I acknowledge, understand, and agree to the following:
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Thai boxing, Boxing, mixed martial arts, and other forms of martial arts and fitness training are strenuous activities involving physical contact and may also involve the practice of techniques designed to subdue and control an opponent. I understand that it is advisable that I have a medical examination by a qualified physician before participating in martial arts or any other physical activity. I represent and warrant that I am fit to participate in strenuous physical activities such as martial arts and have no physical disabilities affecting or limiting my ability to do so.
No representation or warranties upon which I have relied have been made to me by any agent, owner, instructor or representative of or anyone associated with Connection Rio Jiu Jitsu Academy, LLC also referred to in this agreement as the “Company” (including all parties doing business under the trade name Connection Rio Jiu Jitsu Academy, LLC) or the “Company” (including all parties doing business under the trade name Connection Rio Jiu Jitsu Academy, LLC) or Dennis Asche, or any of their respective affiliates, agents, successors or assigns (collectively the “Company”) regarding the safety of the practice of martial arts or any other related physical activity.
I recognize, accept and assume all risk of injury associated with practicing, participating in, traveling to or returning from any practice, class, seminar, lesson, competition or athletic event held by, associated with, or sponsored by the Company or any other organization. Without limiting the foregoing, I ASSUME ALL RISKS KNOWN OR UNKNOWN ASSOCIATED WITH PRACTICING MARTIAL ARTS AND OTHER PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. I ASSUME ALL RISKS KNOWN OR UNKNOWN WITH PARTICIPATING IN ANY MARTIAL ARTS SEMINAR OR COMPETITION REPRESENTING “THE COMPANY”.
On behalf of myself, my successors or assigns, heirs, personal representatives, and all persons claiming by, through or under me, I hereby fully and forever release, waive, relinquish, and discharge the Company and its instructor, subsidiaries, affiliates and all past and present employees, officers, directors, shareholders, managers, members, agents, nominees, attorneys, successors and assigns (collectively the “Company Parties”) from any and all claims, losses, liabilities, or demands of any nature whatsoever in law or in equity, for injury or death to me regardless of whether arising during or after my membership or participation in the activities of the Company when directly or indirectly arising out of or resulting from any instruction, training, practice, class, seminar, lesson, competition, or event of the Company, including, without limitation, traveling to, participating in, or returning from any such event.
I hold harmless, defend and indemnify the Company Parties from and against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, or demands (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) regardless of whether arising during or after my membership or participation in activities of the Company, when directly or indirectly arising out of or resulting from my acts or omissions in connection with the practice, instruction or use of or participation in the martial arts or the activities of the Company. I understand and agree that my participation in any classes, lessons, practice, training, competitions or events held or sponsored by the Company is expressly conditioned upon my agreement to the foregoing terms and conditions.
I hereby acknowledge and understand that martial arts training is a physical activity and learning self-defense skills involves physical contact. Connection Rio Jiu Jitsu Academy, LLC, its staff and students are not to be held liable or responsible for any risks and / or injuries that may occur as a result of training in martial arts. I also agree to follow and adhere to the rules and guidelines of the Company and not to degrade the reputation and / or misrepresent the Company in any manner deemed negative by my Professor both inside and outside the academy or at any event in which I may be representing the Company, in past, present, or future of my membership.
I understand and agree that this Release and Indemnity, among other things, releases the Company from responsibility for my injuries or death and makes me responsible for injuries to or death of there caused by me.
I agree that my attendance at Connection Rio Jiu Jitsu Academy, LLC may be photographed, filmed, or taped, and used by Connection Rio Jiu Jitsu Academy, LLC and thereby waive any rights or compensation thereof. I hereby authorize Dennis Asche and Connection Rio Jiu Jitsu Academy, LLC, including any third party associated with Dennis Asche and Connection Rio Jiu Jitsu Academy, LLC to publishing media and images such as but not limited to, photography, recorded video, and recorded audio taken of me on and my name and likeness, for use on the Company website, online social media channels and pages, and other video-based content and marketing materials, as well as other Company’s publications, and any third party publications and online social media channels. I further acknowledge that my participation is voluntary and that I will not receive financial compensation of any type associated with the taking or publication of any said media nor will I have rights of ownership or royalties whatsoever. I hereby release Dennis Asche, the Company, its members, contractors, and any third parties involved in the creation or publication of all media content, including photography, recorded audio, recorded video, and marketing materials from liability for any claims by me or any third party in connection with my participation.
Academy Etiquette / Code of Conduct:
- Bow on and off the mat when entering the training area.
- Leave your ego at the door.
- Line up by belt rank before and after class facing the instructor with highest ranking member on your left hand side.
- No poor sportsmanship or temper tantrums. No swearing or yelling while on the mat.
- Mouth guards are required for all classes.
- Respect your training partners at all times. Any disagreements, please bring to the attention of the instructor.
- Keep the mats clean, always clean up after yourself and / or your children. This includes finger tape, water bottles, bandaids, snacks in the waiting area, etc.
- If you bleed or throw up during class, clean yourself and all surrounding areas affected. (floor, sink, trash bins, wall, etc. )
- All jewelry, including body piercings, and any type of metal, buttons, zippers, etc. are prohibited from being worn on the mat.
- No filming in class of any technique, drills, or sparring. No exceptions.
- No cell phone use during class. Phones are to be left outside of the training area. Please silence phones left in the dressing room.
- Any form of bullying will not be tolerated.
- Follow the guidelines and requirements of the classes you are attending. Please reference table of contents in the CRA Student Handbook.
- Punctual attendance is crucial. Students who are late should notify the instructor prior to class. If you show up late, you must ask permission to join a structured class. *This rule does not apply to open mat.
- Follow the structured class as it is taught. For example, during entries and technique, drill the specific technique instructed by the instructor unless specifically asked to do so. Do not drill your own techniques or entries during this time.
- Take all personal items home with you when you leave the academy.
- We encourage students to ask questions, gut ask questions at an appropriate time. Do not interrupt the instructor during instruction of a technique.
- All members of the academy are considered team mates. There is to be no coaching / teaching during class unless specifically asked by an instructor to do so.
- We encourage and appreciate our students to represent CRA whenever possible. If you choose to represent the academy, we ask you to do so in a professional manner at all times and not one that would casue negative exposure to the academy or its members.
- Everyone is required to wear a CRA patch during class and representing the academy during competition.
Academy Hygiene Practices:
- Shoes are to be worn in the bathroom at all times, never on the mat or in the dressing room.
- Wash hands after the bathroom, and any time cleaning up any type of bodily fluids during class.
- Wash your gi and training apparel after every class. Wash your belt.
- Rash guards, shirts (required for No-Gi / striking), kimono tops (gi classes) and underwear must be worn on the mat.
- Toe nails and finger nails are to be kept short and clean during class. It is important you do not cut or scratch your training partners.
- Wash your feet in the cleaning station before stepping on the mat.
- All open wounds / burns must be covered where they will not leak during training at all times.
- If you have ring worm, staph, any type of skin disease, or any type of virus or communicable illness, you are to observe only and not train in class until treatment is complete and symptoms are dissolved.