BIKE RENTAL PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT RELEASE AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK
I accept for use, as is, the bicycle equipment listed on this form, and accept full responsibility for the care of the bicycle equipment while it is in my possession. I agree to reimburse Fort Wayne Outfitters and Bike Depot, LLC at full retail value for any loss or damage of any kind, other than reasonable wear and tear. I agree to return all rental equipment by the agreed date in clean condition to avoid any additional charges. I understand that there are risks involved in cycling for which this bicycle equipment is to be used, that injuries are a possible occurrence of riding, and I freely assume those risks.
This bicycle equipment is intended for riding on paved roadways obeying all traffic laws. The hotel or rental agent will not be held liable for any injuries or suits and is only acting as an agent for Fort Wayne Outfitters and Bike Depot, LLC and is offering this service as a convenience to you. Fort Wayne Outfitters and Bike Depot, LLC Rental Assumption of Risk, Waiver and Release Agreement:
- I realize the importance of wearing a helmet and I hereby commit to wearing a helmet at all times while riding the bicycle (unless otherwise stated below).
- I understand that this activity may result in severe injury, including but not limited to spinal or head injury.
- I understand that this activity may result in hazards posed by other bicycles and traffic or road conditions.
- I understand how to operate the rental bicycle’s gears and brakes and adjust the seat and quick releases.
- I understand these bicycles do not have visibility enhancement equipment such as lights.
- Bicycle riders should observe all traffic laws.
- Bicycles are to be used only by signers of lease agreement and shall not be operated by any other parties.
- Lessee is responsible for any damage(s) to pedestrians, property or automobiles while lessee is operating or transporting leased bicycles.
- I have carefully read this agreement and understand its content. I am aware this is an assumption of risk, waiver and release of liability and I sign it voluntarily. I also understand that I should not and may not participate in this activity if I am under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- I acknowledge that if the following rental accessories are lost or damaged upon return I agree to bear the following minimum replacement parts and labor costs associated:
- Lights $15
- True wheel $15 o Lock $25
- Replace wheel $30 min.
- Kickstand $25
- Child Trailer $230
ADDITIONAL ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE FOR RENT:
- Lock $3
- Flat repair kit $5
- Light $3
- Child trailer $8/hour; $20/ half day; $32 full day
- Helmet $5
Fort Wayne Outfitters and Bike Depot high recommends that cyclists wear a helmet at all times.
Today's Date: January 18, 2020