Emma Marie’s Grooming & Daycare, LLC (“Emma Marie’s”) shall provide services to undersigned Client (“Client”) upon the following terms and conditions:
A. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: This Section A applies to all Clients of Emma Marie’s, regardless of which services Client is receiving from Emma Marie’s.
1. By submitting a cat for services rendered by Emma Marie’s, Client represents to Emma Marie’s that said cat is owned by Client and/or Client has been granted express authority by said cat's owner to contract for Emma Marie’s services.
2. Duty to Disclose: Client has an ongoing duty to disclose any and all medical or behavioral conditions, or changes in medical or behavioral conditions, of said cat to Emma Marie’s, whether the condition or change in condition is considered major or minor to the Client. Medical conditions include, but are not limited to, allergies, vomiting, feline leukemia and any other conditions that may affect the health of the cat. Behavioral conditions include but are not limited to cat bites, anxiety, aggression and any other conditions that may classify the cat as a nuisance cat or a dangerous cat.
3. Right to refuse: Emma Marie’s has the right to refuse any cat at any time for any reason, including but not limited to injury, sickness, or behavior that in the sole and absolute judgment of Emma Marie’s could jeopardize the health or safety of other cats, employees or other clients.
4. Health records: Each cat shall have updated rabies certificate issued by a licensed veterinarian prior to receiving services from Emma Marie’s. If the Client’s cat does not have an updated rabies vaccine, Emma Marie’s will terminate services immediately.
5. Personal Property: Emma Marie’s shall not be liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged personal property belonging to the Client caused by the Client, another Client. If the Client or Client’s cat causes injury or damage to other persons and/or himself/herself, Client shall be solely responsible for any liability associated therewith and shall indemnify and hold Emma Marie’s harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses and/or damages resulting from or connected with any injury or damage to other persons or himself/herself as a result thereof.
6. Media Release: Client grants permission to Emma Marie’s to use the Client’s cat's name and/or images or likeness of the cat while he/she is staying at Emma Marie’s, in any format, for any use, at any time, in any media marketing, advertisement, illustration, or promotional materials.
7. Emergency Veterinarian Care and Expenses: Emma Marie’s shall have the right to obtain medical treatment for Client’s cat, if, in Emma Marie’s sole and absolute discretion, it appears that Client’s cat may be ill, injured or exhibits any other behavior that would reasonably suggest that he/she may need medical treatment. The employees of Emma Marie’s are NOT medically trained and have limited knowledge of each cat's normal behavior. Although Emma Marie’s shall use reasonable observation skills to recognize any irregular behavior of Client’s cat that may indicate an illness or injury, they shall not be held liable for not recognizing that Client’s cat is ill or injured. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact Client and Client’s emergency contact person, if any, when Emma Marie’s determines that medical treatment is necessary. However, if Emma Marie’s is unable to contact Client or Client’s emergency contact, Emma Marie’s and the veterinarian chosen by Emma Marie’s may rely on this paragraph as Client’s consent to treat Client’s cat. Client hereby grants the veterinarian and Emma Marie’s the right to make medically necessary decisions for the treatment of Client’s cat, and hereby release the veterinarian and Emma Marie’s from all liability for the same. If Client is unable to be reached, Client hereby grants Client’s emergency contact the right to make medically necessary decisions for the treatment of Client’s cat. Emma Marie’s shall first attempt to seek treatment from the veterinarian provided in Client’s application (“Designated Veterinarian”), but Emma Marie’s shall have the right to seek veterinary treatment from an alternative veterinarian if: (i) the cat needs urgent care and another veterinarian is closer, (ii) Emma Marie’s is unable to reach the Designated Veterinarian, or (iii) Emma Marie’s is unable to transport the pet to Designated Veterinarian. If Client’s cat passes away at Emma Marie’s, said cat will be brought to the nearest veterinarian. If Client’s cat passes away while in the custody of Emma Marie’s or while receiving emergency treatment in accordance with this paragraph, Client shall authorize a necropsy to be performed on said cat and the results shall be provided to Emma Marie’s. CLIENT SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL COSTS AND EXPENSES RELATED TO ANY MEDICAL TREATMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE COST OF ANY TRANSPORTATION FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUCH TREATMENT AND THE NECROPSY. If the Client fails to have a necropsy performed prior to cremating or burying the body of the cat, said failure shall be deemed Client’s WAIVER AND RELEASE of any and all claims that Client may have against Emma Marie’s, its employees,
officers, agents and/or assigns originating from the death of said cat.
