAND IT. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT, I AM AFFECTING THE LEGAL RIGHTS OF MYSELF, MY HEIRS, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS AND MY NEXT OF KIN. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT A COPY OF THIS DOCUMENT WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE TO ME IF I REQUEST
The user is further obliged to follow all of the following Firearms and Range safety rules below all times.
By signing this waiver I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understand what is written in this waiver and I am not under any prohibition from handling, possessing or using firearms and/or ammunition and/or prohibited devices of any nature.
FIREARMS AND RANGE SAFETY RULES
You will see firearm safety reminds posted throughout our facility, not just in the range area. All staff, members and users of this range must follow these rules at all times. They are clear and simple and if they are never violated, a firearm can never without human intervention accidentally harm anybody.
ALWAYS TREAT A FIREARM AS THOUGH IT WERE LOADED
CONTROL MUZZLE DIRECTION AT ALL TIMES (DOWN RANGE OR AT GROUND)
TRIGGER FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER AND OUT OF TRIGGER GUARD
SEE THAT THE FIREARM IS SAFE VIA PROVE METHOD
Everyone must wear ear and eye protection while in the shooting bays (If you do not have any, ask for them from the front counter, loaners are free of charge)
All firearms must be case/trigger locked prior to leaving safe handling area and entering hallways and store floor.
Firearms will only be loaded on the firing line.
Keep your muzzle pointed below the top of the range backstop.
Nobody will move in front of the firing line at any time, without the approval of the Range officer.
Only properly certified shooters will be able to use Holster (ie: Black Badge, Holster cert accepted).
Only ammunition of the types and calibers authorized by the facility will be used. When in doubt ask the staff.
Remember that lead is a hazardous material and that while shooting you can be exposed to it.
For your own safety, do not eat or drink on the ranges. Wash your hands before leaving the facility or before eating or drinking.
Steel core/steel jacket, flechette, incendiary, flame producing, buckshot and tracer ammunition is prohibited.
Absolutely no handling of ammunition in the “safety area” except to transport through to shooting area.
B&B reserves the right to excericise this in-house policy: Non-members who do not hold PAL /RPAL and wish to drop in must by accompanied by a friend or family member. The aforementioned friend or family member must accompany them into the viewing room or to the firing line, even if that other person does not wish shoot.
PROVE ALL FIREARMS SAFE
P – point firearm in safest available direction (down range)
R – remove all cartridges and or magazines
O – observe the chamber
V – verify the feeding path is clear
E – examine the bore (stoppages and damages)
Please note that an image will be captured of the signor for verification of identity if required.