Microblading Pre-Procedure Guidelines
Please review the following guidelines very carefully and initial that you have read and understood.
- A microblading procedure usually requires multiple treatment sessions. For best results, clients will be required to return for at least one touch up appointment. This will take place 4-6 weeks after the initial procedure. Those with oily skin may require an additional touch up. Please be aware that color intensity will be significantly darker and sharper immediately and a few days after the initial procedure, but the color will reduce by 30-50%.
- Although a topical numbing cream is applied during the procedure, sensitivity or discomfort may be felt. Skin may be red and/or swollen after the procedure.
- Please avoid coffee on the day of your procedure.
- Please do not drink alcohol at least 24 hours prior to the procedure.
- Where possible, avoid the following herbs and spices prior to your appointment: black pepper, cardamom, any member of the zingiberaceae (ginger) family, cayenne, cinnamon, garlic, horseradish and mustard.
- Do not shape or wax your eyebrows before the procedure. Your technician will shape brows during procedure.
- No electrolysis at least 5 days before the procedure.
- No botox, AHA products, retinoids, exfoliating or resurfacing treatments (like microdermabrasion) for at least 2 weeks prior to procedures.
- No chemical peel or laser treatments at least 6 weeks prior to procedure.
- Patients prone to cold sores and fever blisters may request an anti-viral prior to procedure.
- Please note that hormone therapies can affect pigmentation and/or cause sensitivity.
I understand that these guidelines are set forth for my comfort and safety for a microblading treatment. If I do not follow these instructions prior to my appointment, I understand that I may need to reschedule.
Topical Anesthetic Advice
- Procedure For microblading procedures, a numbing agent is used. The products are formulated to be safe and are prescribed for topical numbing for cosmetic procedures. The anesthetic is placed over the treatment area for 20-30 minutes then carefully removed prior to procedure. As a result of the treatment, combined with use of the anesthetic, you can expect to experience some redness or swelling that can last 1-4 days. You should always follow your post-procedure and aftercare guidelines for best results.
- Allergic Reaction may occur from any anesthetics used during the procedure. Pure Cosmetics will provide the patient with application of a 20% benzocaine, 6% lidocaine and 4% tetracaine numbing agent. If you know that you are allergic to any of these ingredients, please notify your technician prior to procedure. If you do suffer from an allergic reaction, you should contact your doctor immediately. Allergic reaction responses may show through redness, swelling, rash, blistering, dryness or any other symptoms associated with an allergic reaction.
- Numbness We cannot accept responsibility if the area to be treated does not respond to the numbing agent. Each individual is different. Some clients report the area to be completely numb, while others may experience some discomfort.
I understand that a topical numbing agent will be used by my technician for my comfort. I understand it is my responsibility to notify my technician if I have a known allergy and/or that I need to contact my doctor immediately if I present with any allergic reaction symptoms.
Contraindications for Microblading
- Liver disease: high risk of infection
- Compromised skin near brow (rash, pimples, boils, infections, manifests of being reddened or inflamed)
I understand there are certain contraindications for microblading treatment. To the best of my knowledge, I have disclosed if I have any of the above contraindications and understand that it will deem me as a non-candidate for treatment.
Consent for Certain Medical Conditions
The following medical conditions require a note from your doctor giving consent:
- Diabetes Type I and II
- High Blood Pressure
- Auto-Immune disease
- Thyroid/Grave’s disease
- Any medical condition that causes delayed healing responses
- Any medical condition that carries a high risk of infection
I understand that certain medical conditions require a note from my doctor giving consent for the microblading procedure. I will provide this prior to my appointment.
I have read and fully understand the above information regarding pre-procedures protocol for microblading. I agree to follow pre-procedure guidelines closely and and understand the risks of using a topical anesthetic. I consent to the use of a topical anesthetic during the procedures.