9. Disaster Preparedness Plan: In the unlikely event of an emergency or natural disaster, every effort will be made to contact the Client and the Client’s Emergency Contact, if any, to retrieve the Client’s cat. Client authorizes Emma Marie’s to transport, and/or make temporary alternative arrangements to house and care for Client’s cat until either Client or Client’s Emergency Contact can pick up Client’s cat.
10. Abandoned Cat: No cat may be left after the scheduled pick up time without communication from Client. If Client’s cat is left without contact, your cat will be deemed abandoned after 10 days in accordance to the Massachusetts State Law.
11. Returned Checks: If your check is returned there is a $35 service charge. Any outstanding charges due to a returned check, including the service charge must be paid in full by cash or credit card prior to the Client’s next appointment at Emma Marie's.
1. Shave Down Policy: Shaving a cat may be necessary due to matting or it may be by personal choice. Shaving means to clip the coat very close to the skin, which gives a “smooth” look. There can be a variety of skin and coat problems that may occur after the shave down of a cat. These problems may include the following:
a. Loss of hair growth
b. Bald patches and/or thin spots where skin is visible
c. A different coat color for example: a red coat may be blonde after a haircut
d. Coat growing back a different texture
e. Itching, scratching, biting, licking, shaking, twitching, spinning, rubbing, etc.
f. Hyper pigmentation – darkening of the skin where the coat has not grown back
g. Sunburn (sunscreen is recommended after a shave down)
h. Loss of guard coat, especially in double coated breeds
i. Coat re-growth in different direction (cowlicks)
j. Hotspots can develop days or even weeks after shave down
k. If the coat is matted please be aware that nicks, cuts, abrasions, clipper burn, and overall skin irritation(s) are more likely.
l. Sometimes the grooming experience can unveil hidden pre-existing conditions. Emma Marie’s will always bring anything the groomer may notice to the Client’s attention. Emma Marie’s cannot diagnose a condition but may advise the Client to seek veterinary care for Client’s cat.
2. No-Show/Cancellations: No-shows and last-minute cancellations (less than 24-hour notice) are subject to a $25 Cancellation fee PER PET, which shall be added to Client’s next service. Prepayment for said cancellation fee shall be required before another appointment is booked. Emma Marie’s is a by-appointment business, and another client could have taken your appointment if Emma Marie’s had been given proper notice of the cancellation. Clients who are fifteen (15) minutes late risk losing their appointment without notice at the sole discretion of Emma Marie’s.
ACCEPTANCE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK. CLIENT UNDERSTANDS AND ASSUMES THE RISK
THAT: (A) THERE ARE INHERNET AND POTENTIAL RISKS BETWEEN HUMANS AND DOGS, WHICH MAY RESULT IN PROPERTY DAMAGE OR BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERMANENT DISABILITY, SICKNESS OR DEATH TO HUMAN OR CAT; (B) THERE MAY BE OTHER RISKS NOT KNOWN TO YOU OR EMMA MARIES, NOR READILY FORESEEABLE AT THIS TIME (COLLECTIVELY, “RISKS”). CLIENT ACCEPTS AND ASSUMES ALL RISKS AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL RISKS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF CLIENT’S CAT'S PARTICIPATION AT EMMA MARIES, INCLUDING ANY VETERINARIAN EXPENSES INCURRED ON BEHALF OF OR CAUSED BY CLIENT’S CAT.
By signing below, Client is representing that he/she has read, understands and agrees, to all the terms and conditions contained in this Client Agreement including any waivers of liability, assumptions of risk and indemnifications, as they may be amended from time to time. Client executes this Client Agreement for Client’s cat, Client, and Client’s heirs, assessors, representatives and assigns. If signing electronically, I hereby agree that my signature will be deemed as an original and take the place of my wet ink signature. If signing in ink, I hereby agree that a true and correct copy of this document may be produced in lieu of the original application.
July 7, 2020